Comprehensive News Trading, The Only Way Forward

THE GREAT COUNTDOWN BEGINS : 12 LIVE TRADES WITH 11 WINS:
UK MANUFACTURING PMI REPORT :
LIVE TRADE : VERDICT : A NO TRADE FOR ME : 0% CHANCE
***** The countless number of NO TRADES are enough to protect our accounts *****
Be a successful forex trader by avoiding as many bad trades as possible.
STOP price watching and START trading.

US ISM MANUFACTURING PMI REPORT :
LIVE TRADE : VERDICT : A NO TRADE FOR ME : 10% CHANCE
***** The countless number of NO TRADES are enough to protect our accounts *****

I had a similar epiphany months ago, that news trading is the way to go, but it seems impossible. I failed for a few months anyway. Upon the release, price IMMEDIATELY spikes, and the majority of the pips to be gained are history. Brokers are just too slow to catch these movements. I've even tried using automated news software to click 'trade' within microseconds of the release. Still too slow. I either experience severe slippage, or my trade goes unopened. If I wait until after the initial spike, and trade say the retracement, my odds seem to return to 50/50.

Would you care to elaborate on exactly how you trade the news? Have you found a way to trade that is fast enough to beat the spike? Do you open the trade prior to the release? Do you trade the retracements?

Cheers

Last edited:
It is difficult to elaborate and the strategy is comprehensive. Just try to read my initial posts to get a glimpse of what I am talking about. Since I am not a forex mentor or a signal provider, I only trade and trade for others who feel they can follow my live trades to do so.

THE CALENDAR OF EVENTS FOR THE WEEK 6TH TO 10TH APRIL, 2015:
Monday 6th April, 2015:
3.00 PM CAD Ivey PMI
3.00 PM USD ISM Non Manufacturing PMI
Tuesday 7th April, 2015:
5.30 AM AUD Interest Rate Decision
9.30 AM GBP Services PMI
Wednesday 8th April , 2015:
7.00 PM USD FOMC Meeting Minutes
Thursday 9th April, 2015:
12.00 PM GBP APF and Interest Rate Decision
Friday 10th April, 2015:
1.30 PM CAD Employment Change.
I shall give updates before each report and
my LIVE TRADES as usual.

US ISM NON MANUFACTURING PMI AND CAD IVEY PMI REPORTS :
LIVE TRADE : VERDICT : A NO TRADE FOR ME : 5% CHANCE

Throw me a bone here

It is difficult to elaborate and the strategy is comprehensive. Just try to read my initial posts to get a glimpse of what I am talking about. Since I am not a forex mentor or a signal provider, I only trade and trade for others who feel they can follow my live trades to do so.

I'm not so much concerned with the overall strategy, ie entry points, news figure deviations, etc etc. What I can't figure out is the logistics of actually placing a trade. ie, how to open a trade in .000000000004 seconds, so that I actually catch the news movement.

It can't be that difficult to explain can it? Or is it a secret....

Superheroboy,
There is no way to trade the 'news spikes' successfully without getting your fingers burnt. Never do spike trading if you want to succeed in forex trading.
All the soft wares advertised for spike trading are fraudulent and useless. Trade normally and make your money.

Well, so now that Crude Oil Futures are up 6.1% , On the other hand, the WTI Crude Oil sank 1.93%. This is a perplexing scenario for a news trader, I am going to stay on the sidelines and wait for a shorting opportunity.

AUD INTEREST RATE DECISION REPORT :
LIVE TRADE : VERDICT : UNCHANGED

Back