Itcfx

bkay

Recruit
My partner and I have been trading for years and recently decided to diversify and use a broker abroad. Alas, we found ITCFX and opened two accounts i.e one in my name, and one in my partner's name.

My partner has been trying to withdraw money from his account since Monday, and was alarmed to read some negative ratings on the company and got me onto their case.

Basically, the chap first said it would take 14 days to get the funds requested out - then I asked 'why so long', which he said all brokers take 14 days (which isn't the case with AvaFX and Alpari that we've used for years'). I explained to him we opened those specific accounts because I recently lost my job and we wanted to use these separate accounts to our Alpari and AvaFX ones to pay our bills - and that my husband had been trading 24 hours on some days (on the account he was trying to withdraw money from, which was his own account) just to make sure we made it. I told the operator "Dave Young" that if we didn't get our money out soon, I'd be reporting to their registering company (they are registered in Anguilla apparently).

Dave Young then wrote "your husband is to blame for registering with an unregulated company" and that "he needs to be patient". The same Dave Young then contacted my husband at work to call him a "liar" and to accuse him of trading on my behalf which is illegal.

My partner tried to explain to him that he'd only taken two trades on my account on my behalf (in three months) when I was laid up in hospital having surgery, and these were trades I'd instructed him to take (I'm registered on Forex Factory under the name "IbKA" and have been trading for years, and was posting regularly there till 2011 or so).

My partner told me to apologise to him for threatening to report him, which I did, along with 'begging' him to give us our money - then Dave Young replied with a message stating the following:

" if you guys do not have money why do you risk it in the forex market? i cant promise things i have no power on them. i understand your situation but next time do not invest money that you cannot afford loosing. i am dealing with your husband on skype have a good day there is nothing you can say or do its not up to me".

He continued to correspond with my partner on Skype - suggesting his a liar, with the aim presumably to get my partner to lose his cool and tell him to keep the money or something! I can't make a withdrawal request on my account yet, as I haven't traded the required number of lots yet to make a withdrawal but I'm worried I won't get my funds and profit back from ITCFX when its time for me to request a personal withdrawal.

I immediately connected with some ministry officials in Anguilla on LinkedIn to seek their advice and here's what one had to say:

"Suggest you report this to your local police station and request that they relay the information to the Financial Investigation Unit in Anguilla, British West indies. The police will have a process for this".

I'm unsure whether to wait for a few days' to see if my husband's withdrawal requests are actually processed, whilst I continue trading up to the required 100 lots and see if they give both of us our money and profit back before reporting, or if I should just start kicking up a fuss now - considering Dave Young has said 'It's up to them' i.e. whoever 'them' is.

Could someone tell me how to go about getting our initially deposited funds, PLUS our profit from ITCFX PLEASE?

How did you deposit? If it's by credit card, and if they refuse to process withdrawals, contact the fraud department at your card's bank immediately and discuss the possibility of a chargeback. This may regain your initial deposit, but would be likely to remove any chance of getting your profits.

Trading another person's account without a signed LPOA is not illegal. it is usually a violation of a broker's TOS. In this case, those trades (and ONLY those trades) may be nullified.

You might want to have a talk with that Financial Investigation Unit.

It won't be easy to take out your money from this broker. Offshore financial companies often have ToS which secure them from international prosecution (of course if there is not involved mil of dollars and thousands of scammed clients)

I registered to this broker several months ago but didn't deposit there because I hesitate on their security
my first and only alert was their client cabinet has no SSL which means they are lack of protection on their website and of course on their database as well

you might consider asking Dave to join this thread

Back