• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss NordhillCapital.com (Maksim Sepp)

General discussions of a financial company
Shark looks interesting, considering opening a trade account with it to help (potentially) offset the current loss ratio for Hyper.

Hi Aum108, yes I found out last week about the Shark FX and this is the following answer I got from them: " Hi Marcelo, Nordhill Capital introduced new system Shark FX just several days ago. You are right, it was tested from 2014. If clients want they can start this product now."

It looks a great system, the minimum investment is $10K with Shark FX. Yes, it does make part of the mix strategies among with the other 3 strategies, but just now it was released.

As far I understood, Shark FX is having a better performance trading during market opening on Mondays, rather than the other 3 systems that trade only during the asian session and are not performing currently well, the changes on the 3 other systems are still not being able to recover the losses (from my peak performance until today, my account is down -17%, overall since, my account opened, it is still profitable at +20%, but for 3 months in a row, it's been negative.)

Let's see on the upcoming weeks, if it gets better, I know NH doesn't promise profits every month, like most of the other companies do and they turn out to be a scam in the future, which it's not the case.

Of course I get a little bit frustrated because I created this thread, I saw my account growing from 0% to almost 40% gross profit and I know many people who opened after me still didn't make any profits, but I'm confident that when the systems start to pick up some good trades, the profits will come and erase the losses and put your accounts in the green.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Seems VERY convenient that they magically came up with a new strategy that has been running "live" since 2014 with no losing months? Strange things are afoot at Nordhill. Here they've had a strategy banging out 5% per month with max 7% DD and ZERO losing months for more than 2 years, and it only now appears after all of their other strategies are having their worst DD's since they began trading at other brokers that they do not own. I guess it just wasn't performing well enough to be included in their portfolio previously :D
Very easy for an unregulated broker to manipulate trading history.
How many of you would simply sit on a strategy like "Shark" that apparently is outperforming every major Hedge Fund in the world for the past 27 months?
Remember, they only started with other brokers about 7 months ago. Look at Marcelo's account. 4 losing months out of the last 6 since while attempting to show that they can achieve the same performance as prior history at SFX while trading at "real" brokers.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but these are some facts that should be seriously considered prior to investing with these guys.
Again, it's VERY easy for an unregulated broker to manipulate the trading history on MT4.
Maybe it's just bad luck. Maybe they have several other even better strategies making 60% to 100% per year that they haven't yet revealed. I guess they are just saving them for when "Shark" fails to perform in the real world.

Seems VERY convenient that they magically came up with a new strategy that has been running "live" since 2014 with no losing months? Strange things are afoot at Nordhill. Here they've had a strategy banging out 5% per month with max 7% DD and ZERO losing months for more than 2 years, and it only now appears after all of their other strategies are having their worst DD's since they began trading at other brokers that they do not own. I guess it just wasn't performing well enough to be included in their portfolio previously :D
Very easy for an unregulated broker to manipulate trading history.
How many of you would simply sit on a strategy like "Shark" that apparently is outperforming every major Hedge Fund in the world for the past 27 months?
Remember, they only started with other brokers about 7 months ago. Look at Marcelo's account. 4 losing months out of the last 6 since while attempting to show that they can achieve the same performance as prior history at SFX while trading at "real" brokers.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but these are some facts that should be seriously considered prior to investing with these guys.
Again, it's VERY easy for an unregulated broker to manipulate the trading history on MT4.
Maybe it's just bad luck. Maybe they have several other even better strategies making 60% to 100% per year that they haven't yet revealed. I guess they are just saving them for when "Shark" fails to perform in the real world.

I agree with you, if the Shark system is performing so well since 2014, it should having been included way before.

My account is still in the profit because the 2nd and 3rd month of trading were very good, but the past 3 months it's been downhills.

The only thing I don't agree is that you mentioned the broker is note regulated??? Which broker do you mean? All brokers that NH works are regulated, so I din't understand what you mean by not regulated.

I agree with you, if the Shark system is performing so well since 2014, it should having been included way before.

My account is still in the profit because the 2nd and 3rd month of trading were very good, but the past 3 months it's been downhills.

The only thing I don't agree is that you mentioned the broker is note regulated??? Which broker do you mean? All brokers that NH works are regulated, so I din't understand what you mean by not regulated.

If you want to call FSASV "real" regulation, then I guess you could say they are regulated. It's common knowledge that SFX and Nordhill are one and the same for all intents and purposes. They're run by the same guys. If you trust FSASV regulation, then you wouldn't be trying to get to Hantec who is under what I consider "real" regulation by FSA UK. Any trade history from SFX isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Too easy for the guys the run the broker to edit and create their own trader history on MT4. Unless you have first hand knowledge of personally depositing money with SFX and making profits the past 2 to 3 years for the duration of their track record and and then withdrawing the profits, it's very, very hard to trust.

