AvaTrade.com Review Visit site

Updated: Nov 19, 2019
AvaFx.com
Summer 2018:  The FPA asks ALL AvaTrade reviewers  to please include their account number in their review.

If you submit a review and it is not approved within 5 business days, please CLICK HERE, read the message, and fill out the form if necessary.  EVERY person who submits information from the form will get a reply from the FPA.

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

Other websites of this company include AvaTrade.co.za.

About AvaTrade.com

AvaTrade is a forex broker. Ava Trade offers the MT4 and Mobile trading currency platforms. AvaTrade.com offers currency pairs,,cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, indices, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Maximum Leverage:30:1
Minimum to Open Live:$100
Established:2006
Address:Five Lamps Place, 77-80 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, DO1A742, Dublin, Ireland
Contact:cs@avatrade.com, 353 766803327
Regulators: ASIC #406684, CBI #C53877, FFAJ #1574, FSA #1662, FSCA #45984, BVI FSC #
Trading platforms:MT4, MT5, WebTrader, AvaOptions, AvaTradeGO, DupliTrade
ECN: No
Currencies:(55+)
Cryptocurrencies:(10+) Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
CFD:(110+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
PAMM: No
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, Tranzila, UnionPay, VeriTrans, VoguePay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, Tranzila, UnionPay, VeriTrans, VoguePay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com on our forum

AvaTrade.com profile provided by AvaTrade CCare, Jun 21, 2019

AvaTrade is an award-winning online broker offering Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on Commodities, Stocks, Indices, Cryptocurrencies and more. The company is regulated across 6 jurisdictions with a global clientele in over 150 countries.

Exciting Features

Traders benefit from tight spreads, easy deposit methods, multilingual customer support, 1000+ instruments, immediate execution of positions, and access to live liquidity through a wide range of platforms.

State-of-The-Art Trading Platforms

AvaTrade provides multiple platforms including MT4, MT5, DupliTrade, WebTrader, AvaOptions and the AvaTradeGO mobile app – there’s something for everyone. Traders also enjoy real-time updates to stay on top of the market.

Comprehensive Education

AvaTrade’s Demo account allows beginners to learn how to trade and enables advanced traders to test their strategies in a risk-free environment.
Traders also enjoy exclusive access to video tutorials, eBooks, economic indicators and the Sharp Trader academy, which can help them polish their trading strategies and abilities. Clients can also register for regular webinars hosted by AvaTrade professionals that cover all important aspects of trading.

Worldwide Regulations

AvaTrade is among the top Forex brokers in the world with offices around the globe. The company is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and licensed throughout the European Union. It is also regulated by ASIC in Australia, the Financial Services Commission (FSC) and FFAJ Financial Futures Association in Japan, and the B.V.I Financial Services Commission in the British Virgin Islands. In Canada, AvaTrade operates in collaboration with Friedberg Direct, a division of Friedberg Mercantile Group Ltd., one of the oldest and highly regarded financial services companies in the industry, regulated by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC).

Global Sponsorships
AvaTrade is the proud global partner of Manchester City, premier league champions 2018/19.

Conclusion
From cutting edge platforms, multilingual service to comprehensive education, worldwide offices, and over 13 years’ in the industry, there’s no doubt that AvaTrade is the right choice. All of these combined provide complete peace of mind for traders to trade with confidence.

Santiago, Chile,
Oct 23, 2019,

I've just created an account with this guys (literally 5 minutes ago) and they've already called me 10 times.

Thank god I came to this place first, after reading some reviews there's no way I'm making a deposit.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Oct 24, 2019:
Dear Albertojm,

If you could kindly provide us with the trading account number and the email address you registered with by sending us an email to cs@avatrade.com, we will locate you on our system and remove your contact details.

Warm regards.

RU, Russian Federation,
Oct 10, 2019,

SCAM! NOT WITHDRAWING FUNDS!

Not withdrawing my funds for 2 months already.
Support sending automated replies that my account was blocked.

Aug 15, 2019 - 1 Star blocked my account with 4k deposit
droped many messages to support, but looks like I'm receiving only automatic replies telling that my account is blocked for arbitrage and charged for the existing deposit
the fact is that there were no arbitrage
when I ask them to provide any details they reply automaticly "your account is blocked"
wrote already 15 emails for clarification but still no funds and no answers, only automatic replies
looks like these guys are scammers and just hunting your funds
acc 6356492

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Aug 21, 2019 Dear el23876,

Thank you for posting your review and thank you for providing your account number.

