1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 20, Part III. Trading Fakeouts. - Q&A

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Administrator, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Administrator

Administrator Just Administrator :-)

Please use this thread for questions, answers, and comments on this lesson.

2. pringy

pringy Private

Hi Sive,
    Seasons greetings!

Just curious, you have not mentioned the use of any indicators to judge a breakout. E.g. ATR? Apart from using divergence.

Also, in terms of interpreting a good strong trend, what are your views of ATR vs ADX? Both seems to give quite different signals.

cheers

3. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi Pringy,
    there will be a chapter, dedicated to volatility and applying such indicators as ATR, Historical Volatility and some others for estimation of possible reversal.
    Application of ATR and MACD Hist is here:
    http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/chapter-20/18074-chapter-20-part-ii-trading-breakouts.html

Concerning ATR and ADX, personally I do not use them. I prefer to use MACD and 3x3 DMA as thrust identification. While trend develops I keep and eye on MACD hist. to monitor overall momentum.
    Besides, ATR and ADX work absolutely different, just take a look at their math. ATR has more common with historical volatility, although it is much simpler.

4. pringy

pringy Private

Thanks Sive - and I hope you did manage to have a bit of a christmas break! cheers

5. Hamza Samiullah

Hamza Samiullah Corporal

Long but simple lesson...