• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Blueberry Markets - Have my ID, want my ID again!

I am having an issue with a company

raddy2024

Recruit
I've been with Blueberry Markets for about a year, never had an issues topping up until today. My account has been verified since day one and i uploaded two forms of ID when i first joined. I just logged in (on the same laptop i always use!) to top up my account via debit/credit card and received an error message asking me to contact support. So i opened up the online chat to see what the issue is.

At first I was told they need to update my DOB. Now if my account is verified and they have my ID, why can't they update my DOB? They tell me they need my ID again. Why? when they already have it. Its highly concerning that they are not sure of my age yet have allowed me the place trades and top up for the past year? or worst still they have lost my ID that was on file and so need it again. The person I spoke to on chat then changed their story and told me they needed to verify i was the account holder (so nothing to do with my DOB?) and if this was the case why couldn't they couldn't email or text me to verify me as the account holder? Just making it up as they go along. One of the first things a financial institution needs to do when you sign up is KYC checks, this includes a customers age, they've had my age from day one through my ID otherwise laws would have been broken!

Heres how the conversation went:

Hi C, thanks for reaching out. My name is Angelo, how can I help you?
i'm unable to top up, theres error messages

Let me go ahead and assist you on with your deposit.
May I have a screenshot of the screen where the error message is showing up?

Thanks for this.
Let me investigate your account, may I have the email address associated to your account?

Thank you so much for this. Give me 3-5 minutes to check on this for you.
ok

Upon checking here, we need to update some of your information as it is either old or there's an incorrect information. May I ask for a valid ID that is not expired?
which information is old?

So, it looks like it is incorrect but not old. Your date of birth is null.
Or it doesn't have a number on this thus we need to update it.
and where do i update that as im in my profile and dont see any dob field

Kindly provide me an ID so I can update it for you.
are you saying you have no ID for me?

It is part of our verification to update the date of birth.
if you have my ID then my DOB can be updated, whats the issue?

It is part of our verification process to update your date of birth, we need to as an ID. I understand if you're uncomfortable providing it to me now and If you're more comfortable providing it to our email you have an option to do so. You can just reply to one of emails that we sent you before or send it at

you have my ID
are you saying you don't have my ID?
have you lost my ID?

It is not about we lost the ID, it is more of verifying we are talking to the right person.
why do you think i'm not the riight person? im logged into my account right now

We can't proceed without your ID, again, it is part of our verification process. And we are just chatting thus we can't know for sure if it's the correct person.
you have my ID, i have submitted it
so you need to tell me why you don't have it
because if you have lsot it, i will be putting in a GDPR complaint

Even though you are not logged in, you can chat with us.
i am logged in thankyou very mjuch
so i ask again, whats theissue

I understand that you have submitted your ID already but again, it is not about losing your ID or not. It is a verification process.
i have sent a screenshot showing issue with topping up
so i am logged in
so if im logged in, you need to verify me because?

I think we are circling around here, you can either provide me an ID or not but without it I can't update your date of birth.
you have my ID on file
ive asked you whats the issue here
and you cannot answer me
this is hugely concerning

Yes, we do have your ID but the issue is I can't update it without you providing your ID right now.
i will be outting in GDPR complaint for losing my ID
why not?
if its the same ID

We didn't lose your ID, this is just part of the verification process thus we need to ask it from you.
when ICO contact you they will ask you why you cannot update clients details
and what will you say
if you have my ID, theres no reason you cannot put my DOB in

I do apologize, we're circling around here. I have other clients to attend to and if you can't provide me an ID right now, I can't update your date of birth thus I will need to release the chat.
im not providing it again when you already have it
ill be outting in my GDPR complaint to ICO tonight

We did not lose your ID, it is part of our verification process.
this is outrageous
then you can update my DOB if you have my ID

I've been with Blueberry Markets for about a year, never had an issues topping up until today. My account has been verified since day one and i uploaded two forms of ID when i first joined. I just logged in (on the same laptop i always use!) to top up my account via debit/credit card and received an error message asking me to contact support. So i opened up the online chat to see what the issue is.

At first I was told they need to update my DOB. Now if my account is verified and they have my ID, why can't they update my DOB? They tell me they need my ID again. Why? when they already have it. Its highly concerning that they are not sure of my age yet have allowed me the place trades and top up for the past year? or worst still they have lost my ID that was on file and so need it again. The person I spoke to on chat then changed their story and told me they needed to verify i was the account holder (so nothing to do with my DOB?) and if this was the case why couldn't they couldn't email or text me to verify me as the account holder? Just making it up as they go along. One of the first things a financial institution needs to do when you sign up is KYC checks, this includes a customers age, they've had my age from day one through my ID otherwise laws would have been broken!

Heres how the conversation went:

Hi C, thanks for reaching out. My name is Angelo, how can I help you?
i'm unable to top up, theres error messages

Let me go ahead and assist you on with your deposit.
May I have a screenshot of the screen where the error message is showing up?

Thanks for this.
Let me investigate your account, may I have the email address associated to your account?

