Powerful Buyers & Sellers Zones Indicator - support thread

Started testing the Buy/Sell indicator on 5-25-16 (yesterday) in demo account for the D1 time frame. Good gain overnight with 13 positions. Lots of entry opportunities. No significant violations of entry Buy/Sell bands with the highest setting. All other trend / momentum indicators do not show imminent reversal contrary to the Buy/Sell signals entry indications. I am reviewing positions and evaluating new prospects three to four times per day. I will report my results after one week. This indicator sure has my attention!! Thanks to both FX Trading Revolution and FPA for this opportunity.

Excellent, thank you!

Finally I received the reply from a programmer of the indicator. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible - the indicator currently draws objects on charts, not buffers - the iCustom can only get the buffer value. However, I will put this on the to-do list and would like to make the indicator work with the iCustom in following updates. Have a great day!

Ryan

Started testing the Buy/Sell indicator on 5-25-16 (yesterday) in demo account for the D1 time frame. Good gain overnight with 13 positions. Lots of entry opportunities. No significant violations of entry Buy/Sell bands with the highest setting. All other trend / momentum indicators do not show imminent reversal contrary to the Buy/Sell signals entry indications. I am reviewing positions and evaluating new prospects three to four times per day. I will report my results after one week. This indicator sure has my attention!! Thanks to both FX Trading Revolution and FPA for this opportunity.

You are welcome! I am really happy to hear that the indicator has your attention. I am looking forward to seeing your results with the indicator!

Ryan

CORRECTION to previous post - I stated I had changed the Buyers and Sellers Factor setting to the highest level (50). Evidently, the change did not save to the file. It appears I am still set at Factor 20. That would explain the abundance of entry opportunities. Regardless, the winning percentage is over 90% with 14 positions right now. Up $4,000 USD with one lot (demo account). However, Rome was not built in a day. Will report back in one week.

CORRECTION to previous post - I stated I had changed the Buyers and Sellers Factor setting to the highest level (50). Evidently, the change did not save to the file. It appears I am still set at Factor 20. That would explain the abundance of entry opportunities. Regardless, the winning percentage is over 90% with 14 positions right now. Up $4,000 USD with one lot (demo account). However, Rome was not built in a day. Will report back in one week.

Thanks for letting us know. If you set the indicator on your own and then load the new indicator on new chart, the default setting will appear again. In this case I would recommend you to save the settings to a file (via the save button in the indicator's settings window) and load the settings (via the load button in the indicator's settings window) if you will turn on a new instance of the indicator. Also if you will have a while I will be more than happy to take a look at your trade examples.

I wish you a lot of successful trades!

Ryan

Ryan - I followed your instructions on resetting the parameters. I saved to a file (the only window that opens MQL4 > Presets) The "Save as type" field has Expert Set (*.set) as default. The * will not allow me to save. I tried Factor50.set and it appeared it loaded to MT4 because the alerts worked, which I had changed from default false to true. It appears I am getting stronger zones. But, the MT4 Indicator drop down>Custom>Buyer-Sellers Zone Indicator still has the default settings. This is not a straight forward process. A simpler procedure to reset the indicator parameters would be very helpful in the next version. Meanwhile, could you walk me through the process of resetting the parameters or at least get the MT4 drop down Buy-Sell Indicator parameters to confirm the change?

I still have 14 positions in the demo. No breakouts from the reverse side of the zones - no stop-outs. Still in the money. I have two live positions and five live pending limit. 4th trading day with the Buy-Sell Indicator - still looking good.

Your web site www.FXTradingRevolution.com looks great. The broker live test reviews were very helpful.

