AvaTrade.com Review Visit site

Updated: Apr 6, 2020
AvaFx.com
Summer 2018:  The FPA asks ALL AvaTrade reviewers  to please include their account number in their review.

If you submit a review and it is not approved within 5 business days, please CLICK HERE, read the message, and fill out the form if necessary.  EVERY person who submits information from the form will get a reply from the FPA.

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

Other websites of this company include AvaTrade.co.za.

About AvaTrade.com

AvaTrade is a forex broker. Ava Trade offers the MT4 and MT5 trading currency platforms. AvaTrade.com offers over 50 currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, indices, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Maximum Leverage:30:1
Minimum to Open Live:$100
Established:2006
Address:Five Lamps Place, 77-80 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, DO1A742, Dublin, Ireland
Contact:cs@avatrade.com, 353 766803327
Regulators: ASIC #406684, CBI #C53877, FFAJ #1574, FSA #1662, FSCA #45984, AD-FSRA #, BVI FSC #
Trading platforms:MT4, MT5, WebTrader, AvaOptions, AvaTradeGO, DupliTrade
Currencies:(55+)
Cryptocurrencies:(10+) Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
CFD:(500+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, VoguePay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, Tranzila, UnionPay, VeriTrans, VoguePay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com on our forum

AvaTrade.com profile provided by AvaTrade CCare, Dec 9, 2019

AvaTrade, the leading forex and CFD broker, was founded in 2006 and offers over 1000 financial instruments, top trading platforms, and a cutting-edge mobile app, AvaTradeGO. Clients enjoy personal account managers and multi-lingual customer service. AvaTrade accommodates to traders of all levels and further ensures secured trading with advanced encryption and fully segregated accounts. AvaTrade is regulated in the EU, Japan, Australia, South Africa, Middle East & BVI.

Potodeevo, Russian Federation,
Apr 5, 2020,

illegally deducted from my account 490 USD

Hello! My name is Alexander Prosin. My account number on AvaTrade.com is 6036939.
 On March 26, 2020 I replenished my account with AvaTrade.com for $ 474.37. On March 29, 2020, I made a profit of $ 3,313. Then, within a week, I withdrew 3287 USD in several transactions. This week, from March 29, 2020 to April 3, 2020, I did not make any transactions on the account, as evidenced by the history of transactions in MT4 (there are screenshots). On April 3, 2020, after transferring 10 USD from account 6036939 to account 6036297, 490 USD remained on account 6036939. But on April 3, 2020 at 15:08 (according to the time of the trading terminal), all remaining money was deducted from my account, that is, an amount of $ 490. My account is reset. It was 490 USD, it became - 0 USD. However, I did not make a single transaction.
The write-off comment states: "Roll Over Adjustment". That is, if I understand correctly, AVATrade.com wants to explain this write-off as a fee for transferring the position to the next day? Then the question is: why did the company wait a whole week before debiting my money? After all, I opened the deal on March 26, 2020 and closed it on March 29, 2020, and the position transfer fee was written off only on April 3, 2020. And this is a very large position transfer fee - 490 USD. Don't you think? At the same time, I replenished the account with only 474 USD. This is similar to AVATrade.com fraud. I think they just appropriated my money, referring to Roll Over.
I ask AVATrade.com to cancel the illegal debit from my account 490 USD and return my money, in the amount of 490 USD, to my account 6036939.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Apr 6, 2020:
Dear Alexandr,

We firstly wish to highlight we are pleased to be in direct contact with you through our Customer Service Team who are assisting you in answering your questions.

The information of Rollovers can be seen here at our website: https://www.avatrade.com/trading-info/cfd-rollover-dates

Should you require any clarification at all, please continue to liaise with us via customer service, and we will, of course, continue to clarify anything you wish.

Moscow, Russian Federation,
Apr 3, 2020,

Withdrawal problems no answer

MT4 Account Details
Server: Ava - Real 3
Currency: USD
AvaTradeGO App

Customer ID = А10718036

There is no withdrawal done for 14 days, no response from customer services either probable problems?

Customer services not aware which entity I am a client of and do not have a copy of my customer agreement

Your query #361074 is still being reviewed

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Apr 6, 2020:
Dear Argentummb,

We sincerely wish to assure you that our Customer Service Team is on the case to assist you, we are pleased to be in direct contact with you and we thank you for your patience in the matter.

Please continue to liaise with our Customer Service Team under ticket 361074, and they will continue working alongside you to resolve everything.

David,
Australia, Australia,
Mar 31, 2020,

Buy limit orders opened in Gap

Watch out for a very sneaky trick employed by AVA Trade. If you have say a buy limit order on over the weekend and lets say Crude oil closes @ $42 on a Friday and opens on Monday @$32 AND you have buy limit orders for $40, $38 and $36 Well well AVA , After the market opens, will go and open your orders NOT at the open price, like every other regulated broker in Australia but at the buy limit price. This violates best practice in acting in the clients best interest . This is unethical practice. Whilst it is hidden in their terms and conditions under the guises "Guaranteeing your order price" it clearly is not in the clients best interest. This is a sneaky tactic and one that is outlawed in most countries and certainly not endorsed or practiced by any other broker. Trader beware this can wipe your account overnight . These are lowlife tactics the likes of Scam brokers employ

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Apr 1, 2020:
Dear David,

We are sincerely sorry to understand you feel this way in regards to your trading experience with us. However, we wish to firmly outline that AvaTrade’s execution practices are absolutely in line with our thorough regulation, spanning six jurisdictions globally.

