• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss NordhillCapital.com (Maksim Sepp)

General discussions of a financial company
@Marcelo
Go to your myfxbook-account > settings
Delete your sfx-markets account settings there > add new account > reinstall your sfx settings.

I know it's silly, but it worked well for me, my myfxbook is updated now.
So far I had +3,3% in may. :)

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/aum108

Any other managed accounts (non-scam) you can recommend? ;)

Thanks for the tips, I was actually too lazy to do that, but now it's done :)
This is my myfxbook link for anyone who wants to follow my performance with NH as managed company and SFX as the chosen broker, I left everything that I could opened, since my aim here is transparency when it comes to select a managed company, I also need to be transparent when it comes to show the trades.

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/5k-sfx-nh-managed/1631316

@Marcelo

Any other managed accounts (non-scam) you can recommend? ;)

That's a very difficult question to answer, but I'm in contact with smilegm (that's the one Jarrat Davis recommends), the thing is, there is little information on their website, I have to ask everything, apparently is good, but I'm still gathering more information about it.

I see that our accounts don't match all trades, but as NH explained to me before, it will vary depending on the liquidity, the chosen system and on the amount of capital, so it makes sense, on my private accounts sometimes I'm not able to open all positions that I want at the same time, so it's perfectly fine. As far I understood, the accounts are not traded off the master account, so it won't always reflect the exactly figures and values.

When I was working as a money manager, I used to have a MAM (Multiple Account Manager), so I was trading my money and my clients money at the same time and every account had a different lot size based on the amount of capital, sometimes when I placed a trade, it should reflect on all accounts, but sometimes not all accounts were showing the respective trade, so I had to manually select the account and place the trade again.

So again, the clients accounts will always differ, they will never show the exactly same figures, the most important for me is to keep the track record in play and maintain the historical performance based on the risk and system that every client chose.

Hello,

Firstly, I want to give an update on what's going on with my Nordhill/Hantec/Mix Plan account in case anybody should be wondering. It simply hasn't been trading properly yet. The account has been set up in CHF and that poses some unforeseen technical problems that are still in the progress of being solved, hopefully soon.

Secondly, re Aum108 question for other non-scam managed accounts, it might be worth looking at Foyle Capital Management. They are promoting their new systematic ALGO account (lower minimum till end of June, i.e. USD 5000). I don't have that yet (opening it now) but have had an discretionary account with them since 2014, and I'd say they are definitely not a scam. (Also only excellent reviews on FPA.) If somebody wants to open a new thread...

Cheers,
Spinal Tap

Hello,

Firstly, I want to give an update on what's going on with my Nordhill/Hantec/Mix Plan account in case anybody should be wondering. It simply hasn't been trading properly yet. The account has been set up in CHF and that poses some unforeseen technical problems that are still in the progress of being solved, hopefully soon.

Secondly, re Aum108 question for other non-scam managed accounts, it might be worth looking at Foyle Capital Management. They are promoting their new systematic ALGO account (lower minimum till end of June, i.e. USD 5000). I don't have that yet (opening it now) but have had an discretionary account with them since 2014, and I'd say they are definitely not a scam. (Also only excellent reviews on FPA.) If somebody wants to open a new thread...

Cheers,
Spinal Tap

Thanks for the thumbs up Spinal, I'll also have a look at Foyle Capital Management, I never heard about before. I appreciate your help on trying to find good companies for investment, we know it's very little comparing to the amount of scams out there.

Regards my NH managed account, it's been slowly since mid March, but on my account the average profit is about 7% monthly, because it has started in January, but whoever started from Mid-March onward, the system has generated few or no profits thus far, I understand it's a system and I rather see small profits than just a straight line profits, which most of the time has proved not to work and being sustainable in the long run.

My account looks perfectly fine, but mine is set in USD, what's the relationship with your account being set in CHF with the technical problems? Does it need a larger margin in CHF and the system is having a problem to acknowledge that? That's the only reason I can see so far.

Hopefully your account should be trading properly, do you have a myfxbook link for your account?

Take care!!

Cheers,
Spinal Tap[/QUOTE]

Since there is no thread about this company, apart from the positive reviews, I decided to create one to start investigating, please feel free to share you experience with them on the new thread called " Foyle Capital Management"

That's a very difficult question to answer, but I'm in contact with smilegm (that's the one Jarrat Davis recommends), the thing is, there is little information on their website, I have to ask everything, apparently is good, but I'm still gathering more information about it.

I noticed too that they don't provide much information on the webpage, but I didn't get any response from them last month.
It seemed to me that they didn't want anymore new customers, so I didn't research any further.
But thank you for investigating into it, you can PM if you get more information. Thank you.

Hello,

Hello Spinal Tap

I hope you didn't lose money because of all those problems.

Did you see my post No. 119 ?

Cheers,
Spinal Tap

Indeed, at first glance Foyle Capital looks very promising.
I wil certainly look into it. Thank you very much. :)

I didn't see it on FPA at first.
No wonder.... with all those scammers,
it's not easy to find any profitable Managed Accounts here. :(

I don't know their recommended SuperTradingOnline broker.
Did you have any problems withdrawing your money ?

Hello Aum108

Thanks for reminding me of your post 119 re linking accounts to MyFxBook. I haven't acted on it yet. One of the reasons being that it has been unclear which account would actually be traded by NH. (First it was supposed to be the CHF account, then they opened an USD account to be virtually credited by the CHF account as collateral, so they could connect it to the MAM in USD, now they recognised that the MAM doesn't recognise an account balance that is only a virtual credit, so back to square one and they will try to trade the CHF account directly. I don't know if it is a problem between Hantec and NH. At least Hantec communicates very thoroughly about it, whereas NH practically doesn't, which is a bit annoying and not very professional. It has been almost six weeks now that the account has been funded... I don't think I have actually lost any money by back and forth, the account just hasn't been trading properly or at all.)

Re STO and Foyle I will later write on the new Foyle thread. But basically I am still in the process of opening a STO account, my other Foyle account is with Pepperstone.

Hello everybody, I am new here on FPA. I am working 10th year as a personal financial consultant, so far working mainly with invest funds and last 3 years also with managed forex accounts.

Last month I am investigating variable managed forex accounts, because I would like to find some reliable and transparent company to implement them to my portfolios.

Nordhill Capital is one company in my focus. I realized that they are not updating MFB accounts, so I wrote an email to them and this is answer, from 16. May 2016:

Dear Daniel,Thanks for your message.

We'll update the performance at the end of the month - right after the iFX Expo at Cyprus. We've already prepared all brochures and marketing material with current performance, therefore we can't update it now. Please, understand that it's a marketing stuff - we don't have a goal to mislead you.Let me know if you have any questions.

In my opinion 2% p.m. will be enough, if it comes from reliable and transparent company...

Back