1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 17, Part II. Harmonic Numbers and AB=CD pattern. Page 2

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Sive Morten, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Commander in Pips: And now?

Chart #2 | EUR/USD Daily and Repetition of Harmonic Swing
    [​IMG]

All these purple lines have the same length and slope – they were cloned, dragged to these swings. Also take a look – the long downswing consists of the same harmonic swing multiply with 2. That’s what I’ve talked about when I said“some amount of harmonic swings”. When the market is expanding, like during this long move down – its move usually consists of some number of harmonic swings. Here you can see obvious repetition of the same value’s move.

Pipruit: Wow, Commander, this is a real breakout in trading science! I’m glad that we are the first who discover it!
    Commander in Pips: I do not want to upset you, my friend but that property of the market was discovered in 1970s…

Pipruit: Oh, no… And why is it so useful then?
    Commander in Pips: Because we will not use it blindly and will not trade it purely. We will use it in more sophisticated tactic, but it will give us great service.

Pipruit: Hm, I’m listening very carefully…
    Commander in Pips: Great. So, our work has to start from this harmonic swing estimation. And it could be estimated by observation. You should take your preferable trading chart – for instance 5, 30 or 60 minutes – depending on your trading time frame and observe it.

Pipruit: What do you mean with “observe”?
    Commander in Pips: You should take a look at them each day, find some repetitive swings and measure them. Your observation is better if you accurately fix it somewhere – an Excel sheet, for instance. So, after some time you’ll see that on your preferable time frame many swings have the same value. You should search for repetition of the swings and control their value. Take additional care to the nature of the swings. Repetitive swings will appear when the market is contracting – trading in the range, while when it will turn to expansion, swings become greater and they will be multiples of contracting harmonic swing, like on chart #2, when downswing was 2 x harmonic swing.

Pipruit: And how long of a time should I do that?​

#1 Sive Morten, Dec 21, 2013
    Lasted edited by : Apr 10, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.