Review Moderation or Kindergarten?

If you privately says something terrible to a company and then post a review, the FPA should...

• Punish you for being a bad person by never letting you leave any review for the company.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Make your review sit in a corner and only approve it later.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • Make you report to FPA HQ for a spanking before approving your review.

Votes: 19 13.4%
  • Tell the company that FPA review moderation is not part of kindergarten.

Votes: 111 78.2%

• Total voters
The FPA has some standards for content of reviews. I try to get my moderators to edit out the profanity. Anything really over the top doesn't get approved.

Many companies want negative reviews and forums posts taken down. Removal is a rare thing and is covered here...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/comm...sts-at-the-forex-peace-army-be-removed.42569/

One reason I wrote that FAQ item was to reduce a certain type of complaint from companies. It can be summarized as "WAAAHHH!!!! Bad reviewer said something that hurt my feelings! Make the bad review go away!"

I'm trying to run a useful site for forex investors, not a kindergarten. Sometimes factual reviews hurt. Sometimes a reviewer misunderstands, exaggerates, or even lies. That's why I had the programmers set up a way for companies to submit comments which tie directly to reviews. This way both sides get their say. The FPA also does mediation for free.

Recently, an inoffensive negative review came in. The company asked the FPA to investigate and remove the review. The request wasn't based on what the reviewer posted. Instead it was because the reviewer had used some very harsh and offensive language in a private email. I read the email. It really was vile and offensive. The reviewer admitted to sending an offensive email because he was very angry. If what was in the email had come in as a review, it would not have been approved. If what was in the email had been posted in the forums, I'd have banned the user and deleted or edited the post. Instead, the review was written in perfectly acceptable language.

Here's were I want your input in drawing the line.

Pretend you are a client of a company. You and the company get into a heated disagreement. In a private email, chat, or phone call to the company, you lose your temper and say something untrue and deeply offensive. Later, you calm down and submit a simple negative review.

Should I...

a. Punish you for being a bad person by never letting you leave any review for the company.

b. Make your review sit in a corner and only approve it later.

c. Make you report to FPA HQ for a spanking before approving your review.

d. Tell the company that FPA review moderation is not part of kindergarten.

I hope most people pick choice d. Otherwise, I'll have companies sending me hundreds of emails with things ranging from "I don't like your company." to "I'm going to desecrate your mother's grave." as proof that the reviewer has been a bad person and shouldn't ever be allowed to post reviews.
ok D is a good answer! they are all quite good....you know so many of us are very angry at the scamming situations that are happening, so I guess sometimes, let a little wind out of those sails, and give em hell!

There is no doubt that FPA is best for exposing scam brokers. As forex runs with fully online based working process and making huge money is possible here there are also huge chance of scamming. But trader can get solution from FPA. But FPA has no control on private communication of brokers. FPA only concern on rather trader or broker runs their trading operations within the legate trading boundary. If anyone give negative review under FPA range they must go through their review and take action against the comment.

Choice D: Also, FPA should not bother about personal emails between a client and his broker. It should only bother about what gets posted here. It seems strange that a company wants a review removed based on an earlier offensive email from her client. Is the review wrong? If it is, let the company state her own side of the issue

There is no doubt that FPA is best for exposing scam brokers. As forex runs with fully online based working process and making huge money is possible here there are also huge chance of scamming. But trader can get solution from FPA. But FPA has no control on private communication of brokers. FPA only concern on rather trader or broker runs their trading operations within the legate trading boundary. If anyone give negative review under FPA range they must go through their review and take action against the comment.

Are there any cases on FPA where decision was ruled in favor of trader and broker made respective compensations?

Back