• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Capital Trust Markets - CapitalTrustMarkets.com - Possible Scam Alert

I am having an issue with a company
Please contact Media as well

Also contact media to put pressure on authorities to investigate this fraud.

Google "investigative journalism" in Canada and New Zealand. Here in USA we have a show called "American Greed" on CNBC for people like Reza

Please continue to share what you find out

CTM now de-registered with NZ FSPR

Also contact media to put pressure on authorities to investigate this fraud.

Google "investigative journalism" in Canada and New Zealand. Here in USA we have a show called "American Greed" on CNBC for people like Reza

Please continue to share what you find out

Most CTM clients know that email promises have been made stating that financial withdrawals will be processed by the end of May but for reasons previously listed in this thread most of us remain skeptical. Perhaps all will turn out OK but as suggested, all clients must continue to contact legal authorities until we actually see our deposits refunded.

I have contacted an investigative journalist in NZ who says he has an ongoing investigation and that other CTM clients have spoken to him.

The SFO office appears to be unhelpful. But complaints should still be sent to them. Their reply to my complaint was that they didn't see that any fraud had occurred (yet). They were slim on details but I'm guessing that the posted website promises that CTM is in the process of making business adjustments were enough to satisfy SFO.

I'm amazed that a financial services company is allowed by the laws in New Zealand to simply tear up their agreement with the national oversight agency without having all their company accounts and assets frozen. Looking back, it should have been a red warning light when my account funds were directed to be deposited in an account outside the country of business registration. I wonder if anyone has directly contacted the Royal Bank of Canada concerning their deposited funds?. It might be worthwhile.

It's my recommendation that FPA consider putting all members on alert concerning doing business with any New Zealand based FX broker. The info popup message at CTM states, '....rest assured CTM is in good standings and fully compliant with the FSPR. " CTM was officially de-registered from the FSPR on May 18.!! (Search Summary Company FSP)

The NZ government must be aware that their country's loose business registration practices encourages fraud. If they don't intercede and provide diligent oversight of local businesses, they are willfully turning their country into the Pirate Bay of offshore FX broker registration. If NZ allows businesses to setup office, accept funds, move funds to another country, then de-register from government oversight, the NZ government is complicit in any fraud that occurs.

Have any CTM clients received the funds from the withdrawal request? Please post here if and when. I certainly will if it appears that CTM decides to make good on their financial obligations.

My withdrawal request at CTM is currently listed as "Pending Approval".

Canadian Anti-Fraud

Has anyone successfully completed a fraud complaint form at the Canadian Ant-Fraud Centre? I tried to and they don't answer their phone and the process of completing a complaint form online takes you in an endless loop of creating a "GCKey" but then there's no place to use it to login !! See; (https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/)

Has anyone been successful in finding a direct link or phone number to the RCMP police station where the authorities respond in a helpful way? I know the region where the CTM director lives is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

This thread seems to have gone quiet. Is that because everyone has received their withdrawals or because they have given up hope??

Hi I got a few strange emails from CTM after a long silence from CTM I finaly got this on May 14 from the CTM administrator.

From CTM Can you kindly provide to us the EA that you are using for your trading, before we come to any conclusions we would like to see the Expert Adviser you have running, furthermore, please do not contact Mr. Reza Mokhtarian any longer, keep all communications through the admin channel as the company is in the process of being moved over to London, UK with the new owners. Please send us a copy of the EA you are using. Thank you.

This was strange because I don't know how to use and EA. Does any one know who these new owners are they refuse to identify themselves. The next email was accusations.

From CTM We have an issue with your account in the sense that we believe there is swap abuse and some arbitrage at play here. It is in our best judgement to proceed in closing your account and returning to you the initial deposit. We have had many cases lately of clients that we believe are maliciously trading, in our terms and conditions it specifically states that if a client is found guilty of breaking our terms and conditions his account will be closed and initial funds returned via same method of deposit. Furthermore, we have changed our structure as the company is now under new management and any trading we find that we believe will create long term issues within the firm we plan on stopping. Please let us know if your initial method of funding is still available to return your initial deposit to.

I told Reza exactly how I would be using the account and did what I said I would. The third email came after I got a bit upset with them. on May 19

From CTM We are terminating your account and returning your original funds. Calling us thieves and saying we are stealing your money is unacceptable and we do not want any clients that speak this way to us, maybe you got away speaking to Reza this way but we do not tolerate this. We will be closing out your account tomorrow and sending your original funds back to your credit card.

They never closed out my account I closed all my positions and all my money is sitting in the account and ewallet and yet they claim that they sent the funds. The 4th email came may 21.

Your withdrawal will be returned to the original deposit method, keep in mind credit card withdrawals are NOT instant as they go through the credit card processor and they have to issue a refund. Thank you.

I have still not got a dime back. Hope this adds to the discussion. Does anyone have any info on the new company.

Has anyone successfully completed a fraud complaint form at the Canadian Ant-Fraud Centre? I tried to and they don't answer their phone and the process of completing a complaint form online takes you in an endless loop of creating a "GCKey" but then there's no place to use it to login !! See; (https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/)

Has anyone been successful in finding a direct link or phone number to the RCMP police station where the authorities respond in a helpful way? I know the region where the CTM director lives is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

This thread seems to have gone quiet. Is that because everyone has received their withdrawals or because they have given up hope??

I did, the application is a looong process but I did everything, the key etc... Have not heard back from them and it's been 2 weeks

Hi I got a few strange emails from CTM after a long silence from CTM I finaly got this on May 14 from the CTM administrator.

From CTM Can you kindly provide to us the EA that you are using for your trading, before we come to any conclusions we would like to see the Expert Adviser you have running, furthermore, please do not contact Mr. Reza Mokhtarian any longer, keep all communications through the admin channel as the company is in the process of being moved over to London, UK with the new owners. Please send us a copy of the EA you are using. Thank you.

This was strange because I don't know how to use and EA. Does any one know who these new owners are they refuse to identify themselves. The next email was accusations.

From CTM We have an issue with your account in the sense that we believe there is swap abuse and some arbitrage at play here. It is in our best judgement to proceed in closing your account and returning to you the initial deposit. We have had many cases lately of clients that we believe are maliciously trading, in our terms and conditions it specifically states that if a client is found guilty of breaking our terms and conditions his account will be closed and initial funds returned via same method of deposit. Furthermore, we have changed our structure as the company is now under new management and any trading we find that we believe will create long term issues within the firm we plan on stopping. Please let us know if your initial method of funding is still available to return your initial deposit to.

I told Reza exactly how I would be using the account and did what I said I would. The third email came after I got a bit upset with them. on May 19

From CTM We are terminating your account and returning your original funds. Calling us thieves and saying we are stealing your money is unacceptable and we do not want any clients that speak this way to us, maybe you got away speaking to Reza this way but we do not tolerate this. We will be closing out your account tomorrow and sending your original funds back to your credit card.

They never closed out my account I closed all my positions and all my money is sitting in the account and ewallet and yet they claim that they sent the funds. The 4th email came may 21.

Your withdrawal will be returned to the original deposit method, keep in mind credit card withdrawals are NOT instant as they go through the credit card processor and they have to issue a refund. Thank you.

I have still not got a dime back. Hope this adds to the discussion. Does anyone have any info on the new company.

Myself I have not heard from them, been waiting to approve the transfer to ewallet for several days. I'd forward everything to the above mentioned authorities and journalist.

Try these:

Reporting Scams and Frauds - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre

Also, everyone should visit the Open Cases folder. There's a vote on the first case filed against CTM going on right now.

Back