• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss NordhillCapital.com (Maksim Sepp)

General discussions of a financial company
lol and right in time too for the -10% in 2 months....

Yeh, not ideal performance, from now on, your account should stabilize, I had - 6% in the past 2 months, so I expect now the systems to pick up some trades. according to the track record.

@Marcelo The reality is that it can get BETTER from now and it can also get WORSE which is the reason they have 3 different risk level (10%,20 and 40%), it indicates different stop-loss.
I have 2 different Aggressive account with them which is presently around 10% and 6% drawdown respectively.
The past 2-3months have not been cool, I hope they bounce back soon. Hopefully the worst don't happen

I inquired NH about the poorly performance recently and that's the answer I got it.

This is a small message form trading department
"The main problem is that current market has rather trendy nights. As our systems expect the price channel, they have losses on such market. We had the similar situation in the past (Jan 2016) but performance became better in few weeks. Current situation is a little bit more complicated as market activity is decreasing now due to incoming summer holidays season. We've made few updates of our systems during last few weeks and expect performance will be stable during next few months".

Tomaxzyn, I don't think the worst will happen, the market has it's ups and downs and not always a system will perform as expected, therefore it needs to be updated, and that's what NH is doing, past results is not indicative of future gains, but it gives us an estimated return, positive or negative.

Regarding the stop loss, the risk taken from NH is based on the risk level (low, standard, aggressive) and the lot size will be taken accordingly, so if one trade generates 1% profit on the low risk, it should generate about 3-4% on the aggressive. The lot size on the low risk would be 0.10 and on the aggressive 0.40 for instance, the stop loss could be the same on different risks levels, it's not just about the SL.

The present market conditions does not seem to suit their strategy, Average loss is much larger than Average profit..
Something quick need to be done to their system Orelse we would in much more larger drawdown in the next few weeks..down around 12% presently.

I just noticed that NordhillCapital added another system to their collection, called "Shark FX".

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/nordhillcapital/shark-fx/1655624

It made 18% in April/May 2016,
while my Hybrid FX made -4% in the same period, and today it's at a total loss of -11% since April.
The performance record on myfxbook shows that it has apparently been running since March 2014,
without ever having a negative monthly performance. (Max. DD is 7%)
That's 26 positive months in a row !! If this performance is real, then this is quite impressive.

I wonder why NordhillCapital never mentioned this system before.

@Marcelo. Did you know about Shark FX? I presume that it is (or will be) part of the "mix strategy"

Maybe it's just me, but I would prefer a more open & frequent communication from them.
After opening the account I never received any "status quo" information or newsletter from NordhillCapital,
nore did I get any "trading comfirmation" from SFX-Markets after a trade has been closed. Nada.

I just noticed that NordhillCapital added another system to their collection, called "Shark FX".

It made 18% in April/May 2016,
while my Hybrid FX made -4% in the same period, and today it's at a total loss of -11% since April.
The performance record on myfxbook shows that it has apparently been running since March 2014,
without ever having a negative monthly performance. (Max. DD is 7%)
That's 26 positive months in a row !! If this performance is real, then this is quite impressive.

I wonder why NordhillCapital never mentioned this system before.

@Marcelo. Did you know about Shark FX? I presume that it is (or will be) part of the "mix strategy"

Maybe it's just me, but I would prefer a more open & frequent communication from them.
After opening the account I never received any "status quo" information or newsletter from NordhillCapital,
nore did I get any "trading comfirmation" from SFX-Markets after a trade has been closed. Nada.

Hi Aum108, yes I found out last week about the Shark FX and this is the following answer I got from them: " Hi Marcelo, Nordhill Capital introduced new system Shark FX just several days ago. You are right, it was tested from 2014. If clients want they can start this product now."

It looks a great system, the minimum investment is $10K with Shark FX. Yes, it does make part of the mix strategies among with the other 3 strategies, but just now it was released.

As far I understood, Shark FX is having a better performance trading during market opening on Mondays, rather than the other 3 systems that trade only during the asian session and are not performing currently well, the changes on the 3 other systems are still not being able to recover the losses (from my peak performance until today, my account is down -17%, overall since, my account opened, it is still profitable at +20%, but for 3 months in a row, it's been negative.)

Let's see on the upcoming weeks, if it gets better, I know NH doesn't promise profits every month, like most of the other companies do and they turn out to be a scam in the future, which it's not the case.

Of course I get a little bit frustrated because I created this thread, I saw my account growing from 0% to almost 40% gross profit and I know many people who opened after me still didn't make any profits, but I'm confident that when the systems start to pick up some good trades, the profits will come and erase the losses and put your accounts in the green.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Back