AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) Review Visit site

Updated: Apr 18, 2019
Summer 2018:  The FPA asks ALL AvaTrade reviewers  to please include their account number in their review.

If you submit a review and it is not approved within 5 business days, please CLICK HERE, read the message, and fill out the form if necessary.  EVERY person who submits information from the form will get a reply from the FPA.

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

AvaTrade is a forex broker. Ava Trade offers the MT4 and Mobile trading currency platforms. AvaTrade.com offers currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, indices, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com)

Information

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Maximum Leverage:400:1
Minimum to Open Live:$100
Established:2006
Address:Five Lamps Place, 77-80 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, DO1A742, Dublin, Ireland
Contact:customer@avatrade.com, 353 766803327
Regulators and registration numbers: ASIC #406684, CBI #C53877, FFAJ #1574, FSA #1662, FSCA #45984, BVI FSC #
Trading platforms:MT4, MT5, AvaOptions, AvaTradeGO
Currencies:(55+)
Cryptocurrencies:(10+) Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
CFD:(110+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
PAMM: No
Deposit Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, Neteller, Skrill, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, Neteller, Skrill, WebMoney

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) on our forum

Case IDFiledCase nameVerdict
2013-0982013-08-12Tradetowin vs. AvaTrade.comresolved
2011-0112011-02-11M4re vs. AvaFX.comguilty

AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) profile provided by Desmond McNulty, Apr 22, 2013

Ava was launched in 2006 offering online Forex trading. Since then it has expanded into offering CFD trading on commodities, stocks, indices & bonds. It is one of the world’s most popular brokers, with more than 200,000 registered customers and an annual turnover of more than $400 billion in 2012. New features for the launch of AvaTrade include:

• New & improved website utilizing the latest technology

• ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds) added to Ava’s selection of 200+ instruments

• Mac-compatible Ava MetaTrader 4 available for first time

• MetaTrader 4 accessible as fully-featured web trader and smartphone app

• New training videos and free online trading course

• First CFD broker to introduce segregated client custodial accounts

tuguldur,
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia,
Apr 10, 2019,

I've had several withdrawals in the past, but it took them 7-14 days to process them. Everytime they make some silly excuses. This time however I'm getting another excuses from them. Since last week I've tried to withdraw some funds from my account but it got denied very quickly. The reason?
The reason was that my address not being "approved". I'm like what????? I've been a costumer gosh I don't know for how long (at least 5yrs). And in the past I've had several withdrawals too.
So to solve the problem I've send all my available documents my id's (front,back), driver's license including notorious translated documents. But after each upload of my documents I receive an automatic message "Unfortunately, one or more of the documents you have submitted could not be approved."
Whenever I sent I got those messages, no living soul would try help, so ofcourse I get mad and start cursing at live support. And all I get is that same reply that she doesn't work at the certain department. So she is not help at all or try to get someone over to this issue. Anywayz somehow I finally got my account approved "again"(after 5days).
So I'm trying to withdraw my fund again on Friday 5th of April . Next Monday (8th) I see my withdrawal fund deposited back to my mt4 account again. And I receive no messages as to why my fund was denied again not even automatic message. Ofcourse at this time I get mad as well and contact the live support again. This time the live support tells me that It got denied because on my withdrawal form I've placed my bank's beneficiary account number instead of my visa card number. What the hell right?
They tell me this time that I have to write my visa card on my SWIFT transaction form. And to my knowledge my bank would simply deny any transaction if it doesn't provide my actual bank account number. I've asked my bank would they accept the transaction if i wrote the visa card number. The answer is NO, due to visa's security measures, no third company is allowed to have my visa card number including Avatrade. So it means Avatrade is trying to steal my visa card number?
Maybe not, but I've made several withdrawals in the past and why now??? And this is my 11th day since I'm trying to withdraw my fund. No personal assistant showed up to help. So until then I will call it SCAM.
iF ANY Representative is looking at this my account number is 5709669 and I even posted this issue on avatrade's facebook.

