The GBP/USD, good technical round number levels

The pound recorded a powerful increase against the dollar on Thursday. So the couple continued the positive momentum from Wednesday, as two key levels at 1.2387 and 1.2425 were overcome. If the bullish trend remains high, resistance at 1.2507 will be tested soon. The session started at a price of 1.2323, while the pound gained 92 pips to finish. The maximum of the day was achieved at 1.2431.

The British pound fell against the dollar on Friday. By the close of US trading GBP/USD was trading at 1.2284, shedding 1.08%. I believe that the support is now located at the level of 1.2198, Tuesday's low, and resistance is likely at the level of 1.2436 - the maximum of Thursday.

On the H1 interval there is a bearish pattern on GBP/USD. Seems like a strong signal for sell with range of 300 pips.

Attachments

• GBPUSDH1.png
    GBPUSDH1.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
For now the pair is bullish - a breakout above 1.2300 will likely lead to a further move to the upside towards the previous high at 1.2431.

The British Pound was up against the US Dollar on Friday. By the close of US trading GBP/USD was trading at 1.2174, gaining 0.12%. I believe that the support is now located at the level of 1.2036, Wednesday's low and resistance is likely at the level of 1.2318 - the maximum of Thursday.

The pair is trading in a relatively tight range around 1.20/21 after a big gap, but Pound is very fragile and highly dependable on political factor, all focus on May tomorrow. I'm expecting further decline, next target will be at 1.1900 zone.

May paint a quite clear picture, Pound rebound after her speech, aiming 1.2500 region. But uncertainty remains, I still expect Pound remains under pressure after the rebound.

The pound recorded a powerful increase against the dollar on Tuesday. British currency registered its biggest one-day rise in nearly a decade. So resistance at 1.2314 was breached and the pair made a test on the second level at 1.2425. Short-term expectations remain in favor of the pound. Trade was opened at a price of 1.2044 as bulls guided currencies from the beginning. The rally of the pound strengthened after the statement of Theresa May on Brexit votes and so the closing price coincided with the highest value for the day - 1.2414.

Back