A small step into the unknown

It sounds like you're firmly headed in the right direction.

My personal suggestion to see if your system is ready to try live is to recalculate all your profits and losses as if you got 2 pips less profit (or 2 pips greater loss) on all trades and see if you still end up in profit. If so, the time may have arrived to try this in a very small live account.

I tested it out with the 2 pip loss, and it ended up a little bit shy. Some tweaking and learning still to do so some more time reading this forum for me and reviewing where my trades weren't up to scratch!

Thanks very much for suggesting this, good reality check for me!

Sounds like you're very close. Just find a way to increase your average profit per trade by a pip or two and it will be time to test this out live.

I want to get into Forex firstly to give me some income boost but with the ultimate goal of breaking out of the usual method and spending the next 50 odd years making someone else some good money!

Is it just me or do 50 years is truly a long shot plan for your primary source of income and lifestyle?

Is it just me or do 50 years is truly a long shot plan for your primary source of income and lifestyle?

Ha ha mate. Spot on. How do we know that we are gonna stay for next 50 years ? I always try to plan with in next 05 years with the realistic objective.s

It's not easy. That investment I made in a sail factory just before steamships became popular did result in a loss.

Wow... Sail factory, amazing mate... Yeah, nobody can predict future. But at least with a plan and dream for ourselves as an ultimate goal to work for it. Human positive mindset energy are more unpredictable strong.

Back