AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) Review Visit site

Updated: Aug 22, 2019
Summer 2018:  The FPA asks ALL AvaTrade reviewers  to please include their account number in their review.

If you submit a review and it is not approved within 5 business days, please CLICK HERE, read the message, and fill out the form if necessary.  EVERY person who submits information from the form will get a reply from the FPA.

September 2013:   AvaTrade has not been able to provide the FPA with information about how the company can tell what is a normal off-market fill vs. what is arbitrage.

Until this issue is resolved, the FPA recommends against using Forex News Gun software or any other news trading software with AvaTrade.com.

Other websites of this company include AvaTrade.co.za.

About AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com)

AvaTrade is a forex broker. Ava Trade offers the MT4 and Mobile trading currency platforms. AvaTrade.com offers currency pairs,,cryptocurrencies, gold, silver, stocks, indices, commodities and cfds for your personal investment and trading options.

Minimum Trade Size:0.01
Maximum Leverage:30:1
Minimum to Open Live:$100
Established:2006
Address:Five Lamps Place, 77-80 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, DO1A742, Dublin, Ireland
Contact:cs@avatrade.com, 353 766803327
Regulators: ASIC #406684, CBI #C53877, FFAJ #1574, FSA #1662, FSCA #45984, BVI FSC #
Trading platforms:MT4, MT5, AvaOptions, AvaTradeGO, DupliTrade
ECN: No
Currencies:(55+)
Cryptocurrencies:(10+) Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum
CFD:(110+) Gold, Silver, Stocks, Stock Indexes, Bonds, Oil, Other Commodities
PAMM: No
ZuluTrade: Yes
Deposit Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, Tranzila, UnionPay, VeriTrans, VoguePay, WebMoney
Withdrawal Methods:Bank Wire, VISA, MasterCard, Boleto, DinPay, FasaPay, gCard, Neteller, PaySec, SafeCharge, Skrill, Tranzila, UnionPay, VeriTrans, VoguePay, WebMoney

Join live discussion of AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) on our forum

AvaTrade.com (AvaFx.com) profile provided by AvaTrade CCare, Jun 21, 2019

AvaTrade is an award-winning online broker offering Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on Commodities, Stocks, Indices, Cryptocurrencies and more. The company is regulated across 6 jurisdictions with a global clientele in over 150 countries.

Exciting Features

Traders benefit from tight spreads, easy deposit methods, multilingual customer support, 1000+ instruments, immediate execution of positions, and access to live liquidity through a wide range of platforms.

State-of-The-Art Trading Platforms

AvaTrade provides multiple platforms including MT4, MT5, DupliTrade, WebTrader, AvaOptions and the AvaTradeGO mobile app – there’s something for everyone. Traders also enjoy real-time updates to stay on top of the market.

Comprehensive Education

AvaTrade’s Demo account allows beginners to learn how to trade and enables advanced traders to test their strategies in a risk-free environment.
Traders also enjoy exclusive access to video tutorials, eBooks, economic indicators and the Sharp Trader academy, which can help them polish their trading strategies and abilities. Clients can also register for regular webinars hosted by AvaTrade professionals that cover all important aspects of trading.

Worldwide Regulations

AvaTrade is among the top Forex brokers in the world with offices around the globe. The company is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and licensed throughout the European Union. It is also regulated by ASIC in Australia, the Financial Services Commission (FSC) and FFAJ Financial Futures Association in Japan, and the B.V.I Financial Services Commission in the British Virgin Islands. In Canada, AvaTrade operates in collaboration with Friedberg Direct, a division of Friedberg Mercantile Group Ltd., one of the oldest and highly regarded financial services companies in the industry, regulated by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC).

Global Sponsorships
AvaTrade is the proud global partner of Manchester City, premier league champions 2018/19.

Conclusion
From cutting edge platforms, multilingual service to comprehensive education, worldwide offices, and over 13 years’ in the industry, there’s no doubt that AvaTrade is the right choice. All of these combined provide complete peace of mind for traders to trade with confidence.

RU, Russian Federation,
Aug 15, 2019,

scam. not responding, do not withdraw funds

blocked my account with 4k deposit
droped many messages to support, but looks like I'm receiving only automatic replies telling that my account is blocked for arbitrage and charged for the existing deposit
the fact is that there were no arbitrage
when I ask them to provide any details they reply automaticly "your account is blocked"
wrote already 15 emails for clarification but still no funds and no answers, only automatic replies
looks like these guys are scammers and just hunting your funds
acc 6356492
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Aug 21, 2019:
Dear el23876,

Thank you for posting your review and thank you for providing your account number.