Day 5 - Buy/Sell Indicator - D1 Time Frame - Factor 50? (some confusion-see previous post)
1 Live position +$283 net USD - 1 Lot 12 demo positions + $4,635 net USD - 1 Lot
(1) One live short position (GBPJPY) reversed last night - Strong Sell Zone (entry/resistance) disappeared - potential painful loss - Pivot point (resistance) on another charting service held - position returned to small gain - exited
(2) Two demo short positions exited - $1410 loss USD - One position was GBPJPY -$1231 loss same as live position except I did not hold out. USDCNH Strong Sell Zone disappeared - exited with -$179 USD loss

Summary after five days
Live positions - 50% success of Buy/Sell Zones holding on two positions - no losses
Demo positions - 85.7% success of Buy/Sell Zones holding on 14 positions - two losses

Ryan - I followed your instructions on resetting the parameters. I saved to a file (the only window that opens MQL4 > Presets) The "Save as type" field has Expert Set (*.set) as default. The * will not allow me to save. I tried Factor50.set and it appeared it loaded to MT4 because the alerts worked, which I had changed from default false to true. It appears I am getting stronger zones. But, the MT4 Indicator drop down>Custom>Buyer-Sellers Zone Indicator still has the default settings. This is not a straight forward process. A simpler procedure to reset the indicator parameters would be very helpful in the next version. Meanwhile, could you walk me through the process of resetting the parameters or at least get the MT4 drop down Buy-Sell Indicator parameters to confirm the change?

I still have 14 positions in the demo. No breakouts from the reverse side of the zones - no stop-outs. Still in the money. I have two live positions and five live pending limit. 4th trading day with the Buy-Sell Indicator - still looking good.

Your web site www.FXTradingRevolution.com looks great. The broker live test reviews were very helpful.

Hello, thank you very much for your positive feedback on the FX Trading Revolution website.

Unfortunately, the MT4 logic behind setting the parameters / variables is the same for every indicator. I can only change the default values that you will see every time when you will attach the indicator to your charts.

The MT4 logic works like this.

screen-shot-2016-06-01-at-1-59-07-pm-png.25650

A) Every time you would like to get back to the default settings - the one that I set in the code by default - click on the Reset button in the bottom right corner. Then click OK to apply the settings.

B) If you will change the settings on your own and would like to save the settings for future use - click on the Save button - as you wrote, you have to save the .set file with your own name.

C) Then if you will run a new instance of the indicator and would like to use your previously saved settings, click on the Load button and open the previously saved .set file. Then click OK to apply the settings.

If you are not sure what settings of the indicator you currently use, right click on the chart and click on the Indicators list (or CTRL + I shortcut). Choose the indicator and click Edit. There you can see what settings you use.

Have a great day!

Ryan

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-06-01 at 1.59.07 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-01 at 1.59.07 PM.png
    26 KB · Views: 154
Day 6 - Buy/Sell Indicator D1 Time Frame - Factor 50
1. Liquidated remaining 12 Demo one lot positions to focus on Live positions - net Gain $2,613 USD
2. Currently have six Live one lot positions. Volatility near Entry Zones. No break through violations of Entry Zones at this time
3. 0930 hrs New York - about a 13% max draw down, but rates stayed within all Entry Zones. Positions recovering at this time

Ongoing back testing from 10-1-15 to 5-30-16 (34 weeks) with six pairs so far, show the following results:
No. Trades: 27
Position Size: One Lot
Average Days Held: 32.9
Average Gain Per Trade: USD $4,456
Total Gain: $120,312

No stop outs occurred with Stop set on opposite side of Entry Zone. After 250 pip gain, Stop set at Parabolic SAR (setting .06/,20) and reset daily to next Parabolic. Exit occurs at Stop out or execution of limit order at target Exit Zone.

Will provide final spreadsheet when back testing of 42 pairs is complete.

Hello, thank you very much for your positive feedback on the FX Trading Revolution website.

Unfortunately, the MT4 logic behind setting the parameters / variables is the same for every indicator. I can only change the default values that you will see every time when you will attach the indicator to your charts.

The MT4 logic works like this.

screen-shot-2016-06-01-at-1-59-07-pm-png.25650

A) Every time you would like to get back to the default settings - the one that I set in the code by default - click on the Reset button in the bottom right corner. Then click OK to apply the settings.

B) If you will change the settings on your own and would like to save the settings for future use - click on the Save button - as you wrote, you have to save the .set file with your own name.

C) Then if you will run a new instance of the indicator and would like to use your previously saved settings, click on the Load button and open the previously saved .set file. Then click OK to apply the settings.

If you are not sure what settings of the indicator you currently use, right click on the chart and click on the Indicators list (or CTRL + I shortcut). Choose the indicator and click Edit. There you can see what settings you use.

Have a great day!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, I got it now

Back