Minimum investment

The BIGGEST mistake and mindset of wannabe-trader is in thinking & believing that you can make fabulous amount of money in a very short time by trading the forex market. I TOO made that mistake and have, time and again, paid very dearly from that mindset.

This is so good. Everyone when start beginning in trading with this kind of mindset and even myself. Don't worry mate, we are in the same boat. :D

That's why I will advise downtrend to either stop or bag more experience and knowledge 1st before step in either to demo or live trading. Change that kind of silly mindset, because if 1 profitable trader can do good in big account, it is the same thing they can do it in smaller account. The important are not big or small account that matters, it is the trader own mindset.

I think USD 1,000 is already a minimum requirement to start trading. Some member here say it is a lot in their country, and same as in my country. But think about it, if you treat Forex Trading as business, you can't find any business as low as USD 1,000. So it is not a lot when you take Forex as a business view.

I agree with you, but mostly traders trade as part time so even if any person in my country is making 200 - 300$ per month besides his regular pay or earning then its plenty of money. And making 200 - 300$ on a 1000$ account is fairly possible.

I agree with you, but mostly traders trade as part time so even if any person in my country is making 200 - 300$ per month besides his regular pay or earning then its plenty of money. And making 200 - 300$ on a 1000$ account is fairly possible.

If you are not trading full time, I don't think USD 1,000 account can make another 200-300 per month. Yes, it is possible to make 20% per month, but you will work like a cow rather than trading healthy. But if you put more than 30 pips SL in a trade and trading higher time frame, it is almost difficult to earn 20% per month. Ask yourself, a Major Instrument move for 50 - 80 pips against previous day on average per day, how many pips you could get it? 50% out of the range could consider as highly accurate trader, but if your risk is more than 30 pips, it is still not profitable trading in long run.

If you are not trading full time, I don't think USD 1,000 account can make another 200-300 per month. Yes, it is possible to make 20% per month, but you will work like a cow rather than trading healthy. But if you put more than 30 pips SL in a trade and trading higher time frame, it is almost difficult to earn 20% per month. Ask yourself, a Major Instrument move for 50 - 80 pips against previous day on average per day, how many pips you could get it? 50% out of the range could consider as highly accurate trader, but if your risk is more than 30 pips, it is still not profitable trading in long run.

I would say 1000.00 is not a sufficient amount but everyone is different about what they can afford to loose. It's a case by case basis.

Okay, let's put it this way:

On a usd1,000 trading account, if you make just 0.1% daily profits, that would be usd1 and equals usd260 or 26% a year (based on 260 trading days).

How much does your bank, or any other bank in the world, pays you for your fixed deposit????:cool:

Okay, let's put it this way:

On a usd1,000 trading account, if you make just 0.1% daily profits, that would be usd1 and equals usd260 or 26% a year (based on 260 trading days).

How much does your bank, or any other bank in the world, pays you for your fixed deposit????:cool:

Perfect mindset for trading. :cool:

Its more of individual affordability, but with good amount to invest then you can manage your trades very well, so the more you invest its better, but do invest with proper care.

It's very important you invest what you can afford to loose and not what you can't be comfortable with but we can't deny the fact that huge capital is really important if you would like to gain good too. It depends on the individual and the amount he can afford for himself to trade forex.

It's very important you invest what you can afford to loose and not what you can't be comfortable with but we can't deny the fact that huge capital is really important if you would like to gain good too. It depends on the individual and the amount he can afford for himself to trade forex.

I think you're right. It is better to invest money which you can afford to lose so you can trade without to much worry when condition of market is different with first analysis. As I know, there is no rule about minimum investment in trading because it is possible to trade with small amount of fund in forex currently. But I suggest to trade with capital not less than $100 so you can prepare money management well.

Back