• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

The Numbers Fund

kelix

Private, 1st Class
Seems to be recommended from "The One Group" here in the UAE.

website is http://numbers.fund

Seems a standard wordpress template running and they've published some of their results.

They been around since 2009 apparently but not seen them mentioned anywhere here yet which was a bit odd.

Attached is their deeper PDF, any thoughts?

AsstModerator Note: Next time, post the one that doesn't have your personal banking info. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That typo on the pdf seems a little surprising. I hope this is am example form and not a suggestion to send your money to another individual's account.

Numbers.fund has anonymous registration. For a company which wants to have control over your money, this does not inspire confidence. The domain was originally registered last year to:

Registrant Name: Adam Hurst
Registrant Organization: The ONE Group
Registrant Street: Aspect Tower
Registrant City: Dubai
Registrant State/Province: Dubai
Registrant Postal Code: 35970
Registrant Country: AE
Registrant Phone: +971.800663663
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: theonegroup@one-group.co

one-group.co and theonegroup.co promote alternative investments.

You can see the two people who are supposed to be begind nimbers fund also listed at nkycapital.com

Registrant Name: NKY Capital UK Limited NKY Capital UK Limited
Registrant Organization: NKY Capital UK Limited
Registrant Street: 124 Baker St. Westminster
Registrant City: London
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: W1U 6TY
Registrant Country: GB
Registrant Phone: +44.2079512000
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext.:
Registrant Email: enquires@nkycapital.net

Overall, I'd want a lot more info, including acess to verified trading records.

Attached is their brochureware on the product.. thanks Pharaoh for your help so far :)

I'm going to break with my usual tradition and say one good thing. :D That brochure does show the money is with a well regulated bank/broker. This is not a guarantee that all is perfect, but at least there shouldn't be any major worries of the broker doing anything wrong.

No fees other than profit share is good, BUT, the part about profits is missing the magic phrase "High Water Mark". So, lets say they lose 10% the first month and then make it back the next month. With high water mark profit sharing, you owe them nothing. Without it, you pay a fee of the "profits" which are really recoveries of your losses. It is possible that this is an oversight by the person who designed the brochure, but it' a big one. NEVER put money on profit share unless the profit share contract (and LPOA with the broker) clearly specify that it's high water mark.

Make certain that if you open an account with the broker that it's NOT under the management company's IB. They are entitled to a share of profits. If they are also IBs, that means they get a cut of spread/commissions on each trade, winning or losing. That's an incentive to churn an account.

Results page mixes backtests with forward tests. Backtests are ONLY useful in telling if a trading plan is worth forward testing. Demand detailed trading records from a live forward test on the broker they use.

Registered office in the Seychelles. That does not inspire confidence.

Seems to be recommended from "The One Group" here in the UAE.

website is http://numbers.fund

Seems a standard wordpress template running and they've published some of their results.

They been around since 2009 apparently but not seen them mentioned anywhere here yet which was a bit odd.

Their website seems not working, I even tried to google and their link seems not valid, at least today when I tried, anyone else experienced issues trying to access?

The brochure looks nice, but without a third party verified to check the trades, everything that's on the brochure can be manipulated, I never heard about this company before, but since I can't open the website, I can't review it properly.

Their website seems not working, I even tried to google and their link seems not valid, at least today when I tried, anyone else experienced issues trying to access?

The brochure looks nice, but without a third party verified to check the trades, everything that's on the brochure can be manipulated, I never heard about this company before, but since I can't open the website, I can't review it properly.

I have the same problems with several browsers. And I got a warnig from Avast Antivirus about a trojan on that website, too.
The website script doesn't seem to be loading properly, and this is not very reassuring for any company on the internet.
The only way I can access that website is through my mobile.

numbers.fund/past-performance

I totally agree with Marcelo about the third party verification.

@kelix
Maybe you can inform them to check their script and to connect their trading account with with myfxbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back