How many pips you make per week?

I think if you got 100-200 pips weekly, it is still normal thing because the target is only 20-40 pips daily profit but it is not easy to realize to gain 100-200 pips weekly because realize consistent profit is hard thing to do. But if you want to make target to realize then 20-30 pips daily is not target which can't be realized so it can be good choice to create realistic target.

Yes, still even 100-200 consistently per week is not that easy. Of course there are some days we might have bad weeks, but still, if good is more than bad, that's the most important factor of profit.

That is true. However, weekly range of profit also depends on how many pairs you trade and which time frame you use for trading decisions; M15 would be 20-30 pips while D1 would be 100-200. Therefore trading on more pairs on larger time frame should yield more than 100 pips a week (of course, volatility is also factor here).

I do agree on you, but frankly said, I don't trade on D1 and usually my loss are less than 20 pips per trade. Market sentiment change too fast, therefore, I don't like to trade larger time frame but will use them as a reference work.

I do agree on you, but frankly said, I don't trade on D1 and usually my loss are less than 20 pips per trade. Market sentiment change too fast, therefore, I don't like to trade larger time frame but will use them as a reference work.
And how many pips do you put for take profit?

I do not have a target pips per week. So trading with ease. For some time now I have not been actively trading, while raising capital.

I do not have a target pips per week. So trading with ease. For some time now I have not been actively trading, while raising capital.
Indeed raising the capital is also one of the most important consideration for the traders such that with such good amount of capital one can make good money even with reaching small target.

When I used to trade (several years ago), I was lucky to get into one or two positions per month.

Just one position with several hundred pips target can generate a reasonable alpha, but the retail sector is dependent on traders entering dozens of positions per day.

And how many pips do you put for take profit?

It still depends how strong are those move. Usually, I will lock half of my position with about 15 -25 pips, and let remains run until exit signal. I try before run with half position with about 100 pips. Still, it depends on instruments and market sentiment.

It still depends how strong are those move. Usually, I will lock half of my position with about 15 -25 pips, and let remains run until exit signal. I try before run with half position with about 100 pips. Still, it depends on instruments and market sentiment.
I do not have a target pips per week, which is an important trading only. This is because it is flexible. So you can trade and profit.

Sounds like a solid plan.

Yes, still even 100-200 consistently per week is not that easy. Of course there are some days we might have bad weeks, but still, if good is more than bad, that's the most important factor of profit.

Yes, you're right. It's not easy to gain 100-200 pips weekly because it means 20-40 pips daily profit as target. Maybe it looks few pips only to gain 20 pips in a day but it is not easy to gain 20 pips daily in trading especially for newbie trading. It is right that you could experience bad weeks and you couldn't reach the target but it's okay as long as you don't lose much too.

Back