How many pips you make per week?

The targets that we have set in our trading will keep on varying and if we are wise we will use such a system that we are able to achieve them.

This is why we have to devise our own set of trading controls.

No trader can say that he will be able to meet his trading targets because it is not in his hands at all. So he must know about the trades he is doing and then only take a decision about it.

No trader can say that he will be able to meet his trading targets because it is not in his hands at all. So he must know about the trades he is doing and then only take a decision about it.

Trading has to become profitable for us because only after we will start getting some income from our trades we will be able to manage our finances well.

I think there is no fixed rule about how many pips to gain in each week to know that you're good or bad traders because gaining many pips in a week won't guarantee you to gain high number of dollars as income. If you had good money management then you don't need to gain high number of pips to gain much profits. But it is matter for traders to make target how many pips to gain weekly because it can become your consideration to determine the best money management to maximize profit when you could reach weekly target consistently.

There is no fixed rule, but you need to know your own capability. If you could gain 20 pips daily so it is better to make target about 60-100 pips weekly with assumption that you can win 20 pips at least in 3-4 days a week as your target to reach. Every person has his own consideration and risk taking in their psychology.

I think there is no fixed rule about how many pips to gain in each week to know that you're good or bad traders because gaining many pips in a week won't guarantee you to gain high number of dollars as income. If you had good money management then you don't need to gain high number of pips to gain much profits. But it is matter for traders to make target how many pips to gain weekly because it can become your consideration to determine the best money management to maximize profit when you could reach weekly target consistently.

There is no fixed rule, but you need to know your own capability. If you could gain 20 pips daily so it is better to make target about 60-100 pips weekly with assumption that you can win 20 pips at least in 3-4 days a week as your target to reach. Every person has his own consideration and risk taking in their psychology.

This is a good trading target and i myself follow this method but i have not fixed the number of pips because that will depend on the timing and the trends which i am able to get hold of.

So in the simple terns it is selective trading with money management and trying to maximize my gains during the week :)

This is a good trading target and i myself follow this method but i have not fixed the number of pips because that will depend on the timing and the trends which i am able to get hold of.

So in the simple terns it is selective trading with money management and trying to maximize my gains during the week :)

It is okay to use dynamic target but using fixed target has advantages too. If you're using proper risk reward ratio so it's easier when you're using fixed SL and TP point in each transaction than you should determine SL and TP point in every transaction. So, it's back to each trader's point of view about using fixed or dynamic target in each transaction.

I am absolutely agree on your view. If you become picky to only pick some good setup/safe trade only, you are unable to fix a precise rule on how many pips you gonna make per week.

How many pips you make per week? I believe this question wondering in my head for quite a long time. Of course I know how many pips I make per week, but I have joined some FB group and saw quite plenty of them said they make 1000 of pips per week. Are trading that easy? Not really in my opinion.

Basically, myself make about 100-200 pips per week and I can describe I have a great life now. Therefore, I start wondering what their life is with thousand of pips weekly. Have anyone heard of maybe 500 pips per week or know someone who able to do that?:confused:

For 100-200 pips a week how many pairs do you trade? And what type of trader are you?

For 100-200 pips a week how many pairs do you trade? And what type of trader are you?

I think if you got 100-200 pips weekly, it is still normal thing because the target is only 20-40 pips daily profit but it is not easy to realize to gain 100-200 pips weekly because realize consistent profit is hard thing to do. But if you want to make target to realize then 20-30 pips daily is not target which can't be realized so it can be good choice to create realistic target.

I think if you got 100-200 pips weekly, it is still normal thing because the target is only 20-40 pips daily profit but it is not easy to realize to gain 100-200 pips weekly because realize consistent profit is hard thing to do. But if you want to make target to realize then 20-30 pips daily is not target which can't be realized so it can be good choice to create realistic target.

That is true. However, weekly range of profit also depends on how many pairs you trade and which time frame you use for trading decisions; M15 would be 20-30 pips while D1 would be 100-200. Therefore trading on more pairs on larger time frame should yield more than 100 pips a week (of course, volatility is also factor here).

That is true. However, weekly range of profit also depends on how many pairs you trade and which time frame you use for trading decisions; M15 would be 20-30 pips while D1 would be 100-200. Therefore trading on more pairs on larger time frame should yield more than 100 pips a week (of course, volatility is also factor here).

The most important is keeping consistency in trading no matter you're using low time frame or high time frame because you can gain consistent profit no matter it is low time frame or high time frame.. If there is proper trading plan then you can be easier to reach your target. When there is trading plan, you can maximize profit and minimize loss.

Back