• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Has anyone heard of flymeta.io?

Asking questions about a company
That's really good information. I was aware of what "pig butchering" was, but didn't know it could be done with employed models. It makes perfect sense though.

Definitely not going to rush anything. I'm going to act like "business as usual" and see if she comes back. It's still a little hard to tell because if she is acting, she's doing a very convincing job. Showing a wide range of intelligence, and emotions, empathy, etc. She has an accent, but tells me she was born in Canada. There's not much I can describe at this point. I'm going to see how this plays out without money involved.

Most scammers I've come across are so bad at being convincing. It looks like they have evolved.

This other woman I talked to constantly calls me "baby" and immediately started pasting what looked like a script on how to do NFT trading with the $150 she was going to GIVE ME. Obviously I didn't pursue that one.

I'm going to keep my eyes open. Obviously I have zero intensions of trying this NFT service until after I meet her (if that even happens). I'm already that careful.
Sounds, looks, and smells like a very TYPICAL scam. 100% sure!
Look up those who have already been scammed right here in the FPA and you will see very similar pattern.

Update:

I think I upset her. She hasn't talked to me in 2 days. The last conversation we had was about how I don't put enough effort into trying to get to know her amongst other things, Something about wanting me to at least text her when I go to bed so she can read my good morning text in the morning. She kind of went on a rant about how she should remain single because she never can find what she wants, etc. etc. There's a lot more, but I can't type it all out. Some of which didn't make any sense and it didn't apply to me. I couldn't follow her emotions for a bit.

I've been keeping my distance while trying to learn more about her. I also had a broken phone for a few days, so that didn't help. Otherwise, nothing else has really changed. Conversations are pretty normal. For the most part, she's been offering me some self-help books and advice on whatever I'm seeking in life.

I'm trying to gather as much info as I can, but at this point there isn't any. Conversations are regular.

Last edited:
Update:

I think I upset her. She hasn't talked to me in 2 days. The last conversation we had was about how I don't put enough effort into trying to get to know her amongst other things, Something about wanting me to at least text her when I go to bed so she can read my good morning text in the morning. She kind of went on a rant about how she should remain single because she never can find what she wants, etc. etc. There's a lot more, but I can't type it all out. Some of which didn't make any sense and it didn't apply to me. I couldn't follow her emotions for a bit.

I've been keeping my distance while trying to learn more about her. I also had a broken phone for a few days, so that didn't help. Otherwise, nothing else has really changed. Conversations are pretty normal. For the most part, she's been offering me some self-help books and advice on whatever I'm seeking in life.

I'm trying to gather as much info as I can, but at this point there isn't any. Conversations are regular.
Did you ask to meet in person when she is back from her "trip"?? Seems you are still in the trust building phase.

1710524422120.png

Did you ask to meet in person when she is back from her "trip"?? Seems you are still in the trust building phase.

View attachment 90843

Yes, I made it perfectly clear. She said we can meet when she gets back from her trip and go from there (dating wise) instead of attempting to be in a committed relationship beforehand (which I still think is weird). I think there was a little bit of a miscommunication. The other day when she got upset (mostly work related and not me) she indicated to me I wanted to meet in person before I became serious with someone I'm interested in out of "principle". I quickly corrected her and said "It's not out of principle, it's because I've met people whom I thought I liked and had a different feeling after meeting someone in person. It's perfectly normal to do it that way."

She also got upset that she didn't feel like I was "chasing her", showing enough effort with communication etc. She did apologize and said she's been stressed at work lately and she took it out on me a bit.

I did call her out for having a VoIP number. Her explanation was so non-believable. I called her phone number from a regular cell phone. It doesn't go through, and says there's no voicemail. Her explanation was "This was my mum's number, I don't know what carrier she had. I'll get it fixed." For someone that claims to make $150k a year and doesn't have their own cell phone service, this screams scam to me. However, the VoIP carrier did come up as a Canadian company. Which she said she's originally from (and is currently there).

It's all very strange to me. Obviously, I'm keeping my guard up. I'm not gullible. At the end of the day, I'm going to see if she ever comes back from her "trip" and meets me in person. That's all I can do at this point.

Yes, I made it perfectly clear. She said we can meet when she gets back from her trip and go from there (dating wise) instead of attempting to be in a committed relationship beforehand (which I still think is weird). I think there was a little bit of a miscommunication. The other day when she got upset (mostly work related and not me) she indicated to me I wanted to meet in person before I became serious with someone I'm interested in out of "principle". I quickly corrected her and said "It's not out of principle, it's because I've met people whom I thought I liked and had a different feeling after meeting someone in person. It's perfectly normal to do it that way."

