Fear

Fear is natural, even healthy. It makes you cautious when you otherwise might be too careless with your money.

But trading forex - like anything and everything else - isn't about "not being afraid." It's about controlling your fear, and using it to your advantage. It means being a smarter trader, and knowing when your fear is telling to to take a step back and analyze what you're doing before you do it.

Not being afraid at all is, IMHO, reckless. Just don't let your fear paralyze you into doing nothing.

I think the only individuals who trade without any anxiety are the total newbies who don't yet know enough to have anxiety. That was the case with me when I first started.

I think the only individuals who trade without any anxiety are the total newbies who don't yet know enough to have anxiety. That was the case with me when I first started.

Interesting, For me it was the opposite. The less I knew, more anxious I was, because I felt like I had no control over my own destiny (or money). The more I understood, the easier it was for me to overcome the anxiety and feel like I was making intelligent, and informed decisions.

Interesting, For me it was the opposite. The less I knew, more anxious I was, because I felt like I had no control over my own destiny (or money). The more I understood, the easier it was for me to overcome the anxiety and feel like I was making intelligent, and informed decisions.

People have different experiences. For me the biggest anxiety came once I stopped being a total newbie and learned just enough to realize how much more I needed to learn. Now that I am a bit past that stage some of my anxiety has also abated.

In trading it is necessary to keep the coldness of the mind otherwise it is possible to lose money because of fears and experiences. That's why no one puts in their forex all their savings, but only a part that is not terrible to lose. Yes, it will be sad that you lost money, but not all to a penny. Yes, sometimes life's stresses can affect on trade. But it's beter when you are under stress not to trade.

Forex business is highly risky and we should focus on making better and more better. We had to control our emotions while trading and take the calculated risk to save our account from huge losses and practice more in demo account.

Forex business is highly risky and we should focus on making better and more better. We had to control our emotions while trading and take the calculated risk to save our account from huge losses and practice more in demo account.
Do you think practising on a live account is enough to help one shake off their anxiety caused by trading?

Fear is also the important factor so we must control all such factors like greed and fear. We should first calculate the market risk and then start trading if we fear too much then we will not be able to trade well.

Fear without any reason is dangerous if we do good analysis must have some confidence not close positions again and again in low loss. Have patience to read market than act on your management plan to overcome fear. I hope your trading will face less loss if you are planned before then accept all results with open heart.

Fear makes our lives more interesting and protects us from making wrong decisions.

Back