Thank you so much for this. Give me 3-5 minutes to check on this for you.
ok

Upon checking here, we need to update some of your information as it is either old or there's an incorrect information. May I ask for a valid ID that is not expired?
which information is old?

So, it looks like it is incorrect but not old. Your date of birth is null.
Or it doesn't have a number on this thus we need to update it.
and where do i update that as im in my profile and dont see any dob field

Kindly provide me an ID so I can update it for you.
are you saying you have no ID for me?

It is part of our verification to update the date of birth.
if you have my ID then my DOB can be updated, whats the issue?

It is part of our verification process to update your date of birth, we need to as an ID. I understand if you're uncomfortable providing it to me now and If you're more comfortable providing it to our email you have an option to do so. You can just reply to one of emails that we sent you before or send it at

you have my ID
are you saying you don't have my ID?
have you lost my ID?

It is not about we lost the ID, it is more of verifying we are talking to the right person.
why do you think i'm not the riight person? im logged into my account right now

We can't proceed without your ID, again, it is part of our verification process. And we are just chatting thus we can't know for sure if it's the correct person.
you have my ID, i have submitted it
so you need to tell me why you don't have it
because if you have lsot it, i will be putting in a GDPR complaint

Even though you are not logged in, you can chat with us.
i am logged in thankyou very mjuch
so i ask again, whats theissue

I understand that you have submitted your ID already but again, it is not about losing your ID or not. It is a verification process.
i have sent a screenshot showing issue with topping up
so i am logged in
so if im logged in, you need to verify me because?

I think we are circling around here, you can either provide me an ID or not but without it I can't update your date of birth.
you have my ID on file
ive asked you whats the issue here
and you cannot answer me
this is hugely concerning

Yes, we do have your ID but the issue is I can't update it without you providing your ID right now.
i will be outting in GDPR complaint for losing my ID
why not?
if its the same ID

We didn't lose your ID, this is just part of the verification process thus we need to ask it from you.
when ICO contact you they will ask you why you cannot update clients details
and what will you say
if you have my ID, theres no reason you cannot put my DOB in

I do apologize, we're circling around here. I have other clients to attend to and if you can't provide me an ID right now, I can't update your date of birth thus I will need to release the chat.
im not providing it again when you already have it
ill be outting in my GDPR complaint to ICO tonight

We did not lose your ID, it is part of our verification process.
this is outrageous
then you can update my DOB if you have my ID
It's a simply verification process mate, chat department and verification department has their on separate area's. If you send the legal documents to chat department then they will share it with verification department with the note update the DOB.

You can simply share the same via email and your problem will be solved.

It's a simply verification process mate, chat department and verification department has their on separate area's. If you send the legal documents to chat department then they will share it with verification department with the note update the DOB.

You can simply share the same via email and your problem will be solved.
I already verified when I signed up. The account is verified. They have two forms of ID. They had my birthday from day one. Why on earth would I send it all in again when it's already been done?

I have several account and regularly have these issues, It is frustrating AF..., especially as some brokers review your profile at regular intervals, resulting in requests down the line, after your account is fully verified.

That said, I have learnt that KYC is part of trading and no use getting emotional(angry) about it. They have their procedures and they don't care one way or another. If you want to carry on trading with them, then simply send the your ID, whether it be the original file, or a new one - it will probably take you less time that the time it took to create your post.. Going the GDPR route is just going to waste your time, presumably time that can be better spent on trading.

I have several account and regularly have these issues, It is frustrating AF..., especially as some brokers review your profile at regular intervals, resulting in requests down the line, after your account is fully verified.

That said, I have learnt that KYC is part of trading and no use getting emotional(angry) about it. They have their procedures and they don't care one way or another. If you want to carry on trading with them, then simply send the your ID, whether it be the original file, or a new one - it will probably take you less time that the time it took to create your post.. Going the GDPR route is just going to waste your time, presumably time that can be better spent on trading.
KYC is done at the start of opening up an account to ensure you are over the age of 18. So they had my date of birth from day one.
Sending them the original file which they already have is the definition of wasting time and makes absolutely no sense, I have every right under GDPR to have my details updated with the information (ID) they already have on file for me.

KYC is done at the start of opening up an account to ensure you are over the age of 18. So they had my date of birth from day one.
Sending them the original file which they already have is the definition of wasting time and makes absolutely no sense, I have every right under GDPR to have my details updated with the information (ID) they already have on file for me.
I know exactly what KYC is and why it is done. I don't disagree with you. I am simply pointing out that there is an easy way and a hard way to sort this out. You seem to be choosing the hard way because it's your right.

I know exactly what KYC is and why it is done. I don't disagree with you. I am simply pointing out that there is an easy way and a hard way to sort this out. You seem to be choosing the hard way because it's your right.
The options are let brokers like this make it up as they go along and clients bow down to their every whim and jump through every hoop and not question anything or call them out on their BS. Personally I think the former is harder because you dont know what hoop you will have to jump through next.

Back