trading for years without making money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading for years without making any profit can be a frustrating and discouraging experience. It's important to examine the reasons why you may not be seeing the results you want, and consider whether there are any changes you can make to your trading approach. This may involve refining your trading strategy, developing better risk management techniques, or improving your understanding of market fundamentals. Additionally, seeking guidance from experienced traders or mentors, and staying up to date on market developments and trends, can also help improve your chances of success in the long run.

Risk management is important in trading, a good trading strategy is without discipline risk management, one loss could be higher, unlucky traders also possible to gain profit with find the ideal risk-reward ratio and worked out fully discipline.

Hello

I have been trading for 6 years without any luck
I have had several mentors but no one actually gave me the proper knowledge on how to trade

anyone can guide me to a mentor who can really develop me step by step in order to become a good trader
To find a mentor who can help develop trading skills, one can consider joining trading communities and forums, enrolling in structured courses and mentorship programs, reaching out to professional traders and investors, or hiring a trading coach or consultant. It's important to do research, ask questions, and be clear about expectations and goals.

Hello

I have been trading for 6 years without any luck
I have had several mentors but no one actually gave me the proper knowledge on how to trade

anyone can guide me to a mentor who can really develop me step by step in order to become a good trader
hello buddy.
iI think you should change your strategies, and learn much more, you are doing something wrong. other guys in this chat provided you lots goo info. i cant add anything else. :) wish u luck for your next trade.

"Trading for years without making money" it is really hurtful to hear. Here are three potential way that you could use to make money:

• Trading is a challenging pursuit, and it's not uncommon to go through periods of time without seeing any significant returns. That being said, it's important to take a step back and assess why you haven't been successful thus far. Are you sticking to a sound strategy, or are you constantly changing your approach? Are you overtrading, or are you being too conservative? These are all factors that could be contributing to your lack of profitability. It might be worth revisiting your approach and identifying areas where you can make improvements. Don't be discouraged -- even the most successful traders have experienced setbacks along the way.

• It's possible that you're not alone in this struggle. Many traders, both novice and experienced, have gone through periods of time where they don't see the returns they were hoping for. One possible solution is to seek out a mentor or coach who can provide you with guidance and support. This person could help you identify where you're going wrong and suggest ways to improve your approach. Additionally, consider joining a trading community or forum where you can exchange ideas with other traders and gain insights into new strategies and techniques.

• Trading can be a humbling experience, and it's natural to feel discouraged when you're not seeing the results you want. However, it's important to remember that trading is a long-term game. You may not see profits in the short term, but that doesn't mean you won't eventually achieve success. It's also worth considering the possibility that trading might not be the right fit for you. There's no shame in admitting that you need to try something different. Ultimately, the key to success in trading is persistence and a willingness to learn from your mistakes.

Honestly, people trade to make money. It's natural to feel frustrated when there is no response in the long term. I can provide you with some strategies that may help to trade you-
  1. Focus on education: Knowledge is power in trading. Invest time in learning about various trading strategies, technical analysis, fundamental analysis, risk management, and other relevant topics. Numerous online resources, books, and courses can provide valuable insights and help enhance your skills.
  2. Start with a demo account: If you haven't already, consider using a demo trading account to practice your strategies without risking real money. This allows you to gain experience, test different approaches, and refine your trading plan before committing capital to live trades.
  3. Identify your weaknesses: Take a critical look at your trading history and identify areas where you struggle. It could be related to timing entries and exits, setting realistic profit targets, or managing emotions. Once you pinpoint your weaknesses, work on addressing them through practice, research, and seeking guidance from experienced traders.
  4. Keep a trading journal: Maintaining a detailed trading journal can be immensely beneficial. Record your trades, including the rationale behind each decision, entry and exit points, and the outcome. Regularly reviewing your journal will help you identify patterns, learn from your mistakes, and adjust your approach.
  5. Consider seeking professional guidance: If you feel stuck or overwhelmed, it might be worth consulting with a professional trading coach or mentor. They can provide personalized guidance, offer objective feedback, and help you fine-tune your strategy.
  6. Patience and perseverance: Trading requires skill, experience, and adaptability. It's essential to maintain a long-term perspective and understand that consistent profitability takes time to achieve. Stay focused, remain disciplined, and be willing to adapt your approach as needed.

To make the process more manageable, I choose to use an expert advisor (EA) to automate my trading strategy. By building an EA around a well-tested strategy, I can take the emotions out of trading and rely on a set of predefined rules

If you trading performance after several years is near breakeven (slight loss or profit) then you are good at money management but bad at finding any trading edge. Distribution of price returns which is close to normal explain why mean of your returns should be zero minus trading costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back