AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) Review Visit site

Updated: Aug 14, 2018
Summer 2018:  The FPA asks ALL AvaTrade reviewers  to please include their account number in their review.

If you submit a review and it is not approved within 5 business days, please CLICK HERE, read the message, and fill out the form if necessary.  EVERY person who submits information from the form will get a reply from the FPA.

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

AvaTrade is a forex broker. Ava Trade offers the MT4 and Mobile trading currency platforms. AvaTrade.com offers currency pairs, cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, indices, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com)

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) on our forum

Case IDFiledCase nameVerdict
2013-0982013-08-12Tradetowin vs. AvaTrade.comresolved
2011-0112011-02-11M4re vs. AvaFX.comguilty

AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) profile provided by Desmond McNulty, Apr 22, 2013

Ava was launched in 2006 offering online Forex trading. Since then it has expanded into offering CFD trading on commodities, stocks, indices & bonds. It is one of the world’s most popular brokers, with more than 200,000 registered customers and an annual turnover of more than $400 billion in 2012. New features for the launch of AvaTrade include:

• New & improved website utilizing the latest technology

• ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds) added to Ava’s selection of 200+ instruments

• Mac-compatible Ava MetaTrader 4 available for first time

• MetaTrader 4 accessible as fully-featured web trader and smartphone app

• New training videos and free online trading course

• First CFD broker to introduce segregated client custodial accounts

Germany, Germany,
Aug 9, 2018,

Avatrade is a Scam and they have high spreads

AVAtrade is AVAfake.
Never trade with this scamming company AVAtrade!
They offered me a bonus of 30% when I open my Account on the 31.07.2018 so I did it and I deposit 1300 Euro right away via Creditcard in my Account the same day and made the first trade at the same day on the 31.07.2018.
After the EMSA regulation took place on the 01.08.2018 they revoke the contract to add my bonus of 30%.
My PRO Tarding Account is 74010710.
Avatrade have high spreads and thy customer support is worst and arrogant always lying to the clients.
The German and the UK support are the worst always lying to clients and not keeping the contracts.
Fake*sses
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Aug 13, 2018:
Dear Black Trader,

Thank you for taking the time to post the review.

I went ahead and reviewed your account. Indeed, you created the account and deposited funds on the 31st of July, however, the account was verified in August, and the welcoming bonus could be given only upon account verification. Additionally, AvaTrade is following all the regulations strictly, and therefore, the bonus could not longer be credited in your account. You can review our Terms and Conditions about more information.

Peterborough, United Kingdom,
Aug 7, 2018,

S*** customer service and broker

These thieves took £100 out of my bank without permission and now that I’m telling them to give my money back but they just keep on making so many excuses and even have sent me an email saying the funds should be in my bank account, which it clearly isn’t! Twits and the people on the phone when you ring them can’t even speak proper English, bloody illiterates.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Aug 8, 2018:
Hello, Sannah!

We appreciate you posting the review. Can you please reply with your account number so we can follow up and assist you?

Portugal,
Jul 29, 2018,

you'll lose your money, withdrawl isn't possible and support doesn't exist.

just bad, I was having a pleasant experience but then I wanted to withdraw, and it just didn't happen, I tried withdrawing my money and they literally didn't let me, they stopped replying to my emails and so on.
basicly I was following this guy's signals, and I was profiting really well and then he just started giving me wrong signals and as I started losing my money I tried withdrawing my 250€ I invested, and he stopped replying to my messages, so I tried to contact Avatrade's support and they just wouldnt reply, literally ignored every email I sent them, and then I got a deposit done on my account of 250€, the amount I tried to withdraw, so yea, I'm stuck with this and done with them, just terrible, trust me and DO NOT even think about getting an account and investing on this terrible broker, believe me you'll lose your money 100%.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jul 30, 2018:
Dear Rogério ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Please provide your account number so we can validate your claims and assist you.

Worcs, United Kingdom,
Jul 13, 2018,

Scam broker

Scam Broker -Avoid at ALL COSTS!
Says it is Regulated-It is not ! ( only by some unknown Irish ? Institution- EEA )
Not FCA regulated- So that tells you everything !
Opened 2 x broker Accounts ( Avatrade and another broker) with £250 in each using the same EA ( with same settings) at exactly the same time. The EA took exactly the same trades at exactly the same times- and Lo and behold overnight AvTrade emptied the account and XM + 20% ! Need i say any more ?
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jul 22, 2018:
Dear Petermech,

Thank you for posting your review.

AvaTrade is actually regulated in all 6 continents, and all the regulators are visible on our website. In regards to the EA experience, we would be happy to follow up and investigate further. Can you provide your account number?

Thank you!

