• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem AvaTrade is a scam

I am having an issue with a company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
@moonvalley If they lied before, they will lie again. Wait until they actually honor their request (e.g. you receive your withdrawal) before you get too excited.

In fact, you should reply that they can post any legitimate correspondence here or in the trader's court thread.

It wouldn't matter if they had 1000 new request to open new accounts. They have a fiduciary responsibility to process existing clients withdraws immediately (within 1 business day).

Last edited:
Hi Moonvalley,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

I hope it gets resolved, do leave us hopefully an update and for it to be reference to others :)

Our account manager emailed to me last night saying I should withdraw the first USD500 into my credit card account first before the remaining can be transferred to my saving account via bank wire. I replied I have already cleared those deposits, and that it does not matter to me which of my accounts receive the money. This morning, I also asked why so far the withdrawals had not been processed yet.

I will give an update again.

Attachments

• avatrade 2800.jpg
    avatrade 2800.jpg
    722.4 KB · Views: 4
Our account manager emailed to me last night saying I should withdraw the first USD500 into my credit card account first before the remaining can be transferred to my saving account via bank wire. I replied I have already cleared those deposits, and that it does not matter to me which of my accounts receive the money. This morning, I also asked why so far the withdrawals had not been processed yet.

I will give an update again.
Keep us updated :)

Anyway, I just realized prior to this court case, many days after our withdrawal requests, AvaTrade did send to us two emails, one on 24 December 2017 and another on 16 January 2018, telling us that the withdrawal of one of the accounts could not be processed because of some reasons. However, they did not reply me directly, but instead sent it to my father who had not been checking his emails. Also, they had no reason for not processing the withdrawal of my account which is separate from my father's.

Filing a court case here must have infuriated them. They are now trying to delay our payment deliberately by beating around the bush. How efficient, AvaTrade!

...more about their 'professionalism' later...

I would focus 99% of your efforts on your FPA court case and the Australian FOS complaint.

Don't waste your time on anymore empty promises here.

Back