• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Are there any decent brokers?

Discoveranother

Recruit
Are there any decent brokers out there at all !!!

I have scoured this website left, right and centre for reviews on brokers and numerous other websites and none seem to get really good reviews. Ok, not everyone will be pleased all of the time, but all of these bad reviews is dampening my spirit to trade Forex. PLEASE are there any reputable brokers out there at at all ? Who do you guys trade with ?

One needs to trade in the well regulated broker. I have been trading with few brokers where i havent had any problem. I am unsure if i can mention the name here.

Why could you not mention the name, after all, there are umpteenth reviews on here of brokers. If they are a decent broker i'm sure they wouldn't mind a mention !

I have been with FXCM.com for over a year and have two accounts with them as well as two accounts with forex.com FXCM seems to over the lowest spreads.

When picking a broker always make sure that they are properly licensed and regulated and not added to any blacklist. Then take a look at their terms and conditions to make sure that they fit your needs as a trader. Check what their customer service is like. I would also recommend making sure that they provide neative balance protection, i.e. if you incur a deficit on your account during a critical moment (like during the whole drama with EUR/CHF last year) the broker won't come after you because you owe them money. There's a whole bunch of such brokers listed here, and I am sure they are not the only ones.

When picking a broker always make sure that they are properly licensed and regulated and not added to any blacklist. Then take a look at their terms and conditions to make sure that they fit your needs as a trader. Check what their customer service is like. I would also recommend making sure that they provide neative balance protection, i.e. if you incur a deficit on your account during a critical moment (like during the whole drama with EUR/CHF last year) the broker won't come after you because you owe them money. There's a whole bunch of such brokers listed here, and I am sure they are not the only ones.

I'm assuming that's "negative balance protection"? Anyway, I agree with the idea.
Also, I couldn't stress enough how important decent customer service is. Test it beforehand. Call them at different hours to see whether you'll get a reply, if they have a chat function check that out too. It's always very frustrating to have open positions, to lose connection in the middle of the night and when you call there's no one to pick up the phone.

Back