Unless you have first hand knowledge of personally depositing money with SFX and making profits the past 2 to 3 years for the duration of their track record and and then withdrawing the profits, it's very, very hard to trust.

Id like to see many people come out and verify.

I don't really understand why lots of people are so angry at Nordhill and would like to add my humble opinion.

The last 3 months have been frustrating, but a drawdown of 10-15% is very little, especially when compared to the ytd performance. Any investment in such a speculative system, even if it is a very good one, should by made for at least a year, minimum. Sometimes the timing of entering a system can just be bad luck. But that doesn't make the system necessairily bad. (Re a system with seemingly steady returns and no drawdowns, have a look at Anmaric myfxbook.com/members/Anmaric_LTD and where their systems are at after Brexit.)

That Shark is only being promoted after two years of actual trading can also be seen as a positive sign. At least there is a good life track record before offering it to the public. Should it have been offered two years ago just based on back testing? A manager doing this cannot be taken seriously in my eyes. Is two years too long? Maybe, but not necessairily, and not unusual.

Re the speculation if Nordhill manipulated the track record at SFX, I have no indication for that. I entered Hyper at SFX last autumn and had no problems withdrawing substantial gains this spring. (Yes, I was lucky for once, often it is the other way round.) And trades/trade execution in my new Hantec account are comparable to my SFX account. (Hantec opened later, so I am in the red there.)

Of course I am not recommending any of these systems, it should be everybody's decision if they can take the risk. I just don't regret my investment - yet?

Cheers,
Spinal Tap

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to call FSASV "real" regulation, then I guess you could say they are regulated. It's common knowledge that SFX and Nordhill are one and the same for all intents and purposes. They're run by the same guys. If you trust FSASV regulation, then you wouldn't be trying to get to Hantec who is under what I consider "real" regulation by FSA UK. Any trade history from SFX isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Too easy for the guys the run the broker to edit and create their own trader history on MT4. Unless you have first hand knowledge of personally depositing money with SFX and making profits the past 2 to 3 years for the duration of their track record and and then withdrawing the profits, it's very, very hard to trust.

That's why I decided to open $5K with SFX, because I know the regulation is not the strongest one, if you read my previous posts, I explained that already, I checked the company in all aspects, such as opening process, funding, level of transparency, professionalism, regulations and withdrawal timing. I also have a friend that just closed her account and got her money back in 3 working days, another very good point.

Then once my capital grows to $20K, I'll probably migrate to Hantec Markets, as I prefer to be under FCA regulation with a larger capital.

Maybe stonegain for fixed? Lol

My friend just changed from NH aggressive mode to Stonegain fix risk, but to me, I'd leave as previous planned, it's a market condition that the systems proved that they can be profitable on the long term, so I don't see the point to change, at least for me.

I don't really understand why lots of people are so angry at Nordhill and would like to add my humble opinion.

The last 3 months have been frustrating, but a drawdown of 10-15% is very little, especially when compared to the ytd performance. Any investment in such a speculative system, even if it is a very good one, should by made for at least a year, minimum. Sometimes the timing of entering a system can just be bad luck. But that doesn't make the system necessairily bad. (Re a system with seemingly steady returns and no drawdowns, have a look at Anmaric myfxbook.com/members/Anmaric_LTD and where their systems are at after Brexit.)

That Shark is only being promoted after two years of actual trading can also be seen as a positive sign. At least there is a good life track record before offering it to the public. Should it have been offered two years ago just based on back testing? A manager doing this cannot be taken seriously in my eyes. Is two years too long? Maybe, but not necessairily, and not unusual.

Re the speculation if Nordhill manipulated the track record at SFX, I have no indication for that. I entered Hyper at SFX last autumn and had no problems withdrawing substantial gains this spring. (Yes, I was lucky for once, often it is the other way round.) And trades/trade execution in my new Hantec account are comparable to my SFX account. (Hantec opened later, so I am in the red there.)

Of course I am not recommending any of these systems, it should be everybody's decision if they can take the risk. I just don't regret my investment - yet?

Cheers,
Spinal Tap

I couldn't agree better, I just became a money manager, if I promote an one month track record, who is going to believe and rely on my performance? Now 2 years track record is pretty solid and majority of the systems crash before that, so it gives more credibility that the system will continue to perform as previously, but of course, anything can change, see the first 3 systems of NH, they never breached 10% DD period before, but now they did, so it needs to be adjusted according to the recent market conditions, I'm very optimistic that the systems will come back on track.

Back