Kindly note that your account has been blocked due to arbitrage activity identified by our dealing desk as we already mentioned in our emails to you.

According to Terms & Conditions AvaTrade does not permit the practice of arbitrage when trading and strictly forbids any form of manipulation of its prices, execution, and platform or making transactions based on errors, omissions or misquotes on the AvaTrade platform.

Reply by AvaTrade Customer Care submitted Oct 14, 2019:
Dear el23876,

We wish to highlight that we have thoroughly investigated your case, and the trades in question are confirmed as arbitrage activity. We have provided you with detailed explanations above and beyond our obligation to do so within the terms and conditions you have agreed to.

We also wish to point out that you have received personal, detailed and specific email correspondence from AvaTrade.

You may of course file an official complaint via complaints@avatrade.com, but we remind you that we have thoroughly investigated your case already.

Warm regards,

AvaTrade Customer Care
Trieste, Italy,
Oct 7, 2019,

A FRAUD, but they are smart, anyone wants to join a class action?

This is the truth, I'm not a customer loosing money into trade and trying to get it back from the broker. I started using this broker more than 1 year ago, I was depositing several times in order to constantly have around 10k euro in the trade account, I traded with a lot of risk and I lost. I knew it was risky but i had to try a very aggressive strategy. I managed to have 2 withdrawals in the past and everything worked well. Now i lost the money i planned to dedicate to trading and i was closing my account and withdrawing what's left. Well. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!

Here comes the nightmare

They said the withdrwal has been done and asked me to provide a bank account balance where they could see the money hasn't arrived, I did and they asked me to provide a LEGAL WRITING from my bank stating I recieved no money. Surprise: banks do not release those statements. And they know it (did you realize they all have the same names? In my case all the guys are called Angelo ahah)

I wrote I will proceede with a lawyer. I had no further answer, they know the lawyer would cost me more than the money i had withdrawn.

I started to make 1+1 and I have strong fears AVA Trade just doesn't fill their orders on the market but take only your money. Consider most of the Traders loose money in any case. Since they have a gangster attitude, and this is widespread, from their support (NOT EXISTING) to their managers (some Angelo of different types sending always mails with wrong trade ideas) and considering my last situation, WHY THEY SHOULD EVEN BOTHER OPERNING A REAL MARKET POSITION?! Rememeber I have never seen a dishonest company doing just one thing in a dishonest way.. unfortunately.

Sure I want to get my money left back in my bank, but now I am really interested to know if my hundreds trades were OR NOT REALLY FILLED ON THE MARKETS, and I bet they weren't.

AVA Trade work on the psycology of the people managing to gain trust and than exploit it. IS IT ANOTHER "MUDOFF - PONZI SCHEME"?
Reply by AvaTrade Customer Care submitted Oct 8, 2019:
Dear Tachdoc,

We would like to assist you and address your concerns.

We have contacted you by email after trying to reach you on the telephone. We will guide you through the exact steps to obtain a letter of non receipt from your card provider, please liaise with us so we can help you.

In regards to the comments that trades are not really filled into the market, we would like to point out that we are Market Makers - this allows us to offer the most competitive spreads.

More information maybe found on our website, specifically https://support.avatrade.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001784331-Are-you-a-Market-Maker-

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards,

Rashid MEHMOOD,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates,
Sep 10, 2019,

Trade Account turned 0

I was trying to buy stock as soon I clicked for new trade all my stocks including the one I was unable to buy closed turning balances into zero for everything. I feel someone manipulated my account. When I asked for support they said referred to financial desk.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Sep 11, 2019:
Dear Rashid MEHMOOD,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and thank you very much for providing your account number.
We are happy that your issue has been already resolved.
Please feel free to contact our support team when you have new questions.
Aug 7, 2019,

Poor Broker

i was hounded every couple of days to take up their offer of bonus deposit, it became very annoying, poor spreads compared to others and excessive fluctuations after NY session closed, i'll stop short of saying manipulation.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Aug 12, 2019:
Dear Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Please provide your account number so we can contact you and assist you with this.

Thank you!
G,
Wales, United Kingdom,
Aug 6, 2019,

Laughable

Funny how when pairs are most liquid or when a currency is in high demand the spreads miraculosly increase. This is clearly to minimize profits and push traders towards stop loss, telling me AVA make money from their clients losing it.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Sep 23, 2019:
Dear G,

Thank you for taking time to post your review.

Kindly note, that according to Terms & Conditions Typical Spreads are an indication only and may widen due to volatile market conditions.
Please provide your account number so we can contact you further and investigate your case .

