Scam alert: WorldWideMarkets

burrocampeador

Private
WorldWideMarkets (worldwidemarkets.com) is a SCAM. Don't join them!! I have proofs.

They are market makers. It looks that, when you win, they loose. They give you very good prices, specially during news. But when you want to withdraw your profits, the cancel your account and all your trades. After a long wait, they finally give you back your initial money (not your profits).

I am a news spike trader, so I usually have a 30% monthly. I opened an account with WorldWideMarkets on July 2013. It was the recommended broker for a spanish-language news service called "Autoclick news institucional" (autoclicknews.com). The autoclicknews boys had refer with this broker, so the broker knew perfectly that we did news spike trading.

Everything was great for 6 months (good prices, good service), until I requested my first withdrawal on 20th December. Then, they dissapeared: they didn't confirm my withdrawal request by email, they didn't answer my emails... 3 weeks waiting to my money without news or answers. Finally, on 8th January, they emailed to me the following "suspension notice":

"Effective January 7, 2014, your Trading Account(s) with WWM is suspended per Section 18.5 of the Customer Agreement. WWM is conducting an investigation, which will be completed by January 21. During this time, you will only be allowed to close Open Positions. No trades may be placed, nor may funds be withdrawn."

Again, they didn't answer my emails asking for further information about the causes of my suspension. No feedback until the final "account termination notice", on 22th January:

"Per our letter to you on January 7, 2014, we have conclude the investigation of your Trading Account(s) referenced above. WWM has concluded that these accounts have violated our Customer Agreement, specifically sections 14. Manifest Error; 15. Arbitrage; 16. Price, Execution and Platform Manipulation.
WWM is exercising its rights under the Customer Agreement to (1) void all trades and placed in the account; and (2) terminate your account and refund deposited funds from the applicable account unless withdrawn funds have exceeded the deposited amount."

Then, I asked for deeper explanations, but they never answered any of my emails. I tried to communicate with them using their live chat, but they never gave me relevant information. The same by telephone.

Reading the terms and conditions, I didn't violate any of the mentioned sections. There was no manifest error or price/execution/platform manipulation: I traded with the price they gave to me at each moment, using their MT4 platform. Of course, I didn't arbitrage... I did news trading, that is very different than arbitrage and it is a common and simple strategy. In fact, they allowed me to trade without problems for months until I tried to withdraw my money on December 2013.

Finally, after a long wait without any answer of my emails, I received my initial money (not the profits) on 7th February. I lose about 20.000 euros of profits.

Don't join this broker! It is a big scam!

Send an email to every address you can find at WorldWideMarkets. Invite them to join this discussion thread and explain what is happening.

Done! Thank you Pharaoh. The email that I has sent is:

To: "Legal@worldwidemarkets.com" <legal@worldwidemarkets.com>, withdraw@worldwidemarkets.com,
jliva@worldwidemarkets.com, Maria Torres <mtorres@worldwidemarkets.com>,
tplaut@worldwidemarkets.com, randriulli@worldwidemarkets.com,
aDembro@worldwidemarkets.com, bassam maalouf <bmaalouf@worldwidemarkets.com>,
woleary@worldwidemarkets.com, sSantamouris@worldwidemarkets.com,
jtrevisani@worldwidemarkets.com

Dear sirs/madams of World Wide Markets Ltd:

Due to your lack of response, we have initiated a new thread in the "Scam
Alerts Folder" of "Forex Peace Army". You are invited to join the
discussion thread and explain what is happening:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/scam-alerts-folder/33864-scam-ale=
rt-worldwidemarkets.html

Greetings.

WorldWideMarkets BIG SCAM

First, I would like to apologize about my English, not my native language .

I happened to exactly what burrocampeador , have been the victim of a scam by WorldWideMarkets .

I trade from Spain , I do not work on any broker , I'm not WorldWideMarkets competition , I say it sometimes seems that the good reviews come from friends of the broker and the bad reviews of competition.

In my case I am an individual who also have been scammed by WorldWideMarket , they were left with nearly $ 5,000 of my earnings , they closed my account for no reason and it took a few months to return the money they originally got .

WorldWideMarkets broker is a scammer , in fact, I had never cheated in this way.

For all this I appeal to any who read these lines and is looking for a broker to work . Do not open an account with WorldWideMarkets , if you win some money will be exactly like Monopoly money .... nothing .

If someone wants to widen further information, I have no problem doing . I hope , at least I can help someone hesitant to fall into the hands of these unpresentable .

Alberto

First this company dont give good prices they have big spread , second try to contact them to explain your situation here in the forum

First this company dont give good prices they have big spread , second try to contact them to explain your situation here in the forum

WorldWideMarkets had 4 pips of spread... but this spread was constant (during news as well). This is very good for a news spike trader like me. That is the reason because I think the prices were good. I won a 200% of profit in 6 months.

I tried to send them a lot of emails to solve this matter friendly, but they never answered.

I have sent an email inviting them to join this thread, as you can see in my previous post.

WorldWideMarkets is regulated by the British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission (BVI-FSC). Therefore, I have just sent to BVI-FSC a formal complaint against WorldWideMarkets (with WorldWideMarkets in CC field of the email).

Get screenshots of all their terms and conditions. As far as I know, there's no such thing as a truly fixed spread broker that allows traders to keep profits from trading news spikes. Real market spreads widen at those times, and brokers don't give away free money because they are nice people.

Of course, there are brokers that say they allow this on fixed spread accounts and then cancel the trades if the trader tries to get profits.

Get screenshots of all their terms and conditions.

I attach a PDF file with their terms and conditions. I have downloaded from https://www.worldwidemarkets.com/wwm/Portals/0/docs/IndividualAgreement.pdf

As far as I know, there's no such thing as a truly fixed spread broker that allows traders to keep profits from trading news spikes. Real market spreads widen at those times, and brokers don't give away free money because they are nice people. Of course, there are brokers that say they allow this on fixed spread accounts and then cancel the trades if the trader tries to get profits.

You are right, but anyway I think this is a scam. For example: other market makers cancel your account when you profit, but they don't steal your earned money... they give you back your initial money and your profits.

Attachments

• IndividualAgreement.pdf
    234.7 KB · Views: 1
Back