1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 17, Part IV. 3-Drive pattern and harmony in classical patterns. Page 5

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Sive Morten, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Advanced comments - compounding of Harmonic patterns

We will start from the following chart:

Chart #4 | 60-min EUR/USD
    [​IMG]

Do you see something here?

Pipruit: I don’t know, may be some AB=CD’s… Wait a minute, I see Butterfly!
    Commander in Pips: I’m very happy that you see it. But I’m not your psychotherapist. He-he-he. *Snortle*

Ok, this is the same chart of 3-Drives pattern, but without markings…

Pipruit: I can’t believe it.
    Commander in Pips: Now you know that to recognize some patterns is not so easy task at all. But the purpose of this chart is different. We know that this chart shows a 3-Drives pattern. But let’s see from which it consists of on chart #5:

1. First drive and start of a second are 1.27 Butterfly “Sell”;

2. Second and third drives are another 1.27 Butterfly “Sell”;

3. Both Butterflies, as we already know have inner AB=CD’s;

4. Then 3-Drive pattern itself, that also includes larger AB=CD, which overlap both Butterflies. This could be seen on chart #2.
    Pipruit: Sir, this is just amazing! But how we can apply that?​

Commander in Pips: First, when you do not even think, that 3-Drive could appear – you can trade first Butterfly with a nice profit – so you ride on first drive.

Second, if you even could not recognize 3-Drives, you can act, based on the second butterfly alone. Since it has the same target as 3-Drive and the same stop placing level – for you there will not be difference to trade this butterfly or 3-Drive.

And the last but most important thing - just imagine that you have at least 3 patterns that point on the same level for short entry – Butterfly (second), large AB-CD and 3-Drives. What are your thoughts then?

Pipruit: Well, I will have a lot of confidence to enter.
    Commander in Pips: Bulls eye! This is a great advantage. This kind of compounding analysis will allow you to find some nuances which could give you much more confidence. Because when many patterns point on the same level – this is not just occasion.

But it not necessary always will be like on chart #5. Sometimes it could be two butterflies without holding 3-Drives, or different AB=CD, “222” or something.

Chart #5 | 60-min EUR/USD 3-Drives pattern compounding
    [​IMG]

#1 Sive Morten, Dec 21, 2013
    Lasted edited by : Apr 14, 2016
    TOURADA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.