Thank you!
George, South Africa,
Jul 30, 2019,

Avatrade: a respected company

I have been a client of Avatrade for the last two years. I must say that I respect the company and have only received the best client service you can imagine from them. Also, they have no hazzle with payouts and I can re commend the company to anyone out there.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Sep 23, 2019:
Dear RockoftheAges,

Thank you very much for 5 stars review, we appreciate your positive feedback!

Regards, The AvaTrade Team
Jul 25, 2019,

Hi,

I am writing because of an episode pertaining to the relationship between Lara CM and Avatrade. Recently, I was directed to Lara CM to manage my Avatrade account.

What happened afterward is shocking. Lara CM proceeded to tank my account within days, making counter-intuitive trades and intentionally making me lose money. Which normally wouldn't make sense because my agreement with Lara CM's agreement with me was a profit-sharing agreement. Obviously, this is extremely fishy and on the surface level, nobody benefited from such actions. However, after a thorough investigation, I have discovered that Avatrade is a Market Maker and that AVAtrade actually profits from my losses... Now everything makes sense and it is sickening. AVAtrade has created a third party "Capital Management" company to tank their client's money. It was confusing why Lara CM works ONLY with Avatrade and now it all makes sense.

I require a full refund of all my deposited amounts. If not I will take all of my evidence to the media and MCFC. I am sure with a club like MCFC under scrutiny as it is they will not like bad scam press about their sponsors.

I have plenty of evidence to back up my claims. I don't want to take this to that level. I just want my money back and to move on with my life.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Guillermo
AvaTrade Team,

You should be able to see this reviewers account number highlighted in red above the text of the review.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jul 29, 2019:
Dear Investor12121,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Please provide us with your account number or email us at reviews@avatrade.com for further investigation and assistance.

Additionally, we would like to emphasize on the fact that you are actually complaining from "Lara CM", not from AvaTrade. According to the Terms and Conditions you accepted upon registering, AvaTrade cannot be held responsible for the actions of its affiliates.

Jun 21, 2019,

Imposed 1:400 leverage illegally

I opened my account earlier this week , and uploaded my legal documents and got verified . Before I deposit I checked on MT4 and found out that the leverage set upfront at 1:400 I contacted AVATrade team in Dublin , Ireland the relationship manager told me that 1:400 is fixed as per the law by the central bank of Ireland and no one in the organization can change it. I told him that I only trade with 1:100 and how come the central bank fixes a leverage ratio so high at 1:400 ? So he mentioned that it’s fixed at 1:30 for EU citizens and 1:400 for non EU citizens ... I was shocked .. I knew that the trader has the right to set whatever ratio he is comfortable with to trade and no central bank in the world can fix the leverage ratio so high .. I sensed a fault play .. but I decided to move ahead and deposit ... My account got liquidated in a matter of less than an hour ... I thought well it must been my fault ... so I went on the web chat and talked to an agent .. I was still thinking why the leverage ratio cannot be brought down to 1:100 the agent told me that I can change the leverage to whatever I want ... in that AVA should refund me for fault play and lying to me at the account opening time that leverage is fixed at 1:400 and cannot be changed

Literally , the sales representative scammed me into believing that I must trade with 1:400 knowing that such high leverage can easily liquidate one’s account

I have logged a complaint about this issue with AVA as well as the Cebtral Bank of Ireland for illegally imposing such high leverage to purposely putting traders in a weak and a very high risk situation in order to liquidate the accounts

I demand a full refund for my deposits , or else I’m willing to take this issue locally in the courts of law in Ireland

Best,
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jun 25, 2019:
Dear Jassim,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

The leverage can indeed be changed to some limits, as long as the customer requests it, and if Regulations allow for it. We will investigate the case thoroughly and contact you.

SOUTH AFRICA, South Africa,
Jun 7, 2019,

Taking money

I WONT SAY i am a professional trader but i make profit unlike lately with Avatrade they blew my account ones i am in big profit and want to close my traded it doesnt even want to close i tried getting in touch with my account manager or avatrade but ones i have mentioned why cant i close my traded everybody disapearse and i need some awnsers are avatrade busy to play around on the clients

AC....76054665
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jun 10, 2019:
Dear Vertser,

Thank you for posting your review, and thank you very much for providing your account number.

The points you mentioned in your review were investigated, however, they could not be verified. You have only ever sent us a single email, and you have joined our live chat twice. All 3 correspondences were given a positive feedback.

The case has already been escalated and an agent will contact you soon.