The GBP/USD, good technical round number levels

With the Dollar's weakness, the Pound is back to correction movement around 1.23 level after hit today's high at 1.2354. I would wait until the Bank of England's economic policy meeting this Thursday.

The British Pound was up against the US Dollar on Friday. By the close of US trading GBP USD was trading at 1.2517, gaining 0.44%. I believe that the support is now located at the level of 1.2141, Monday's low, and resistance is likely at the level of 1.2557 - the maximum of Friday's trading.

On Wednesday, the dollar strengthend growth relative to other currencies as the US currency recovered from losses incurred on the background of the shocking news of the victory of Donald Trump in the presidential elections in the United States. GBP/USD rose by 0.32% to 1.2417, falling from a one-month high at 1.2548, reached earlier.

The British Pound was up against the US Dollar on Friday. By the close of US trading GBP/USD was trading at 1.2599, gaining 0.40%. I believe that the support is now located at the level of 1.2349, Wednesday's low and resistance is likely at the level of 1.2674 - the maximum of Friday's trading.

Markets were expecting chaos in the case of Trump won, but the uncertainty did not last for long. The pair is holding well in a positive territory while a small gap down to 1.255 level. Bullish trend might be extended this week.

The British pound record third consecutive day of gains against the dollar on Friday and second positive week. The price climbed by 45 pips for the day to 1.2597. The daily limit values were reached respectively at 1.2672 and 1.2524. RSI develops in positive territory as the price remains above the rising moving averages, supporting positive attitudes.

Pound / dollar last week continued its upward movement, formed a peak of 1.2673 but closed lower at 1.2597 and hit 1.2491 earlier today. Trade signals are neutral, but as long as price remains above 1.2330, the pair is still in bullish phase as part of the bullish scenario of the formation hammer (daily chart) with goals in the region of 1.2790. First support is 1.2450. Intraday resistance at 1.2600 followed by 1.2650.

Back