Metatrade Platforms MT4 and MT5 Problems

Criptococo

Recruit
Hi,
I´m new here and would like to know your opinion about some obvious defects that affect these trading platforms.

1 - The calculated profit for the individual operations is incorrectly reported at the terminal window.
It does not include the commissions, taxes and swaps. Obviously, it´s very easy to make mistakes when closing a large number of orders. In order to see the REAL profit we need to scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Unpractical, but probably very ease to resolve. Why didn´t Metaquotes correct this issue? They don´t care, I suppose.

2 - In the case of a loss, the value should be clearly marked in order to alert the trader to the situation (for example, numbers coloured in red).

3 - Anytime we need to open a new account, we receive again and again the same windows "informing" us about the one-click negotiating. Once again, while the windows opens and is manually closed by the user the time elapses and with it a good oportunity for one deal vanishes.

4 - Everytime the platforms are reiniciated it´s necessary to define again the proper order of the values relative to the financial orders (ie, to order them by profit descending order). A waste of time that could be solved.

5 - When closing a large number of orders (magnitude of dozens) after enabling the one-click negotiation,, soon or later the manual window (the one we get when manually entering an order) will appear in the screen without warning, ruining the timing of a good oportunity. It happens in a consistent manner, probably simulating a random occurance.

6 - When trying a demo account with MT4, when the equity was high (somewhere near 1400 - 1500 dollars from an initial value of 1000) the program started to refuse to close the orders via the 1-click negotiation, and I had to close all the remaing orders by hand, getting huge losses. I restarted the platform and then the computer but the probIem remained. I decided to open a new demo account at the same broker and amazingly the new one was workink correctly - but when I switched back to the crippled one it still continued to refuse me the one-click option. In my opinion, this clearly indicates a deliberate malfunction of the software against a specific account that at the time was very profitable. The same software (MT4) was applied with the same settings, ea´s and indicators to 2 different accounts (same broker) and reacted diferently. Very strange.

I´m aware of the virtual dealer plugin that was offered by Metaquotes to some of their clients, but certainly it does not implies that all the brokers use it. I would like to know what you think about this subject.

Regards,

Not a reply, just an addendum.

I´m from Portugal and actually I´m living in Brazil.

I have just started with Forex a few months ago and realized that it is a a road surrounded by land mines everywhere. There have been some advances in regulation, some banks and brokers were fined, but in my opinion the exam and certification of the trade platforms should be carried out by the regulatory agencies with the utmost urgence.

It´s a key step to assure the traders a (little) less unfair competition against the waves of scam predators lurking all over the water.

Best regards to all of you

Some of this sounds like how MT is designed and some may be issues with your broker.

I recommend first contacting your broker's support. For anything they can't do, you can try filing a Request For Improvements with MQ.

And, one other thing you could try would be to hire a coder to write some customizations for you. There are some listed in the FPA's reviews.

Some of this sounds like how MT is designed and some may be issues with your broker.

I recommend first contacting your broker's support. For anything they can't do, you can try filing a Request For Improvements with MQ.

And, one other thing you could try would be to hire a coder to write some customizations for you. There are some listed in the FPA's reviews.

Thanks for your reply, Pharao.
I´m not an expert in MQL, but I can handle it "in small portions". It doesn´t pay off for me to invest a lot and time (and money) in acquiring a solid MQL background, I agree that it should certainly be a better option to hire a good programmer should the need arise.

Not sure if this is the right group, but am I the only one who cannot see a difference with MT5? Dont get me wrong, the flame chart indicator is super cool, but whats the difference?

Back