Kindly note that your account has been blocked due to arbitrage activity identified by our dealing desk as we already mentioned in our emails to you.
According to Terms & Conditions AvaTrade does not permit the practice of arbitrage when trading and strictly forbids any form of manipulation of its prices, execution, and platform or making transactions based on errors, omissions or misquotes on the AvaTrade platform.

Aug 7, 2019,

Poor Broker

i was hounded every couple of days to take up their offer of bonus deposit, it became very annoying, poor spreads compared to others and excessive fluctuations after NY session closed, i'll stop short of saying manipulation.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Aug 12, 2019:
Dear Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Please provide your account number so we can contact you and assist you with this.

Thank you!
G,
Wales, United Kingdom,
Aug 6, 2019,

Laughable

Funny how when pairs are most liquid or when a currency is in high demand the spreads miraculosly increase. This is clearly to minimize profits and push traders towards stop loss, telling me AVA make money from their clients losing it.
George, South Africa,
Jul 30, 2019,

Avatrade: a respected company

I have been a client of Avatrade for the last two years. I must say that I respect the company and have only received the best client service you can imagine from them. Also, they have no hazzle with payouts and I can re commend the company to anyone out there.
Jul 25, 2019,

Hi,

I am writing because of an episode pertaining to the relationship between Lara CM and Avatrade. Recently, I was directed to Lara CM to manage my Avatrade account.

What happened afterward is shocking. Lara CM proceeded to tank my account within days, making counter-intuitive trades and intentionally making me lose money. Which normally wouldn't make sense because my agreement with Lara CM's agreement with me was a profit-sharing agreement. Obviously, this is extremely fishy and on the surface level, nobody benefited from such actions. However, after a thorough investigation, I have discovered that Avatrade is a Market Maker and that AVAtrade actually profits from my losses... Now everything makes sense and it is sickening. AVAtrade has created a third party "Capital Management" company to tank their client's money. It was confusing why Lara CM works ONLY with Avatrade and now it all makes sense.

I require a full refund of all my deposited amounts. If not I will take all of my evidence to the media and MCFC. I am sure with a club like MCFC under scrutiny as it is they will not like bad scam press about their sponsors.

I have plenty of evidence to back up my claims. I don't want to take this to that level. I just want my money back and to move on with my life.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Guillermo
AvaTrade Team,

You should be able to see this reviewers account number highlighted in red above the text of the review.
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jul 29, 2019:
Dear Investor12121,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Please provide us with your account number or email us at reviews@avatrade.com for further investigation and assistance.

Additionally, we would like to emphasize on the fact that you are actually complaining from "Lara CM", not from AvaTrade. According to the Terms and Conditions you accepted upon registering, AvaTrade cannot be held responsible for the actions of its affiliates.

Jun 21, 2019,

Imposed 1:400 leverage illegally

I opened my account earlier this week , and uploaded my legal documents and got verified . Before I deposit I checked on MT4 and found out that the leverage set upfront at 1:400 I contacted AVATrade team in Dublin , Ireland the relationship manager told me that 1:400 is fixed as per the law by the central bank of Ireland and no one in the organization can change it. I told him that I only trade with 1:100 and how come the central bank fixes a leverage ratio so high at 1:400 ? So he mentioned that it’s fixed at 1:30 for EU citizens and 1:400 for non EU citizens ... I was shocked .. I knew that the trader has the right to set whatever ratio he is comfortable with to trade and no central bank in the world can fix the leverage ratio so high .. I sensed a fault play .. but I decided to move ahead and deposit ... My account got liquidated in a matter of less than an hour ... I thought well it must been my fault ... so I went on the web chat and talked to an agent .. I was still thinking why the leverage ratio cannot be brought down to 1:100 the agent told me that I can change the leverage to whatever I want ... in that AVA should refund me for fault play and lying to me at the account opening time that leverage is fixed at 1:400 and cannot be changed

Literally , the sales representative scammed me into believing that I must trade with 1:400 knowing that such high leverage can easily liquidate one’s account

I have logged a complaint about this issue with AVA as well as the Cebtral Bank of Ireland for illegally imposing such high leverage to purposely putting traders in a weak and a very high risk situation in order to liquidate the accounts

I demand a full refund for my deposits , or else I’m willing to take this issue locally in the courts of law in Ireland

Best,
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jun 25, 2019:
Dear Jassim,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

The leverage can indeed be changed to some limits, as long as the customer requests it, and if Regulations allow for it. We will investigate the case thoroughly and contact you.

