how could trades being stopped out without stop-loss stops?

shappons

Private, 1st Class
hello friends,
I did hedging trades on GBP/JPY & got 3 trades stopped out except one.

That happened today with a deep down spike
There are no stop-loss stops with my trades.

I dont understand how the 3 trades stopped out..

Please enlighten me.

Thanks & regads,

i attached 2 pictures, one broker showing lowest price 110.58 (the one i traded with) & another showing lowest 123.24

Attachments

• tier1.PNG
    tier1.PNG
    40.8 KB · Views: 4
  • WWM.PNG
    WWM.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 2
Why are you trading without a hard SL?

It looks like there was a huge move. If that;s not some sort of price feed error, it's most likely a major news event which had a surprise. Go here:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex_news_calendar/

Set the time zone to match your broker's time and see if there was a major news release. If there was, from the calendar, you can open a chart, select the currency pair and the timeframe to see if the price action is a reasonable match to what your broker shows.

As for the trades being closed, I'd need to see a full statement. The most likley reason is that price moved so far against you that your available margin ran too low. That would trigger an automatic margin call.

Why are you trading without a hard SL?

It looks like there was a huge move. If that;s not some sort of price feed error, it's most likely a major news event which had a surprise. Go here:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex_news_calendar/

Set the time zone to match your broker's time and see if there was a major news release. If there was, from the calendar, you can open a chart, select the currency pair and the timeframe to see if the price action is a reasonable match to what your broker shows.

As for the trades being closed, I'd need to see a full statement. The most likley reason is that price moved so far against you that your available margin ran too low. That would trigger an automatic margin call.

hi pharaoh,
the time of the spike happened 7/oct broker's time 02:00. (server GMT offset time +3)
there was no major event at all on the calendar during that time.

I am doing hedging well within healthy margin basically trading sizes that were even on short/long trades.
So i presume there would not be margin issues with prices going both ways.

Ask the broker to check and see if they got a bad tick. If they did, they should reinstate your trades.

i have emailed my concern to the broker Tier1fx & a live-chat.
I will update you of the outcome.

thanks Pharaoh

I have the same spike on XM and FXTM accounts.

I was long on gbpjpy but closed the position during last day and made about 50 pips. I closed because of the upcoming nfp. as of this morning all of my positions are closed.

I don't think its wise to trade around NFP because any thing could happen, and it did like with the gbpjpy pair.

Attachments

• gbpjpyd1.JPG
    gbpjpyd1.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 2
  • gbpjpyh1.JPG
    gbpjpyh1.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 2
I have the same spike on XM and FXTM accounts.

I was long on gbpjpy but closed the position during last day and made about 50 pips. I closed because of the upcoming nfp. as of this morning all of my positions are closed.

I don't think its wise to trade around NFP because any thing could happen, and it did like with the gbpjpy pair.
the spike happened many hours after nfp..
now i m hoping my position will be reinstated by the broker.....

There was a huge GBP spike (downwards), it has nothing to do with your broker. Too bad for most of us lol.

the spike happened many hours after nfp..
now i m hoping my position will be reinstated by the broker.....

the nfp report is out in a couple of hours and it has a wide affect. the spike was real you can see it on tradingview and also check out other pound pairs like the gbpusd and the gbpaud

Back