How much profits do you expect to get back from a USD20,000 trading account?

I guess the main thing which traders have to know is that they should never wait money back when they invest them. It's a law. The more you are waiting for something - the less chances that it will happen. Imho, I believe that you have to pay more attention to the methods which you use when you trade, you know, to the way of trading, but not to the result. The more you will wait for the result, the less you will receive. I think that traders nowadays have to operate their wishes and intentions, but not the amount of money.

Basically, traders are making money here according to their own skill! With an ordinary trading skill monthly return is not possible here! On the other hand, I see most of the knowledgeable traders have a realistic monthly target like 1 or 2%!!

Basically, traders are making money here according to their own skill! With an ordinary trading skill monthly return is not possible here! On the other hand, I see most of the knowledgeable traders have a realistic monthly target like 1 or 2%!!
The hard part in making money from forex trading is how to get consistent profit, the risk remains there in every trade, and here traders only try the best way to enter and exit the market.

Interesting, so what’s the big deposit according to your opinion?
everything is relative. the larger the deposit, the less the risk should be. in my opinion, a large deposit for private traders can be considered amounts over 1 million.

This thread was started on 28 Jul 2013 and today, 24 Dec 2022, I am pleasantly surprised & glad to see that it's still being discussed.
When I get some free time, I will post what can be achieved if we are well prepared for each trading week and trade with patience and not in haste & GREED. And we really do not need US$20k to make some money to cover our monthly expenses which, in my case, is around US$1,900.

For this capital I would set 1:50 leverage and set 3-4% monthly return. It is relatively conservative risk profile but unless you are professional trader or have excellent trading system with high win rate you may need to pay most of attention of how you manage risk

For this capital I would set 1:50 leverage and set 3-4% monthly return. It is relatively conservative risk profile but unless you are professional trader or have excellent trading system with high win rate you may need to pay most of attention of how you manage risk

it is clear how you can calculate the risk, but how can you calculate the return in advance in such a narrow range?

Back