• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Brokers for Canadian

TimBryce

Recruit
Hi everyone, forex newbie right here, just finished reading all of the forex military school, by the way big thank you for all this valuable information, really great and nicely structured. Currently looking for a broker to trade on demo account.

For real accounts, I've read that here in Canada, we have special regulations, especially in Alberta, but i'm not sure about if are we allowed to choose the broker we want or not? Ive read that we have leverage limit of like 16:1... But I just contacted exness rep and he told me there was no limits for us at all. up to 2000:1 on micros,etc..

I'm a little confused so if someone knows the info about this, a little help would ne nice! Thanks

You're going to be in the same boat as US traders. The Canadian gov't is doing everything they can to scare offshore brokers into not accepting Canadian clients - while still leaving scammers like InvestTechFx operating inside of Canada (even though the RCMP is seeking to arrest the owners).

Try contacting some FCA regulated (fully regulated, not passported from Cyprus) brokers and NFA regulated brokers in the USA and see if any of them accept Canadians.

Canada is a lovely country. You want less headache and more safety on your money? Don't contact anyone other than NFA Regulated Brokers FULL STOP

Simply, browse Google for NFA Regulated Forex brokers, you'll get a list, test what you like from it. We'll also be glad to help you;)

Is it true that this limits is solely for some provinces, not for all the country?

Back