Ava Trade
Trinidad and Tobago,
Jul 11, 2018,

Great Support

Great support thus far from Avatrade especially from Mr. John Honcharuk who checks on me constantly to ensure that everything goes well. He is very interested in helping his clients as he tries to maintain a long lasting relationship with them, which is so different from other brokers who are just concerned with the business you bring to them and not the individual. Highly recommended!
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Aug 8, 2018:
Hello, Anggob!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! This is exactly the customer service we strive to provide for all of our clients, and we will continue doing so.

Ava Trade
Germany,
Jul 10, 2018,

This is a very unreliable broker. Their support is a waste of time. If you want to lose money due to technical issues, then go with AvaTrade.

I have been with AvaTrade for five years so I can actually account for improvements if any.

Recently in 2018 they have made changes to their account system, i.e. migrated databases, changed frontend, etc., which caused problems for customers who could not access their account anymore. No withdrawal, no deposit.

Their support is mostly useless; I've called many times and they are saying they escalate, but nothing happens. I' ve made losses due to slow servers, no deposits possible and lack of support. I also made profits of course, but their servers are too slow so you have to be very careful. They had a server outage, but did not mention it until people called. You do not want to store much capital with them as they have too many technical issues. The plus is that they have a wide range of instruments and use MT.

Once, they even executed a withdrawal request twice and caused a margin call - technical error they said but likely some moron clicking twice on his/her mouse.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jul 22, 2018:
Hello, TRader23X,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is true that we implemented many new changes but they were all for the sake of our clients. We apologies for the mistakes we have made, and we would be happy to investigate further so we can rectify them. Would it be possible for you to reply with your account number so an agent of ours can contact you?

Thank you in advance!

South Africa,
Jul 4, 2018,

Avatrade, lots to offer, but there's room for improvement.

Avatrade..

I've been trading with Avatrade for quite awhile and I must say, compared to some other brokers, these guys aren't as bad as it might seem.

For one, their pros are many, several instruments (forex, energies, cryptos, commodities, metals...their all there), low spreads, fair margins, up-to-date market readings etc.

Their support was abysmal at best at some point (let's say as of April 2018 it has improved) and does need some more improvement.

I've done no withdrawals yet (but when I do, I will append this review) the fact that PayPal is no longer an option, is most unfortunate, but WireTransfer is the next best option.

Their promotions however are not to be taken to heart, I've been denied my promotional bonus, and only finding out why after 6 months, is terrible...but then again, if my trading was terrible, I guess it's understandable.

With all that said, give them a try, I've tried several other brokers, and after realizing just how much these other jokers are taking chances, Avatrade has been the most true to form I could find.

As with some of these reviews, remember that trading is always a risk, and you will lose if you trade emotionally or "gambly", with Avatrade, market executions are immediate and TPs/SLs are hit where it should, Slippage is rare and Markets don't just "close" for no reason. Their regulated quite well as well.

Thus Avatrade is worth a try, and I'm glad I did.
Dear Sharky,

Thank you for the time you took to post this review. We greatly value our customers' feedback as it always helps us improve our services.

Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia,
Jul 3, 2018,

Take my maney

I was a member of the company Avatrade and was transferred to their account in the bank until the wallet is fed and contacted them more than once and refused to respond to my contact and reply to the email was going to the bank and reported that the amount had reached the account avatrade and tried to contact them more than a passer but without success and changed My account manager more than once and now I asked to return the amount in my portfolio, they refused completely and did not respond to me
Please leave a followup review and include your account number.
Dear Ibrahim,

Thank you for posting your review. Please provide us with your account number so we can investigate further.

Thank you in advance!

london, United Kingdom,
Jul 3, 2018,

The customer service is the worst as I have to keep calling them for update, they cant even call or email

Kenneth Benson BE CAREFUL OF AVA TRADE. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.DEPOSITING YOUR MONEY IS INSTANT, WITHDRAWAL IS HOWEVER NEVER!!!! THEY'VE BEEN HOLDING MY FUNDS FOR OVER 3 WEEKS NOW, EVERY DAY ITS A DIFFERENT STORY.... STAY AWAY!!!!
Account number - 75004957

first they said they cant withdraw to paypal as they dont work with them anymore and asked me to send a request by email. After sending the request, they never came back to me till I called them, at which point they said to rewrite the letter.

then came back to me again asking that I go back and do a paypal withdrawal, I insisted that they had said it wasnt possible before, they said deposits are not possible but withdrawals are
I tried again and it wasnt possible and they asked for a screen shot which was sent, my withdrawal is still not done
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jul 9, 2018:
Dear Kenneth, your deposit was cancelled last week, as you were informed on Friday, the 6th of July.
Pasig, Philippines,
Jul 2, 2018,

Best Account Manager there is!!

My Account Manager John Honcharuk is awesome. I've been with 4 other brokers and talked to their AM but John is the only one who really guided me on which direction to take,