Time to trade options?

Triantus Shango

Sergeant Major
for those who don't know, the show tastytrade is put together and hosted by tom sosnoff, co-founder of thinkorswim who eventually sold it to TD Ameritrade for 600M/USD.

the 2 links here is an interview at 2 different date of a thinkorswim customer who decided to go into options trading. watch and be amazed.

Last edited by a moderator:
for those who don't know, the show tastytrade is put together and hosted by tom sosnoff, co-founder of thinkorswim who eventually sold it to TD Ameritrade for 600M/USD.

the 2 links here is an interview at 2 different date of a thinkorswim customer who decided to go into options trading. watch and be amazed.

Nice stories mate

I don't think there is such thing as a right time. Thanks for posting the links, but I am always unimpressed by what others say about certain asset classes. I never needed a motivation or pep talk (not saying your links are for that), but I hope you get my point.

i get your point but i am not sure you get mine, i.e., here we have a retail trader who started with 100K/USD and turned it into 45M/USD in 3 years trading options. that should give all us pause. how many traders do you know who can achieve this kind of return after just a few years of trading SPOT FX, for example (with the same account size of 100K)?

if you watch the vid, listen to what a 30+ year professional options trader has to say about this.

of course i am not saying we should all drop the spot market and start trading options. i just thought the story inspirational and helpful to give some hope to those who might be trolling these pages in despair of never making it by showing that more amazing things than making 'OK' money trading forex do happen to regular people. so there always is hope.

I don't think there is such thing as a right time. Thanks for posting the links, but I am always unimpressed by what others say about certain asset classes. I never needed a motivation or pep talk (not saying your links are for that), but I hope you get my point.

there IS such a thing called luck or opportunity.

Are you familiar with what happened in 2008? I did quite well at that time, primarily because it was a "right time" to trade. volatility was intense.

Appreciate all the links you've shared recently.

This is quite interesting since I am looking into options, including equities and futures. I believe I have the ToS platform but I haven't really tested it yet.

Back