How do you handle your losses?

Forex trading has the higher probability of loss than profit. If someone has a bad patch of his Forex career then hu need to stop trading for a while. Go back to the demo trading and try to fix the technique or build a new one. Then after gaining some confidence, enter the market again.

Professionals recommend treating trading like a game, you won today, buy you can lose tomorrow. With this approach you start treating losses more philosophically.

Professionals recommend treating trading like a game, you won today, buy you can lose tomorrow. With this approach you start treating losses more philosophically.
Which professionals, if you don't mind me asking? Can you quote anyone specific?

Handling losses is probably the main thing that sets apart winners from losers.
You have to separate emotion and be confident and careful about the long term.

Handling losses is probably the main thing that sets apart winners from losers.
You have to separate emotion and be confident and careful about the long term.
In loss you feel very differently from normal trading situation .This time there is a need for more management of your your emotions. Tackle with loss with tricks and real skills , just aggression will not recover loss you have to plan perfectly that not go to more loss.

Dealing with loss is painful task. You have to learn it gradually. It is easy to deal with losses when you know your winning ratio. It may not be possible that every time you will win. So you have to know how many times you can win. The problem is we want all our entry profitable. Trading is a survival game. Here survival comes first. Most of time our Ego doesn't allow us to keep calm. It wants revenge. And the result is more losses.

I am looking to go out and distract myself for a while doing something different, go to train helps me

In loss you feel very differently from normal trading situation .This time there is a need for more management of your your emotions. Tackle with loss with tricks and real skills , just aggression will not recover loss you have to plan perfectly that not go to more loss.

Which is why a demo account will never truly show you what results you would get.

You have to realize trading is a game of probabilities. It's not a game of absolute probability (eg. winning 100% of the time). So as long as you have an edge on the market, keep rinsing and repeating your strategy and let the edge work itself out.

Back