Self help books

Paulina_wagner

Private, 1st Class
I have come to the conclusion that to be a successful trader, mindset is very important also being able to handle all aspects in your life like discipline, anxiety, stress,.....is of the essence.
I wonder have you all read any sort of self help books that have ACTUALLY helped out?

no book gonna 'actually help out' until U genuinely believe in it and seriously put in the work. U know?

u know... not at all. I also was thrilled about self help books, because had the same troubles with nervousness and anxiety, but I somehow managed to overcome these things on my own, facing the truth, not building castles in the air. it helped me.
i just dragged the focus from self-digging into self-improving by constant practicing, if we speak about trading, actually. daily chart monitoring helped me to distract and gradually I got some experience.

Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones" by James Clear - This book significantly impacted me, helping me understand that even the smallest habits can have a profound impact on my life

And

Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual by Jocko Willink - Its clear advice and Jocko's strict discipline encouraged me to overcome obstacles and demonstrate more self-discipline in my daily life.

Some popular self-help books in trading include "Trading for a Living" by Dr. Alexander Elder, "Market Wizards" series by Jack D. Schwager, and "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" by Edwin Lefèvre. These books offer valuable insights into trading strategies, market psychology, and risk management

After you get hand on experience emotions will be much easier to control. Books can help you early on but as you progress, theoretical knowledge loses to experience.

Try "Meditation" by Marcus Aurelius. It's the best emotional management book that I'm reading. It will highly impact your view of everything.

Back