1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 24, Part II. Trading Sentiment. - Q&A

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by Administrator, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Administrator

Administrator Just Administrator :-)

Please use this thread for questions, answers, and comments on this lesson.

2. ahmad ashraf

ahmad ashraf Recruit

dear sir,
    i have a question about this topic when we see the euro globex in 5years range we see that at this time large is -157,546 and it creates a new low -171,347 and now at the time rsi14 is at 72.63 and a divergence on macd.
    these all are on weekly timeframe so according to cot data the divergence could be of 700pips more to build power again to down so we have to buy on a dip and if we trapped in wrong position for 200/300 pips than no worry market market have to move up according to cot.
    your answer will be very helpful.
    thanks

3. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi Ahmad,
    Actually I do not see any divergence with MACD on weekly EUR/USD, and can't either support or deny link between technical indicators, such as RSI and COT report. If you have such relation - please share with us. Personally I never study this potential relation.
    That's why I do not quite understand why have you decided that it should be 700 pips more move before reversal?
    Also it is better, probably to use relative ratio of "Large" to overall positions, rather than absolute numbers, as we've described.

4. thierrybl

thierrybl Recruit

Hi Sive,

Thanks a lot for this very valuable lesson. If I understood right, when Large traders are mainly short, we should see an upward move.
    Large was at -157000 last week and -140000 this week. They never reach that level of short ! %Large short = 84.31%.

So we can logically expect a massive bullish move. Am I right ?

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.

Thierry

5. Sive Morten

Yes, most times it looks so. Now we already have some pullback on weekly chart. But extreme numbers not always lead to reversal and long-term opposite move. They can become a reason of some retracement.

6. Suhi

Suhi Recruit

Hi Sive and Everyone !

This is my first comment on this side , and i am very thankful , you have helped me a lot .
    I went through almost all the lessons and they are great , providing significant help !

This one really caught my attention , and i have been trying to make this indicator work but since i do not have too much experience with mt4 or with programming , i was hoping someone could help me through with getting this indicator work .

My first problem , after i have all the files in the right place , i can not dowload any updated data in this .csv format , and i suspect that i will have to download the .csv for every instrument i want to use , so can you suggest some source or send the data which is required by email ? ( suhiadamfx@gmail.com )

Thank you and have a pip filled day !

7. Sive Morten

Hi Suhi,
    Programming is not a strong side of mine, and actually, I do not use indicator for MT 4, because data updates weekly and this is sufficient to just calculate numbers and take look at Timing Charts page.

But, try to search on other our forums where programmers discuss their topics.