How do you handle your losses?

How much to loss on one trade is in a trader's own hands. If you will risk less per trade, then you can eliminate many disturbing factors from your trading.

It is still depends on what fund you are trading with. Some text book says 3-5% risk per trade. In fact when you reached a status as money manager, a 5% risk of capital are already consider unhealthy.

I always use the small lot size but if get the loss then I increase my lot size and handle my loss efficiently, I always perform my trading with proper planning and if my plan A failed then I used my plan B and I am handling my loss with this method.

Yes I am also using small lot size, but sometime still tempted using bigger lot size if likely market is clear and giving easy opportunity to making profit, if one loss occur then will waiting next day opportunity

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule and occasionally taking a bigger risk - by opening a position with a larger lot - when one can see a signal that is very unambigious, can be done. I have done it from time to time. However, those opportunities are few and far between and when trading in between them I, personally, would recommend to be much more prudent. I prefer to trade often with a small lot size rather than rely on these opportunities alone.

I only risk a calculated amount per trade. Its easy this way and you can avoid all the disappointment if you get a bad outcome of your trade.

I cut losses when they reach 30 pips its max I can afford to lose. And what is your SL size?

I cut losses when they reach 30 pips its max I can afford to lose. And what is your SL size?

I don't have a set stop loss size. I usually place it depending on where the nearest support and resistance levels are - 5 to 10 pips above a resistance and 5 to 10 pips below a support. This approach has served me relatively well so far.

My best method is to handle my losses is that I always use the small lot size and ever rely on small profit, I does not like to take more and more risk and trading with this method I can handle my losses efficiently and I am enjoying forex.

I very rarely lose--I'd say about 1 out of every 50 trades--and then it is only less than 1/2 percent of my overall investment. These are just estimates, but I really can count on half a hand how many times I lost in a trade in the last 6 months.
It is not a strange thing , more than 50% traders loose their money in forex trading. Those who are making consistent profits are very less. I also got profit but loss is also with me . My friends loose much than mine because each of us is different in his trading.

Back