Helping Traders with Complaints - A Success Story

Yeah Thumbs Up

Yes, I'd like to know too, just who a 'cheater' is? Someone who scalps? Someone who trades news, or is just someone who regularly makes more money than he loses i.e. a profitable trader?

Brokerages of any type, at their best, are supposed to be houses where BEST EXECUTION of all trades is achieved, period.

You're damn right vincenta. I agree with ya. Trading the forex is quite difficult but with brokerages like these :err: worse than difficult

Always check you brokerage's Terms of Service. If they ban scalping, ask them to define scalping in writing. If they ban news trading, ask them to define EXACTLY what they mean.

If a brokerage bans news trading, don't try to do news trades with them. If they ban scalping (and define it), then don't do anything that meets their definition of scalping. There are plenty of brokers out there, so find one that fits the kinds of trades you want to make.

If a brokerage clearly defines and bans news trading and you try to trade a major news event, then you are cheating. If they permit news trading, but always cancel your profitable news trades, then the company is cheating.

Trading News

I carefully study your response about trading on news. Please i want to know if trading the news is bad? and why will fxopen not allowing clients close profit position?. i need to know.

Thanks

Trading the news is not inherently bad, but not all brokers permit it. The concept of cheating comes in if either the broker or trader deliberately violates the terms of the trading agreements. I don't have an account with FxOpen, so am not sure what all of their policies are.

How does one define News? If one look at the calendar for the day, there is constantly news being announced at all different times of a day. Any broker which restricts one from trading news or around it even minutes later then all I can say is go find another broker since its telling me they are out to see you lose money [as we all know] and not for you to make money.

The kind of news trading that some brokerages prohibit involves trading the price spikes that happen around major news events. For the most part, brokers don't care if you hold trades during the news.

trading news

:cute: well i want to state categorically that trading the news in forex is not bad but its a 2 edged sword for u to trade the news you need experince since during this time the market is volatile. the issue with a broker not allowing one to trade the news calls for caution with such broker, but i think with pro like Felix i am safe.

I carefully study your response about trading on news. Please i want to know if trading the news is bad? and why will fxopen not allowing clients close profit position?. i need to know.

Thanks
Depending on the size of the broker, particularly with trading account services, they actually disassociate themselves immediately with any order, as do banks. What that means (in a picture)
A) You (have USD$$$ want EUR EEE), Your broker (has nothing), Other dude (has EUR EEE, will sell them for USD $$$)
B) You USD--> Your broker EUR <--- Other dude
C) You EUR, your broker (nothing), Other dude USD

When B happens, it's just like any store (they get the EUR in this case at cost) and sell it (to you) at the marked up price. But, there's a problem...You're not at 1:1 leverage, so you're actually 'buying' one lot of EUR. So the broker gets the profit from the markup, and can sometimes do it in house which means there are no other fees. So now you've borrowed cash and offered collateral for the one lot, and the 'other dude' either did that too or already has a deal and this cancels out the loaned cash. Regardless, the LOAN ON EACH SIDE CANCELS OUT for the broker. So what does this mean? It means that the broker holds zero risk, but gets to hold your account balance hostage...yikes...but there are two good things about this.
1) if they aren't investing companies, this means that the broker doesn't add additional risk to your investment.
2) it doesn't matter if you are one of the estimated ten percent of traders who are actually profitable.

So what's with the ramble?
You asked why they wouldn't allow news trading or scalping. In news trading you can get spikes in both directions to the tune of 40 pips before settling on a direction that lasts more than 20 seconds. If you attempt to trade in that time, then the broker is risking the 'risk free' status of completing both deals before the spread is no longer profitable on one side.
This is why our bro Pharaoh was asking for a definition of scalping, because if you're getting in and out of a deal in literally a fraction of a second, it's just not worth the risk to the broker to fill the deal.
Again, that's good for you so that you don't have the threat of a gazzillion super-human scalpers bankrupting your broker and leaving you with empty pockets. (That's rather impossible, but some big big big companies have supercomputers to do that, called flash trading...but its days may be numbered or already outlawed.)

Back