1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapter 8, Part II. Trend Lines - Q&A

Discussion in 'Complete Trading Education- Forex Military School' started by TraderBob, May 17, 2011.

1. TraderBob

TraderBob Private, 1st Class

Hey commander in pips, who has the best charting package. I use netdania and they seem ok. What do you use?

2. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi TraderBob.
    I use CQG.
    Your question what software is best, probably better to split on two:
    1. How accurate data is;
    2. Does software have all neccesary tools, that you need for trading.

I use DiNapoli approach to technical analysis. So, I need his total tools trading pack.
    Don't pay much attention to what I use, because my employee pays for it.
    Although CQG has most accurate data (DiNapoli itself uses it), along with Reuters and Bloomberg, its rather expensive.
    But there are few software programs, that provide access to DiNapoli proprietary indicators pack. CQG is the best in this term.

CQG in fact, was born for technical analysis. Just for information, I can tell, that it has DeMark pack and Elliot wave or, say, point and figure charts. Its automatically marks waves on the chart. I do not see such tools nowhere else.

Still, MT4 is not bad also - although it has not all that I need - it has MQL language for programming.
    Conclusion - I use mostly CQG and MT 4 sometimes.

3. PatrykM

PatrykM Private

Hi Sive,
    What is a extreme points where it is ?

4. Sive Morten

Sive Morten Special Consultant to the FPA

Extreme points are lows or highs that were formed by price. These points you link when you draw a trend line. Higher lows if trend goes up and lower highs if trend goes down - donward trend line always has to be drawn by tops, while upward trend - by lows.
    If you would like to know more you can read Demark book Technical analysis - new science. He has done excellent work with trend lines.

5. 4xkishore

4xkishore Recruit

Hello Sive!

I am Jnanendra Kishore from India. You can call me Kishor, my surname. I want a permanent trainee job in forex. I want to "learn and earn" together hand in hand under you. I don't have any financial resources to open a live account. At the same time I need a real master who can train me and allow me to hone my forex trading skills. Will you allow me to "Learn and Earn" under your mastership? If yes, please write back to me asap.

6. Olaoye

Olaoye Recruit

Gud sir, i trying to renew my forex with your forex military school and i raed someone asking you about trading pack.pls sir what is CQG tools trading pack.
    pls i want to know more about it and knowledge about it.
    thanks sir.

7. Hamza Samiullah

Hamza Samiullah Corporal

Excellent Article ... Very informative...