We kindly remind all that AvaTrade guarantees pricing on all limit orders, but does not guarantee pricing for stop orders; the execution of which will be made at the best price available. All trading conditions are listed within our Terms and Conditions page on our website.

Thank you for choosing AvaTrade.

Ole Rofson,
Mar 23, 2020,

Number one for cryptocurrencies

Didn’t have much trust in cryptocurrencies brokers, and apart from that I wanted to trade forex as well. Under these circumstances AvaTrade was a real find. They have various assets: fiat currencies, CFDs and cryptocurrencies as well. Even though most assets quotes stop for trading halt on the weekends, cryptocurrencies still can be traded on Saturday and Sunday.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Apr 1, 2020:
Dear Ole,

We thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and highlighting your opinion that we are the number one for Crypto Currency trading.

We are most pleased that our 1000 plus instruments available to trade are to your liking, and we wish to express it is great to have you on board with us and we thank you for choosing AvaTrade.

We wish you lots of trading success!

london, United Kingdom,
Mar 19, 2020,

good broker

i have been with AVATRADE since 2019 September. and below are my honest review.

1. Deposit, the first deposit from any new card normally credit into your account within 2-3 hours, any following deposit from that card's deposit are credit into your account immediately.

2. Withdraw. i have only done 2 withdraws so far, but they were processed quickly. i received both money within 3 working days. i can not say any further withdraw will arrive on time. but for my previous 2, it was great.

3. Spreads. Spreads are OKAY. they offer average Spreads, some instrument are good, you just need to find out which one they listed has good spreads and trade those instrument. some are better than other broker and some are worse than others.
i see a lots of people here are blaming they widing their spreads. please go and check every single broker in the Market, none of them always provide the same Spread, during low liquidity hours and news events they ALL SAME, which is wide the spreads. also if you have chosen to trade at the very beginning of the asia session starts (after 10pm UK time), then you should accept that the spread are SUPER WIDE for the first 1 or 2 hours, after that period spreads are going back to normal, so choose your trading hours wisely if you are a scalper or short term trader.

4. Slippage. i normally can't notice if there are 1 or 2 point slippage when place the market order trade. but i myself experienced a noticeable slippage once. i was trading GBPAUD 1 lot size. but i forgot what event was happening. my sell stop order was executed, however it was far away from my sell stop point, i should have start to profit but it was executed at the bottom of that candle and the market was bounce up immediately. i was floating lose 700 GBP immediately which is about 100 pips slippage, i emailed my account manager, and he said it was due to the slippage... okay. i then decide to hold this trade for few days and finally this position was recovered. However slippage is somehow big problem at news events.

5. Swap fee. i think they have put their swap fee to cheaper price. as most of the swap offered from avatrade for short position are 0 so they lowered their Long position fees. i treat this is Good. other brokers are giving small positive swap fee on long/short and give significant negative fees on long/short to that instrument.

6. Customer service. Every time i ping their Customer service on their LiveChat. they give quick response and helped me to deal my questions. Overall it was good experience.

7. Execution time. the trade execution time is OKAY. my connection to the server is about 10ms. but i feel unnoticeable laggy on placing trade. it's just very little, you can't see it from the screen. but you can feel it.
when you place the trade at the same time from another broker to compare the execution speed, you will notice that there is very small laggy from avatrade.

8. Bonus. i keep receiving calls from account manager offer me to top up certain amount then i can get bonus. Bonus is good, you can trade lager position with it. but with bonus activated, unless you traded certain volume you can not make withdrawal including your deposit. you either 1. trade enough volume to turn bonus withdrawable 2. cancel the bonus and withdraw your money.

Above is all my reviews. i will add some more if i got some up or anything got changed.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Mar 20, 2020:
Dear Huanglaohu,

First and foremost we thank you sincerely for taking the time to write such a detailed, excellent review, thoroughly outlining your positive experience with us at AvaTrade. We thank you for choosing AvaTrade, and it is great to have you on board with us.

We wish you lots of trading success, and of course, we wish the worldwide community well in these testing times for our global population.

Bearet18,
Ipoh, Malaysia,
Mar 7, 2020,

Brokerage that can be trusted

Avatrade is a kind of a brokerage that can be really trusted. That was, actually, the only one reason why I've choose it. Almost all brokers are the same, that's true. I mean in general, details of course may vary. However, the only thing that's the HIGHLY varied is regulations and client support. Avatrade is extremely good in this regard, it's regulated in the EU, Australia, South Africa and so on. It's extremely important question for me, as I see it, as it's the most important for every trader. How can I trade with a brokerage, if there's doubts in its reliability? I don't know how you deal with this, but I simply can't trade in such conditions, so my choose was obvious - AvaTrade, regulated and, as a result, trusted brokerage.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Mar 9, 2020:

Dear Bearet18,

We are delighted to hear your highly positive experience with us, and we thank you for taking the time to share it here.

