Will Your Broker Survive the CHF Move?

I'll bet some of the bucketshops are loving this. Collect all the money from those who had margin calls and tell clients who were on the right side of the trade that the trades were cancelled by the non-existent LPs.

Even better, some of the worst scumbags who are about ready to close down and rebrand anyway will use this as an excuse. "Dear clients, we got wiped out by the CHF. So sorry, but all the money is gone. Goodbye."

According to some sources, IronFX is in talks to buy Alpari IronFX Global in talks to acquire Alpari UK out of administration – LeapRate Exclusive | LeapRate

Well, that's disturbing! :)

it's quite true, well unless the 'hammer' ( west ham) finally get ironed then :).
here's a list of brokers who covered negative balance due CHF event.
Are You Covered? These Brokers Forgive Negative Balance following CHF Crisis | Forex Magnates
full list I think, one may use ctrl+f and check if their brokerage service on those list.
many traders should often visit their brokerage website in order to check latest news related to CHF event, some broker starting offer extra solution, instead of negative balance covering. got mine with armada ( now Tickmill, and it's on the list ), while checking their company news they announce and offering to buying traders account (portofolio) who have run into difficulties due CHF crisis - volatility market events.
finally, May the (Pips) force be with you!

Another broker is going under. According to a notice on the LQDMarkets.com website, after consulting with the FCA, they are ceasing to allow trading and closing all open positions of clients.

Wasn't trading during that mess but I got email from my broker that it`s doesn't affect them :)

From FXSalt's website...

This morning, FXSalt Ltd, a BVI registered company, has disabled all trading services as a result of the dramatic Swiss Franc movement on Thursday, 15 January 2015 followed by the notification that some of our partners have entered insolvency late last week.

More information will be provided as it becomes available.

Most Sincerely,
Team FXSALT

Who knows which is going to be next broker to fail, but the ones left standing are the most trustworthy ones.

Well obviously some brokers that were unaffected may have been market makers, and it made it a little bit easier for them, but that does not mean they are 100% trustworthy. Those that survived being true ECN or STP brokers, like where I have my account, are the ones that really passed the survival test IMO.

Back