1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 23, Part I. Multiple Time Frame Intro.

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Administrator, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Administrator

Administrator Just Administrator :-)

Part I. Multiple Time Frame Intro. [​IMG]

Commander in Pips: Today we pass to another very significant and, I might say, interesting topic – multiple time frames analysis.

Pipruit: What is it?

[​IMG]

Commander in Pips: Well, as you understand, any asset, including any currency pair, exists on the monthly perspective as well as any other – daily, hourly, 30-min or even 1-minute time frame. So you may switch charts of the same currency pair by changing the time frame and what you will see – although it is the same asset, say the EUR/USD pair, but the charts look absolutely different. How to deal with this?

Pipruit: Well, probably I might stick to some single time frame and ignore all the others.​

Commander in Pips: Hm, that's a very suspicious decision, son. I suppose you understand already that the market could not move in two different directions simultaneously, right?

Pipruit: Yes.​

Commander in Pips: And take a look at two different time-frame charts, say, 1-hour of EUR/USD and 5-min EUR/USD, what do you see?

Pipruit: Well, I see upward trend and move on the hourly chart, but a downside move on the 5-min chart.​

Commander in Pips: So, what direction you will open your position? If you will ignore the hourly chart – you have to sell, while if you ignore the 5-min chart you have to enter long. There is one single asset but absolutely contradictory positions…

Pipruit: Right, hm, I do not know…​

Commander in Pips: Well, at least we come to very important decision – we can’t ignore different time frames. So, if we can’t ignore, or, say, exclude them, hence we can do only one thing – include them into our analysis or, saying it differently, combine them. This is only at first observation that they look opposite, but in reality they are complementary things. And when you will understand how combine them into one large view – then it will give you a big advantage.

Pipruit: Cool!​

Commander in Pips: But initially let’s try to answer on some preliminary questions:

- how to understand what particularly time frame to trade on. And, after that

- how to combine them to get an overall view on the market.

#1 Administrator, Jan 19, 2012
    Lasted edited by : Jan 24, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.