what is your leverage when you trade ?

Don't worry if your broker offers more leverage than you plan to use. Just because a car can go 300 mph doesn't mean you have to drive it that fast.

lol...in that case when you will have an accident, you are totally dead! But if your speed is less than that offered you may still be afford to make trades (after the accident) on the bed of hospital with a lap top....

My broker offer various kind of leverages, it's up to 1:1000 for micro-account, but I don't want to get risk with my money so I trade with 1:100. IMO, too much leverage is not good.
most definitely! it could literally kill a trading account relatively very quickly if used unwisely.

One of my regular broker, EXNESS, should be extremely happy with me coz I use their 1:2000 leverage all the time....or until my account goes beyond usd1k where it is automatically reduced to 1:1000....then after it grows to over usd5k, it is further reduced down to 1:500
Problem is that, no matter what leverage is use, it is automatically reduced down to 1:200 over the weekend and this is where the danger is if you do not know how to manage high leverage.

One of my regular broker, EXNESS, should be extremely happy with me coz I use their 1:2000 leverage all the time....or until my account goes beyond usd1k where it is automatically reduced to 1:1000....then after it grows to over usd5k, it is further reduced down to 1:500
Problem is that, no matter what leverage is use, it is automatically reduced down to 1:200 over the weekend and this is where the danger is if you do not know how to manage high leverage.

Oh! this is really dangerous if you have any open position in floating loss. Thus, better to know how to handle the leverage then make the decision to use such high leverage.

Is it their policy - "if you make money, we reduce leverage"?

Yes, if you have floating positions held over the weekend and with little free margin, whisper sweet nothings and kiss your account good bye because when your 1:2000 leverage is automatically reduced down to 1; 200 over the weekend, your account is dead as a mummy.

Back