no more credit card funding cftc nfa

sun85

Private, 1st Class
hi all, just receive this news feed from NFA.
So no more credit card funding.

For Immediate Release

For More Information Contact:
Alex Vorro (312) 781-1454, avorro@nfa.futures.org
Karen Wuertz (312) 781-1335, kwuertz@nfa.futures.org

CFTC approves NFA's prohibition of credit cards to fund retail forex accounts

December 4, Chicago — National Futures Association (NFA) announced this week that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has approved its Interpretive Notice to NFA Compliance Rules 2-4 and 2-36, which bans the use of credit cards to fund retail forex and futures accounts. The Interpretive Notice becomes effective Jan. 31, 2015.

Although NFA's Interpretive Notice prohibits the use of credit cards to fund both futures and retail forex accounts, NFA determined that futures commission merchants currently don't permit this practice.

"Since our inception, NFA has been committed to protecting investors," says NFA President and CEO Dan Roth. "Forex and futures markets are both high-risk and volatile, and individuals who wish to participate should use only risk capital to fund their accounts. Allowing customers to fund accounts with credit cards encourages them to trade with borrowed money."

This prohibition is a direct result of an extensive study by NFA of forex dealer members' business practices. NFA looked at more than 15,000 retail forex accounts and noted that an overwhelming amount of these accounts were funded by small retail customers using a credit card or borrowed funds, and a majority of these accounts were unprofitable.

"Over the last decade, NFA has made significant strides in its regulation of the retail forex markets," Roth says. "From the increase in capital requirements to mandating content requirements so that all customers could receive comprehensive and accurate account information, this ban is just another very important step to fulfill our mission to protect customers."

hi all, just receive this news feed from NFA.
So no more credit card funding.

For Immediate Release

For More Information Contact:
Alex Vorro (312) 781-1454, avorro@nfa.futures.org
Karen Wuertz (312) 781-1335, kwuertz@nfa.futures.org

CFTC approves NFA's prohibition of credit cards to fund retail forex accounts

December 4, Chicago — National Futures Association (NFA) announced this week that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has approved its Interpretive Notice to NFA Compliance Rules 2-4 and 2-36, which bans the use of credit cards to fund retail forex and futures accounts. The Interpretive Notice becomes effective Jan. 31, 2015.

Although NFA's Interpretive Notice prohibits the use of credit cards to fund both futures and retail forex accounts, NFA determined that futures commission merchants currently don't permit this practice.

"Since our inception, NFA has been committed to protecting investors," says NFA President and CEO Dan Roth. "Forex and futures markets are both high-risk and volatile, and individuals who wish to participate should use only risk capital to fund their accounts. Allowing customers to fund accounts with credit cards encourages them to trade with borrowed money."

This prohibition is a direct result of an extensive study by NFA of forex dealer members' business practices. NFA looked at more than 15,000 retail forex accounts and noted that an overwhelming amount of these accounts were funded by small retail customers using a credit card or borrowed funds, and a majority of these accounts were unprofitable.

"Over the last decade, NFA has made significant strides in its regulation of the retail forex markets," Roth says. "From the increase in capital requirements to mandating content requirements so that all customers could receive comprehensive and accurate account information, this ban is just another very important step to fulfill our mission to protect customers."

What's the point on these? There are so many payment providers out there that accept Credit Card. It just makes trader more liability to go through on another payment providers charges.

What's the point on these? There are so many payment providers out there that accept Credit Card. It just makes trader more liability to go through on another payment providers charges.

These "payment providers" are one more step on which we hope those moronic dudes consider for a moment before depositing bank loans to trade in high-risk speculative environment.:)

I wholeheartedly agree that people shouldn't borrow money to fund any trading account, but I fear this will just drive more traders to offshore brokers.

These "payment providers" are one more step on which we hope those moronic dudes consider for a moment before depositing bank loans to trade in high-risk speculative environment.:)

I think it is not easy to get rid of those payment providers. Unless the regulatory strict announcement that the broker can't accept any payment from them. And it is not easy to do so.

Really is funny when easy credit isn't so easy anymore:p

It is not funny to me. Easy credit are for other usage, instead of going for gaming because a lot of people doesn't have enough experience in trading and treat trading as gambling. I believe it is kind of protection as well.

I wholeheartedly agree that people shouldn't borrow money to fund any trading account, but I fear this will just drive more traders to offshore brokers.

Yeah, absolutely agree. Trade only with money that we can risk on the table instead of borrow money to trade. I thought I am the only who don't like and don't join any offshore brokers.:D

Yeah, absolutely agree. Trade only with money that we can risk on the table instead of borrow money to trade. I thought I am the only who don't like and don't join any offshore brokers.:D

If a person borrow money to cover their lose then its probably gambling as per my opinion :).

How to fund broker accounts then ? Even we use a payment provider we need to upload funds to it through Credit Cards as Paypal is not support for some Asian countries

Back