We are pleased our thorough regulation and attention to our clients are providing great trading conditions for you.

We thank you for choosing AvaTrade, and we wish to express our pleasure at having you on board with us.

Teodor Gheorghita,
Bucharest, Romania,
Mar 5, 2020,

World-class brokerage

For me the fact that AvaTrade company was founded 15 years ago and has got licenses all over the world - that was the crucial fact to choose this particular broker. I’ve had enough of excuses from my other broker why they can’t execute my orders fast enough (market conditions), why funds transfer can’t be completed in a week bank-side troubles), why they can’t offer decent support (the policy is to reply within 24 hours) - no more excuses with AvaTrade. Market conditions, banks, policies are totally same,but here withdrawals arrive same or next day, order get executed fine, support works totally fine. I recommend trying!

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Mar 9, 2020:
Dear Teodor,

We are very pleased to hear you are enjoying a 5-star experience with our service, and we thank you for taking the time to share this.

We do indeed pride ourselves on our thorough regulation and attention to our clients.

We thank you for choosing AvaTrade, it is great to have you on board.

Dar es salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of,
Mar 3, 2020,

AvaTrade DEPOSIT SCAM

AVOID THIS BROKER

After seeing their ads on various websites through the internet I made a decision to register myself with them (AVA TRADE). One the exact day that I opened account my so called account manager started to call me over and over and his aim was to insist me on making a deposit and by how much I am expecting to deposit

After few days of receiving their calls and emails in which they tried to fill me information about their transparency and loyalty to their clients I finally decided to make a deposit using Skrill just to see how deposits are being processed to their end.

This is my Account ID: 75135489

Unfortunately, they claimed that my transaction has been cancelled by me!!! While on My Skirll account it shows that transaction has been received successful by AVA TRADE.

After sending them proof of deposit from My Skrill account, they came up with this new story of having technical issues and their IT DEPARTMENT is working very hard trying to resolve my matter.

On 15th February I went back to them asking about my issue if it had been resolve and they responded that they have escalated the case to a relevant department. From that date till yesterday, they keep on telling me the same thing that they have escalated my matter to relevant department and even when I am contacting their live chat assistant claiming for more information about this issue he is replying by saying that "WE DO NOT HAVE ANY NEW INFORMATION WHICH YOU DON’T KNOW"

All I want is for those who did not yet register with this s*** broker please kindly don't do so, your hard earned money will go to waste. They don't care about customers rather than scamming hundreds of people everyday to join them. They take us for granted, they are treating us like we are their piggy banks. My fellow traders know your worth and act smart. Don't Fall for their words

SHAME ON YOU AVATRADE

Dear Shabanejr,

Thank you for taking the time out to speak with me on the phone today, it is great to be in direct communication with you.

As discussed and outlined via personal correspondence earlier today, we thank you sincerely for your patience with the extended time it took to get to the bottom of the technical issue that hindered the Skrill payment moving automatically into your account, as well as the frustration that stemmed from having to communicate with various members of the AvaTrade Team.

In good faith, we aim to provide extended hours of customer service, and thus more than one member of our team will be involved in assisting, but I very much appreciate that in this instance it caused inconvenience.

We are pleased to have you on board with us and do hope we can now move your experience with us at AvaTrade into positive territory.

Warmest regards,

Rufus Aremu,
Mar 2, 2020,

Best brokerage I've ever tried

It's the best broker I've ever tried, I'm extremely satisfied! No new-fashioned custom platform with dirty hacks built in that customers will never know of, no personalized news feed and nothing they don't need. Regular brokerage with regulat trading platfrom. AvaTrade just offers good service. Their support service is 10 out of 10. Managers are very friendly, and their support team is very fast. Flash-speed executions. One of the best brokers for sure.

Dear Rufus,

We thank you for taking the time to highlight the positive experience you have with us at AvaTrade, and we are delighted you feel we are the best for you.

Fryderick//1,
Gdansk, Poland,
Mar 2, 2020,

Fine trading conditions

AvaTrade is a nice regulated brokerage. You might know that in every jurisdiction a broker must have a special license to work. This broker has managed to acquire such a license in all major jurisdictions, which makes it a reliable partner in my opinion. I also think that some traders like me will apreciate the variety of trading assets with a dozen of different cryptocurrencies available there as well. Good attitude from customer's support and their helpfulness is yet another advantage. Spreads and commissions are about average, withdrawals are not immediate, but normally take under 2 days to get completed.

Dear Fryderick,

We thank you for outlining your positive opinion, and for the 5-star rating. We are indeed highly regulated, and we are pleased our service and wide range of instruments are to your liking.