Jul 5, 2017 - 1 Star I'v been trading with Ava for several years and I won't say that I was fortunate trader that I have been able to withdraw my money by trading. But I can surely say that I've brought some costumers with huge money which they ended up losing money. Which gives me commissions even if they lose, but Avatrade doesn't stand by their contract.
I have accumulated some $900 but after sending withdrawal request it's been 5 days. And today I've received some strange email

Dear Tuguldur Munkh-Ochir,

Please note that the withdrawal you requested cannot be processed at this time.
For more information feel free to contact your personal account manager for more details.
Your withdrawal cannot be processed at the moment due to one of the following reasons:
· Your AvaTrade account is not fully verified.
In this case, please make sure that you have sent all the documents required for verification.
· You haven’t traded the volume of your bonus.
Your trading volume has not reached the required volume in order to keep the bonus in your account. You will either need to cancel the bonus or change the withdrawal amount.
Please contact your account manager for more details.
· Your account doesn’t have sufficient funds in your account to make this withdrawal.
If you wish to proceed with the withdrawal, you may need to close open positions or request for a new withdrawal for a lower amount.
· Incorrect payment method.
Please note that, up to the amount of your investment must be returned through the same payment method that was used to fund the account.
In this case, you may be required to open a new withdraw request to the correct payment method.
Note: the withdrawal process may take up to 5 business days to be processed and sent if all information is correct. Please be advised that Saturday and Sunday are not business days.

If you have any questions, try our extensive list of Frequently Asked Questions page or contact our customer support team through Live Chat, email or phone (+1-212-941-9609).
Thanks for choosing AvaTrade. We wish you successful trading!

Reply by AvaTrade submitted Jul 13, 2017 Hi Tuguldur,

Please send to feedback@avatrade.com your account number and contact details. We will check your account and get back to you shortly. Thanks!
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Apr 11, 2019:
Dear Tuguldur,

Thank you for the detailed review, and thank you for providing your account number.

You were advised to withdraw via credit card simply because you deposited via credit card. According to regulations, the withdrawals need to be processed towards the same payment method used for the deposit. You have made 3 deposits with said credit card in the past 6 months, and the latest is from the 19th of March. The deposits can be made only once you log into your personal account on our website, and only if you select the payment method and put in the credit card details, therefore, no, AvaTrade does not, and would not "steal" your credit card number. Furthermore, you have made a withdrawal request just earlier today, the 10th of April, which has already been processed. The difference this time is that you indeed made a withdrawal request towards your credit card. What you were advised by our Customer Service Department is valid and correct. The payment method restrictions are mandatory according to regulations in order to prevent money laundering or fraud attempts. The withdrawal request you made today should be completely processed within 5-7 business days.

Alexiano1,
Mexico,
Mar 9, 2019,

I have sent a thousand and one emails, I have waited 3 months, and I continue to give the same damn response to their executives, when I have already informed them that the letter of no refund that the bank asks me can not provide ... they only put pretexts , to not send my money, yesterday I tried to withdraw the rest of my money by transfer, and they do not leave me either, knowing that if I do it with a credit card, the withdrawal will not come again. Damn scammers, thieves,. They have not escalated my problem to any department and I want my money and solution, meanwhile I will publish in forums that are scam ..... will they pay attention to my case or what happens? ACCOUNT 76022058

CLIENT A10531512
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Mar 25, 2019:
Dear Alexiano1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Any bank should be able to issue a letter of non- receipt as it is required to prove to the sending bank that you have not received the funds you transferred. The document is required by the bank, not by AvaTrade. A query has already been sent out and we are awaiting the bank's reply. You will be notified immediately once there is an update.

Thomas,
Denmark,
Feb 26, 2019,

Horrible company... takes them forever to withdrawal your money and they keep coming with excuses for not sending you your money. terrible service.
Dear Thomas,

Please provide us with your trading account number for further assistance. We are unable to help you if we cannot locate your account.

