Ponzi Scheme Managed Account Question - Courtenay House Trading Group

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
Mate, I know you're not David, I just posted it for a laugh. It's good to laugh at your expense. You've proven that your about as significant as a puff of wind in a mohair cardigan. A fool and a watcher of peoples misery. Clearly, you're so intensely arrogant and self absorbed that you must sit around your computer and champion hatred and misery through your keyboard. And you know what? If I wanted to find you I could, the truth is pal, someone is always watching. Next time someone walks through your practice door, it could be me. It could be someone I know, and it could be the end of you.
Now who's living in a film? "It could be me. It could be someone I know, and it could be the end of you" bit melodramatic isn't it? I thought your letter to GT was a bit naïve, 'why didn't you keep Anshul and Tony on to help find the money?' Aren't they the ones who took it and pissed it up the wall at star and crown? Why would the investigating entities even entertain them being near the car crash they have created? they're just trying to get to the bottom of it and mop up the **** that Tony has left in his wake. They didn't even keep accounts for the 6 years they were in business let alone actually trade your money why would they be best placed to help?

Anyway. I wish you only the best mate, I truly do hope you get your money back or at very least a good chunk of it.

Anyway this is my last post here you'll be sad to hear. Good luck to everyone. I hope you come out of this if not richer then a lot wiser

Good job mate, well done. Again you've shown your worth, it's a good thing we know more than you do, and it was our gain and your loss. I know everyone watching you post thinks that you're the bottom of the barrel when it comes to humanity. We all sleep at night knowing that whether we lost money or not. We aren't you. We all cheer ourselves on everyday knowing we aren't sewer rats like "toldyaso" or more like "CHILDISH INSULT REMOVED" and "CHILDISH INSULT REMOVED"
Wherever you are in the world (mind you we all know already) I hope that you have a long prosperous life as a jellyfish

Um, so I guess you two know each other?
Looks like there are some contributors that know a lot more than others. It's just difficult for us on the sidelines to work out which parts are true and which are opinion.
I have to admit, it makes for interesting reading though.

Hi everyone,
I didn't want to post until we were sure but the member on here "toldyaso" is actually David Sipina, we have traced the IP address he is using one of David's known properties. Again, I urge you to consider carefully what you post. I have reported this to ASIC. I just hope this doesn't mean we are in fact caught in a Ponzi scheme.

Mate, I know you're not David, I just posted it for a laugh. It's good to laugh at your expense. You've proven that your about as significant as a puff of wind in a mohair cardigan. A fool and a watcher of peoples misery. Clearly, you're so intensely arrogant and self absorbed that you must sit around your computer and champion hatred and misery through your keyboard. And you know what? If I wanted to find you I could, the truth is pal, someone is always watching. Next time someone walks through your practice door, it could be me. It could be someone I know, and it could be the end of you.

Nice to see how much esteem John1968 aka Goliath aka concerned holds for telling the truth. Looks to me like this admitted liar is nothing but a troll doing everything he can to distract people from actively pursuing recovery of as much of their funds as possible through the proper legal and regulatory channels. And to think this loser is trying to run an external group claiming to "help" people. I wonder if he's trying to collect up front fees and/or directing people into some new "safe" investment.

The clawback clause you guys mention above - may be a legal avenue to request through consultation with ASIC and the appointed liquidator. I have a few friends who were introduced by a guy called Anthony Kassis a realestate agent from the eastern suburbs, apparently a wealth property developer who was involved at the inception of CHTG. He introduced a number of my friends to CHTG whom made large sums of money investments with CHTG - and they said he would tell them he would make over $25K to $40K a month in commissions, despite only investing a fraction of what they invested.

If the payout % of liquidated funds is very small, investors can try claim funds from these people that have been profiting most at inception of CHTG.
joe blo are your friends still involved if you dont me asking

What should people do now??

No point making threats or hurting Tony he is definitely destined for jail and theres no point in investors ending up there with him.
Someone should approach the media and get as much media attention as possible so the Government throws the book at Tony and creates new laws that safeguard future Ponzi scheme's victims.
eg 100% clawback regardless of time instead of the current 6 mths which this liquidator may or may not enforce.
Its not fair that early victims profit and end up in front at the expense of previous victims, these early investors are in respect no better than Tony if they keep their ill gotten gains.
I suggest someone writes to a current affair and news outlets to start the media ball rolling.

Might be worth letting the big boys sort things out before getting that circus involved. We're trying to resolve an issue here not create a new one.
Also all investors here are victims. Trying to divide those involved by comparing who is more hard done by isn't going to solve anything.

next step
Might be worth letting the big boys sort things out before getting that circus involved. We're trying to resolve an issue here not create a new one.
Also all investors here are victims. Trying to divide those involved by comparing who is more hard done by isn't going to solve anything.

How is someone a victim that invested $500k 4 years ago and pulled out over $1 million ?? I'm happy to be a victim like that ....there is a differential in victims it's the nature of Ponzi schemes

How is someone a victim that invested $500k 4 years ago and pulled out over $1 million ?? I'm happy to be a victim like that ....there is a differential in victims it's the nature of Ponzi schemes

Some claims of having been in for years may be fake marketing ploys. Others could be true. A well run Ponzi scheme can last for years (a few lasted over a decade).

Those who came out ahead may be subject to clawbacks covering various lengths of time, depending on local law. Any "investors" who actively recruited others may be subject to criminal and civil liability (again, based on local laws).

Those who get to keep their "profits" will have to live with the fact that every cent they got above their initial deposit was stolen from later depositors. If they can sleep at night knowing they literally "made out like bandits", then they are vermin who deserve to be run over by a truckload of bad karma.

Some claims of having been in for years may be fake marketing ploys. Others could be true. A well run Ponzi scheme can last for years (a few lasted over a decade).

Those who came out ahead may be subject to clawbacks covering various lengths of time, depending on local law. Any "investors" who actively recruited others may be subject to criminal and civil liability (again, based on local laws).

Those who get to keep their "profits" will have to live with the fact that every cent they got above their initial deposit was stolen from later depositors. If they can sleep at night knowing they literally "made out like bandits", then they are vermin who deserve to be run over by a truckload of bad karma.
With most Ponzi Schemes the biggest hole in funds is preferential payments of interest. I find it hard to believe Tony spent more than 20% of 190m on toys and lifestyle, some of which might be able to be recovered eg remaining assets.

The biggest gainers are people who received preferential payments, if the liquidator had power to go back to day one and claw back every cent then all victims would probably revive 80cents in the dollar. The laws in Australia only allow 6 months clawback which doesn't help victims at all.

Laws need to be changed

Back