She also got upset that she didn't feel like I was "chasing her", showing enough effort with communication etc. She did apologize and said she's been stressed at work lately and she took it out on me a bit.

I did call her out for having a VoIP number. Her explanation was so non-believable. I called her phone number from a regular cell phone. It doesn't go through, and says there's no voicemail. Her explanation was "This was my mum's number, I don't know what carrier she had. I'll get it fixed." For someone that claims to make $150k a year and doesn't have their own cell phone service, this screams scam to me. However, the VoIP carrier did come up as a Canadian company. Which she said she's originally from (and is currently there).

It's all very strange to me. Obviously, I'm keeping my guard up. I'm not gullible. At the end of the day, I'm going to see if she ever comes back from her "trip" and meets me in person. That's all I can do at this point.
You don't need to post the answer here but you should verify she is at the company she says she is, that it exists, etc. She most likely has a Linked In Profile, you can look up the business details of the company, etc. Anyone can get a VOIP number and it takes five minutes to do so however there are hoards of scammers living near Toronto and many scam companies claim FINTRAC registration in Canada although FINTRAC has Nothing to do with investments in Canada.

Consider getting your own VOIP number, Google Voice, and tie it to your phone. You could switch to it as a pre-caution for any potential scammers you meet in the future.

You don't need to post the answer here but you should verify she is at the company she says she is, that it exists, etc. She most likely has a Linked In Profile, you can look up the business details of the company, etc. Anyone can get a VOIP number and it takes five minutes to do so however there are hoards of scammers living near Toronto and many scam companies claim FINTRAC registration in Canada although FINTRAC has Nothing to do with investments in Canada.

Consider getting your own VOIP number, Google Voice, and tie it to your phone. You could switch to it as a pre-caution for any potential scammers you meet in the future.
It's going to be hard to get that info. I can try if she starts talking to me again. I'm actually surprised she hasn't deleted/blocked me at this point. We've never exchanged Instagram, Linked In profiles (I never asked for it when we initially started talking). Since I've asked her so many questions recently, asking her this now would raise suspicion. If I remember correctly, I asked her if she had an Instagram during a kind of heated discussion (I was basically interrogating her) and her reply was "I know where this is going and why you're asking me this". She never did say yes or no to the question. I'm going to wait until things cool off and see if she "comes back around".

I do have a VoIP number myself. I typically only give out that number out on dating websites until I feel like they are genuine or at least verified who they say they are (IE: video call, etc.). However, sometimes I slip up and give out my real number :p. I've seen so many scams over the years, mostly blackmail scams or someone attempting to get you to send money via CashApp for something. 99% of the time most women won't give out their number almost immediately. If they do, it turns out to be a scam in my experience. Typically (not always) they wait a few weeks to get more comfortable with you first.

Last edited:
Update:

You are 100% ready for "slaughtering" as you have taken "her" (can also be a "he" too) hook, line, and sinker.
Okay, write about your experience here at the FPA after you have been "slaughtered".

You are 100% ready for "slaughtering" as you have taken "her" (can also be a "he" too) hook, line, and sinker.
Okay, write about your experience here at the FPA after you have been "slaughtered".

Quite the contrary. As I said before, I have no intensions of following through with some type of financial adventure with someone I just met (or anyone for that matter. I'm already 100% suspicious of her and don't trust what she's proposing. I'm more or less curious if she will actually meet me in person like she has offered. She's not talking to me anymore, so I guess the scam didn't work ;).

If I wasn't clear, I'm giving updates to the forum so others can relay their experiences (which they have) and for me to offer some more info on this individual (if I can get more). I've already written her off in my mind as a scammer because she is. Her phone number is VoIP.

Last edited:
@The Punisher

@RahmanSL

I've tried to dig more info up on this person. Unfortunately, I'm only coming up empty-handed. I tried reverse searching all the photos this person has sent me. I've already looked up their phone number. I can't track it back to anything worthwhile. It's too bad I couldn't catch her IP with the Grabify link before she stopped talking to me. She wouldn't click it.

The most I can do at this point is report the phone number to the app I met her on to at least get her profile banned. That company has been very responsive when reporting and taking action against scammers. It's just unfortunate, because they know what they're doing (in terms of hiding their identity and covering their tracks) and it's hard to stop it.

I'm going to laugh if she decides to contact me again after ghosting me for supposedly not caring about her. :D

At this point, it's safe to say case closed.

I appreciate the info from everyone here. :)

Last edited:
Back