GUILTY - Case# 2011-009 | monkata vs www.investtechfx.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that Investtechfx is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 79 94.0%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whatever you do, dont be tempted to trade with them (you'll be amazed at how you lose your profits). Keep pursuiing your money and never go back.

Suddenly 25 members decided to vote not Guilty.
What a coincidence. The same 25 voted in the other case against Investtech:p
Why don't any of you 25 (Or maybe just one with 25 names?;)) Step forward and justify, why you voted not guilty?

Suddenly 25 members decided to vote not Guilty.
What a coincidence. The same 25 voted in the other case against Investtech:p
Why don't any of you 25 (Or maybe just one with 25 names?;)) Step forward and justify, why you voted not guilty?

Wow, Mod can you verify that? Were those votes all by noobies? If so maybe the rank of Private status to vote needs to be added to the court to eliminate false votes by the scammers....

28 now. Exactly the same number of Not Guilty votes in each Investtechfx poll every time I check, but different numbers of Guilty votes. I'm sure they'll change their tactics as soon as they realize they've been caught.

I'll wager that each and every one of these is an account created since the threads went public.

I'd hate to see voting restricted by rank, but maybe some method of blocking brand new accounts could be done?

In the meantime, GET OUT AND VOTE! - Don't let Investtechfx cheat any more than they already have.

CFTC already taking this compamy to the shed

I would imagine since the CFTC announced they're already suing this company and the company I had problems with. I would suggest everyone check the press release from the CFTC on Jan 26th and stay far from the the 14 on the list.
Long Live FPA!!!
Id love to see you guys track the net money you've recovered from these dirty scammers!

I had been quietly monitoring the voting situation. :unhappy:

I've got the programmers working on a way to restrict voting by age of accounts.

When the poll is done, all the voting accounts will be checked for IP overlaps, age of accounts, and anything else I can think of. Anything suspicious will be reported.

And take a look. Suddenly the perfectly equal Not Guilty votes aren't equal any more, and only after the pattern was pointed out.

Let me share some info. The FPA Traders Court exists to allow traders with an issue to be able to share the problem with other traders and to try to get help, information and honest opinions of fellow traders. My biggest worry when the idea of having votes come up has come true. Someone tried to engineer a verdict. Here's the evidence...

This case and Gonzzo's case both suddenly had 18 Not Guilty verdicts. Then they both had 25, then they both had 28. After this unlikely set of identical numbers was pointed out, one of them got 2 more.

If someone thinks a company isn't guilty, that's fine. Go ahead and vote Not Guilty. Go ahead and post your reasons in the thread. It would be best to post reasons before the voting starts, but if you come in late then post anyway. What I don't want to see if a bunch of accounts created for the sole purpose of voting.

I looked at the accounts that votes Guilty. A few were new. Most had been around for months or years. Most showed at least some activity in the forums. The accounts that voted Not Guilty on both InvestTech votes were different from the ones that voted Guilty. All 18 original Not Guilty votes were from brand new accounts created on February 28th. The next 10 were created on March 1st. The final 2 were created on March 2nd. One made a single post in the forums. Many of the rest only logged in long enough to vote and then logged out again.

I can't prove that InvestTech did this. I think I have sufficient evidence to say that this was a deliberate attempt by 1 person or a small group of people to rig the vote in InvestTech's favor.

The programmers are working on some new defenses against this sort of thing. In the meantime, the best solution is for real traders to come and place real votes. By shear numbers, we can work together to keep cheaters from rigging polls either way.

Last edited:
Back