Advantages of currencies over stocks

There’s more stocks in the market compared with the currency pair, so it’s easier to focus on this few currency pairs than constantly checking on the stocks, plus the Forex is open all day long.

Some of the better stock traders out there focus on a few stocks or else stocks representing one particular sector of the economy. With study, these can be at least as easy to trade as forex.

BTW - whoever put "No Market Manipulation YES No" on that list evidently never heard of bucketshop forex brokers or central bank interventions.

I suppose the dream would be to have enough to be able to delve into both stocks and currencies, because wouldn't that cover you, regardless of the market changes?

Hello Everyone

Like previous mentioned in this thread, most "Forex" brokers offer some "Stock Indexes", "Commodities", "Treasurys" etc, and most are usually traded on "News" reports, making them a slow & less risk trading methods.

They (Stocks etc) are traded no different than "Gold" or "Silver" that don't trade the same times as currency pairs. Most if not all "Brokers" use the "Pre-markets" data during their "out-of-hours" trading.

The "Pre-markets" data & "News" is a great help for myself when it comes to preparing my reports at this thread https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/market-predictions-reports/33041-us-stock-market.html please feel free to ask any questions about this link in the other thread. :cool:

Good luck
ilearn2t

I suppose the dream would be to have enough to be able to delve into both stocks and currencies, because wouldn't that cover you, regardless of the market changes?

Diversifying can be good. On the other hand, if you don't have time to really understand what's going on in both markets, it can just double your risk of loss.

Good points. I want to add some from my side.
Liquidity: The Forex market is the biggest market, originally conceived
For the big players - banks, investment capital, companies and other economic
Organizations: It doesn't issue how many one-by-one traders participate in this market at
The same time - they can't move this market at all. On the stock market

If there was a central forex exchange, then that huge liquidity would be applicable. Instead, retail forex is only a tiny fraction of the daily exchanges in the forex market. I've seen a video showing how during very quiet times of the marker, a single lot bought or sold can move the market by a pip.

Add in that unethical brokers are more than willing to move the market by several pips for their own benefit, and the bragging about virtually unlimited liquidity preventing market manipulation falls flat.

By the way, your text appears to be quoted from dailyfx.com/forex_forum/community-section/630473-advantages-currencies-over-stocks.html

Are you the original author?

i see only volatility as the key advantage of currencies over stocks. Together with leverage decent fluctuations will yield a lot of money, while in stocks we have to wait for some significiant fundamental event (changes in company performance and similar to it)

In currency trading you can trade with less capital as well. In stocks trading you need to buy full stock value and for this you need to invest the exact amount needed to buy all those shares you are willing to do.

In currency trading you can trade with less capital as well. In stocks trading you need to buy full stock value and for this you need to invest the exact amount needed to buy all those shares you are willing to do.

Stocks are for sluggards, who don't have a clue how to benefit from volatilty. Investors at stocks geared towards buy-and-hold positions (locking substantial money for pennies of profit) or giving away money to ETF's, Mutual funds doing not better than dow for example...

Back