• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Must-have charting software

New Charting App

ok forget everything i ever said about charting!! a-hum... well, not exactly, but some... :rolleyes: because i just stumbled across another charting app i had never heard of before and it looks awesome! haven't tried it yet, but from the screenshots and the site it looks like it is 100% customizable to your way of interacting with the screen, which is how i like it.

also, you can run it on Mac OSX or Linux and not be stuck with that inferior OS that Windows is. also you can buy a cheaper version, and add on modules later as you go, thereby enhancing the app's functionality. the app will scan any market for typical patterns you specify so you don't have to spend hours visually inspecting all the charts for all the symbols you want to trade. backtesting, price replay, full fibonacci, gann, and elliott tool sets (depending on the edition and also available as add-on modules), DOM, level 2, trading and order management from chart, all the major data providers can be hooked up. so far, i don't see any downside. ;)

here is the link, and if anyone has had experience using it, please let us know:

MotiveWave: Stocks, Futures, Options and Forex Trading/Analysis Platform

MotiveWave Product Tour

Data Services | MotiveWave Software

Thank's for your advice, i thought that mt4 was the best platform in the net but u changed my mind. I really appreciate your post.

yes!! all this effort and out of more than 50,000 users, at least 1 person who listened! hoorayy!
no wonder the crooks keep on winning.

EDIT: sorry, 3 people.

yes!! all this effort and out of more than 50,000 users, at least 1 person who listened! hoorayy!
no wonder the crooks keep on winning.

EDIT: sorry, 3 people.

Shango, How you can connect LMAX with motiwave. I am also currently using LMAX . And looking to use seirra. But LMAX said minimum lot size to be traded is 125lots. Could you advise me based on your experience. I am not a indicator guy. But i want clean charting software with good trade management features.

Thanks

well then motivewave is best. but they are not hooked up to LMAX yet. i *****ed about it to their sales team, connected them to the LMAX tech team, and was told they are working on it. that was 2 months ago...? i think... no news so far. so still stuck with Sierra and tradingview.com.

alternatively, you can get a feed from DTN/IQFeed, which works with MotiveWave. MW only gives out 2 weeks of free trial. so you can get your free trial first from MW. and if you need more time, they will extend it by another 2 weeks. and if you need even more time, then go through DTN and since they work with MW they will give you another free trial, but through DTN.

Shango, How you can connect LMAX with motiwave. I am also currently using LMAX . And looking to use seirra. But LMAX said minimum lot size to be traded is 125lots. Could you advise me based on your experience. I am not a indicator guy. But i want clean charting software with good trade management features.

Thanks

seriously!!?? i use the word 'b.i.t.c.h.e.d' and it gets censored by the forum app?? come FPA! that's an everyday term... nothing to warrant stupid censorship. ridiculous.

for those who don't know me, i am a nutcase when it comes to GUI and UX (user experience). perhaps it is because in another lifetime i started out as a front-ent software developer designing GUIs. the interface is an obsession of mine. for ex., look at what apple has accomplished by acknowledging how pathetic current interfaces were for desktop computers, MP3 players, and later cellphones. and what did apple do? they said: screw this sh**, we can do much better. and they did.

when it comes to charting software, the situation is kind of the same. lots of garbage out there from a UI/UX design standpoint. and since it's a pet peeve of mine, i am continuously dissatisfied, frustrated, angered even by the abysmal and shoddy design of charting interfaces. so i look and look, continuously trying to find some app that finally will not induce a splitting headache but rather feel intuitive to use, responsive, fast, reliable, and customizable.

take this for what you will, but here is my biased opinion:

tradingview.com is the best designed and has the best UX of anything i have ever used. it's a dream come true. (except for the feed that rarely can be unavailable, but RARELY).

and Sierra Charts. you owe it to yourself to try Sierra Charts out. i kid you not. and don't let the plethora of menu options overwhelm you. once you have a good idea of what functionality you need most often, and where it is--you can put it all in your own customized toolbar for ex--then it's a breeze to move, resize charts around, display/hide indicators without having to go through the remove/attach/configure cycle (not to mention all the menu clicking that entails), trade direct from the chart, or the DOM that you can overlay on the chart itself, see RT volume info from the DOM on the chart as well, historical data, free FX and CFD feed, and the best part when switching time frame, the screen repaints sooo fast... it's just great. the best.

ok, 'nuff said.
Hi are you still trading with LMAX and are you happy wirth the service you are getting? Thanks bro!

Back