SOUTH AFRICA, South Africa,
Jun 7, 2019,

Taking money

I WONT SAY i am a professional trader but i make profit unlike lately with Avatrade they blew my account ones i am in big profit and want to close my traded it doesnt even want to close i tried getting in touch with my account manager or avatrade but ones i have mentioned why cant i close my traded everybody disapearse and i need some awnsers are avatrade busy to play around on the clients

AC....76054665
Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Jun 10, 2019:
Dear Vertser,

Thank you for posting your review, and thank you very much for providing your account number.

The points you mentioned in your review were investigated, however, they could not be verified. You have only ever sent us a single email, and you have joined our live chat twice. All 3 correspondences were given a positive feedback.

The case has already been escalated and an agent will contact you soon.

Mexico,
May 13, 2019,

Again insisting my money has not arrived,

The letter of opinion or no refund was already sent to them by mail, and they told me that this was not the right one, and I sent them my statement that I did not receive any money, they also asked me and they did not offer me any solution. .. what should I do to get my money back ??, stupid

76022058
and
76022812

I will not stop leaving reviews to let people know that they are scam, until they give me back my money

Mar 9, 2019 - 1 Star I have sent a thousand and one emails, I have waited 3 months, and I continue to give the same damn response to their executives, when I have already informed them that the letter of no refund that the bank asks me can not provide ... they only put pretexts , to not send my money, yesterday I tried to withdraw the rest of my money by transfer, and they do not leave me either, knowing that if I do it with a credit card, the withdrawal will not come again. Damn scammers, thieves,. They have not escalated my problem to any department and I want my money and solution, meanwhile I will publish in forums that are scam ..... will they pay attention to my case or what happens? ACCOUNT 76022058

CLIENT A10531512

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Mar 25, 2019 Dear Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Any bank should be able to issue a letter of non- receipt as it is required to prove to the sending bank that you have not received the funds you transferred. The document is required by the bank, not by AvaTrade. A query has already been sent out and we are awaiting the bank's reply. You will be notified immediately once there is an update.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted May 16, 2019:
Dear Alexrada,

Thank you for providing your account numbers.

Can you please be more specific as to which withdrawal you are referring to? The latest withdrawal you have made is from April, and it was processed on the very same day. Additionally, it took some time to investigate the case fully but you have sent us no letter of non- receipt as you state in your review. Please do provide us with valid information. We are available for further communication on reviews@avatrade.com Kind Regards, The AvaTrade Team
Julio,
Victoria, Australia,
May 2, 2019,

Highly recommended forex broker

I've been trading with this broker for over 5 yrs already and they are very efficient.
Any concerns are immediately attended to the customer service and by my account manager who also give ample training and trading tips. They have wide range of instruments - currencies, commodities, cryptocurrencies, and stocks and have tight spreads. Their MT4 platform is very user friendly and efficient such that even though my internet connection here is not at its best, their Mt4 platform is running continuously. They also give generous trading bonus time and again to their clients.

Julio R. (Acct. No, 5197960)
Mindanao, Philippines,
May 2, 2019,

New traders should avoid them at all cost!

I really hate AVATrade on its withdrawal concerns, You see I tried to followup them every month for my money. I want to withdraw my money worth 2K plus in USD, but its been 4 months since I haven't had an update to where my money is. They kept opening new cases that doesn't make sense at all, the most recent one is Case#:209048. I hope new traders should avoid AVATrade for their own safety of funds. They keep on promising that they are doing there best but I can't see any of it.

I've been doing followups but I can't seem to hope that I can't get my money. They are a fraud unlike any other shady brokers our there.

Feb 26, 2019 - 1 Star AvaTrade sucks! Please do not be fooled by these reviews. Most of the 5 stars reviews are fake and most probably scams, I fell for it too, please do not use AVATrade as your trading broker. It is easy to fund but very hard to withdraw. I haven't receive my 2,000 USD for three months and counting. Customer support is nice when you are new, as the time goes on, all of them becomes rubbish.

Reply by AvaTrade CCare submitted Mar 4, 2019 Hello, Backyard Trader,

We have already spoken on the phone, and investigation of the delay is currently ongoing. You will be notified immediately when we have an update.