Backyard Trader,
Mindanao, Philippines,
Feb 26, 2019,

AVOID AVATRADE AT ALL COST!

AvaTrade sucks! Please do not be fooled by these reviews. Most of the 5 stars reviews are fake and most probably scams, I fell for it too, please do not use AVATrade as your trading broker. It is easy to fund but very hard to withdraw. I haven't receive my 2,000 USD for three months and counting. Customer support is nice when you are new, as the time goes on, all of them becomes rubbish.
Hello, Backyard Trader,

We have already spoken on the phone, and investigation of the delay is currently ongoing. You will be notified immediately when we have an update.

Nkhanyile,
Soweto, South Africa,
Feb 24, 2019,

I reccomend this broker for all investors.this broker has been good to me more than what I was expecting..yes all brokers have their own problems and no broker is pefect but Ava is doing good so far on my side.keep up the great job guys
Hello, Nkhanyile,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience.

Azee100,
Amman, Jordan,
Feb 14, 2019,

I recommend AvaTrade to anyone.

AvaTrade is great and easy to deal with. You always have someone to speak to. It's not automated like other brokers. They are highly regulated and they don't play games like other brokers as well. My account manager is easy and fun to deal with. He gets to know you personally and never tries to sell you anything. He always updates on whats going on in the market and gives right guidance on what to do. I have been trading for sometime now and it's all good with AvaTrade and I would recommend them to anyone along with my Senior Account Manager.
75052366
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Feb 21, 2019:
Hello, Azee100,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. AvaTrade's Retention Managers are highly skilled, and there are always there to assist their customers. Our Customer Service Department has been greatly improved as well, and they would not hesitate to do everything they can to resolve an issue.

Emmanuel Sarsah,
Wa, Ghana,
Feb 13, 2019,

EXCELLENT BROKER.....AVATRADE!!

I have a lot of education from AvaTrade. Excellent platform and very reliable company. I have been with AvaTrade for the past 3 years. I have had no issues. I received a lot of education from them, though recently but it has been good. AvaTrade is a reliable company. I just couldn't hide my joy when my first withdrawal request hit my account.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Feb 21, 2019:
Dear Emmanuel,

Thank you for posting your review. We are very happy to hear that you have had such a pleasant experience with AvaTrade. We are always striving to provide the best service there is.

kukulis,
Vilnius, Lithuania,
Feb 11, 2019,

Better than expecter

well it was better than expected, very professional and good intended. Thank you and good luck in future
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Feb 13, 2019:
Dear Kukulis,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy that you are satisfied with the service provided to you.

Patrick,
Wiltshire, United Kingdom,
Feb 5, 2019,

Recommend if you're in the UK and deposit less than £1000, their spreads are really low

Been with Avatrade since I started trading (Just under a year), Ive never had a problem with these. Im a UK based trader, and the majority of the negative reviews are from various places around the world by the looks of it.
Their spreads are surprisingly low, which increases my profit margin, in which Im grateful for :) I was with another broker for a couple months, but their spreads were quite high.
Also their support isnt too bad either, theyve always helped me when Ive needed it.
If I could find a fault, withdrawing funds is a little slow, but Ive sussed out it depends on the time of day that you do it. Also, its quite irritating when they change the number they call you from, it swaps from manchester, to London, and I cant seem to save their number because of it.
74007585
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Feb 8, 2019:
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to post such a detailed review. Our customers' feedback has always helped us improve, and it is valuable to us.

Thank you!
Revisionist,
Singapore,
Feb 4, 2019,

Hi there, I have been with Ava Trade for nearly a year. They are a very good broker to work with. So far, I have a seamless trading relationship including depositing/withdrawing funds and getting my queries etc. promptly answered and handled. In particular my account manager is one of the best I have worked with, the service is really good . He's very proactive and provides excellent support as I am new and not so familiar with many aspects of forex and indices trading. All the best for this near year, Happy Trading.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Feb 7, 2019: