1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Dude, Where’s My Review?

Discussion in 'Forex Peace Army FAQ and Knowledge Base' started by AsstModerator, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsstModerator

AsstModerator FPA Forums and Reviews Admin

Hey Dude, Where’s My Review?

Be patient. The review moderation queue can get backed up. Every time you post a review, there’s a note about reviews taking from 3-5 business days to be processed. The time spent answering this same question over and over again every day from people who left reviews less than 48 hours before adds at least 1 day to the moderation process.

Please don’t give incorrect information about your location. You don’t have to give your city, but if you give false information about what country you are in, your review will probably be deleted. The bulk of reviews with fake countries are fake reviews. There’s an idiot in Latvia who spent more than 6 months leaving hundreds of fake reviews claiming to be from all over the world. He thought he could rearrange the top rated brokers. He failed. If you are traveling outside your home country, select the country you are currently in from the country dropdown box and write “(home country), currently visiting” in the location box if you feel the need to say where you are originally from. The FPA’s reviews don’t require you to give your real name, so your privacy is protected. If you have an issue with a company that’s threatened you and are worried that they can identify you just from the country you live in, then please use the contact instructions on this page to send a message to the FPA.

Is your review really a review? “I need contact info for the company or a reviewer.” Or “Hello person who left a review long ago, how’s it going?” aren’t reviews. People go to the reviews to read about experiences dealing with companies. If you want to argue about best settings or chat with other users, all but the most recently listed companies have a discussion thread linked to the review page. “Has anyone used this product?” is only appropriate if you are submitting a new site. It won’t make users come to the review page and share their experiences.

Is your review a Waiter Review? "John Honcho answered all my questions. 5 Stars!" isn't helpful. This might as well say "My waiter answered all my questions so I'm rating the restaurant as 5 stars." You need to try to broker (or the food) before leaving the review if you want it to be approved. You can read more about Waiter Reviews HERE.

About bonuses. "Wow! My account number is 123456 and I got a no deposit bonus!" and similar will not be approved. Would you give a bank a good review because they gave you some free money before you actually used their services? If you are aware of any broker offering bonuses or other incentives in exchange for leaving reviews, use the form on this page to report the program immediately. Please make sure to include enough information so that the FPA can verify the accusation.

Do you have a conflict of interest? IBs and other affiliates are no longer permitted to leave reviews for companies they are affiliated with or for competitors of those companies.

Our readers are worldwide. This website has chosen English as its primary language. Bilingual reviews are very welcome, as long as one of the languages is English. Reviews containing no English don't serve the majority of our readers and limit the ability of our moderators to check the content.. The FPA does have regional areas in the forums where the postings come in a variety of languages, but the reviews are supposed to be available to as many of our regular readers as possible.

If you leave a followup review, use the same name and location you used in the first review. Don’t try submitting multiple reviews under different names. One trader gets one vote. Submitting a second review under the same name lets you change the rating if you want to. If you get caught cheating, the best that you can hope for is to have all of your reviews deleted. The FPA is always working to improve detection of those who try to cheat.

If you left a review, it hasn’t shown up in 5 business days, and this page doesn’t explain why, use the Missing Review Inquiry Form at the bottom of this post. Someone here will check on your review. If you give a valid email address, someone will get back to you.

Related Questions

Are you a company representative checking on missing reviews? If so, CLICK HERE.

Are you wondering why the FPA moderates reviews? CLICK HERE to learn why the FPA takes time and effort do this

Want to know what happens if a company employee gets caught leaving fake reviews? CLICK HERE to find out.

Other Review Questions? CLICK HERE

Please note that the form below is exclusively for reviewers, not for company representatives.

Missing Review Inquiry Form

Verification:
    Swipe to Verify

Please note that the form above is exclusively for reviewers, not for company representatives.

2. AsstModerator

AsstModerator FPA Forums and Reviews Admin

The Missing Review Inquiry Form above is for the use of reviewers only. FPA policy is to only investigate missing reviews at the request of the person who submitted the review. Companies need to tell clients who told them submitted reviews were not approved to read the post above and to fill out the form if necessary.

I keep telling company representatives that reviewers are the only ones who can ask the FPA to check on a missing review. There is even a link in the post above for Company Representatives who want to know about missing reviews. It clearly explains that only the reviewer is entitled to ask. The primary reason for this is that I and my staff have wasted far too much time hunting reviews which were never submitted. A secondary reason is that many of the emails I get demanding investigations of missing reviews are from companies which have been showing patterns linked to fake reviews. I am certain that at least some of them would like me to write them a guidebook on exactly how to get their fake reviews past the FPA's review moderation process.

It is really very simple. If there was a real review by a real client that went missing, having the reviewer fill out the form makes checking many times faster than dealing looking for an unspecified number of missing reviews supposedly left on unspecified sates. Saying "We had a few clients who said they left reviews which were not approved. Go find them or else I know the FPA conspiring against my company." almost always ends up being a search showing either no reviews submitted or only a small number which were not approved within standard guidelines. Reviewers do not always give their real names. Reviewers should have some idea what name was on the review and some idea of when it was submitted. With the information provided by the reviewer, there have even been cases where the "missing" review turned out to have been submitted on the wrong company's review page. Every reviewer who fills out the form gets an answer.

And additional reason is the privacy of reviewers. In some cases, the response the FPA would need to send to the reviewer includes information about the reviewer's IP addresses or other information that cannot be shared with third parties.

Several months ago broker representative who had been told many times to send any client who submitted a review which was not approved within 5 business days to this page. Instead, the representative sent a list of 8 client names with the account number of each client. Usually, I've got less information to work with than this. The broker insisted that all eight had left a review and included the account number.

Two people on their list could be connected to rejected reviews. Both had written in. The first mentioned he had left a review for the broker and was given the reason for the rejection. He never replied and never resubmitted the review. The second wrote in to the FPA - and claimed to have submitted a review for a product completely unrelated to forex or any other form of financial product. The broker had already been getting some very suspicious reviews, and I consider this to be strong evidence that the broker was hiring people who are paid to leave fake reviews. The FPA wrote back and never heard from that person again.

None of the other six names or account numbers could be tied to any review ever submitted to the FPA. No one else had reported a missing review left for that broker. I asked them repeatedly to contact all 8 of the clients, but still have not heard back from the 2 who did write in or any of the other 6. I also explained to them that if you ask a group of clients to leave reviews and 20 agree, chances are that less than half will actually submit the review. If the clients are harassed about leaving reviews, the number who really submit one goes down. I then had to waste large amounts of time carefully and repeatedly explaining that no matter how many aggressive and accusatory emails they send me, it is impossible to approve reviews which were never submitted.

And now, another company which had already been told to send anyone who had a review not show up within 5 business days to this page. There were a few reviews which didn't get accepted. Had the people who submitted them read this page, they would know why. If they did not understand, they could have used the form above to ask. None did.

As of today, any company continuing to ask me to violate established FPA procedure to hunt down missing reviews will be given a choice...

1. They can follow established procedure like all other companies. The procedure is to send the client to this thread with instructions to read the first post and to fill out the form if the first post does not explain the issue.
    2. I will personally check their reviews. If I find no missing reviews or that all rejections were within standard FPA guidelines, I will post the name of the company, the name of the person making the request, and the result of my time being wasted here. In some cases, a message about the claimed issue and a link to the post about the useless search will be placed on the company's review page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.