• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem FastBrokers and FXDD case

I am having an issue with a company
That's why you need a deal with someone who has a pathological addiction to writing. Look around for some guy with a post count that's way above normal for the forum. :p

Pharaoh, was that attack against me really necessary? I registered to shed some light on a situation for which I have helpful information. Did anything I say show any intent to sell anything? I'm not even configured to receive PM's; I don't want people asking me for it.

MODERATION NOTE: A sentence that violated forum rules has been deleted here. Do not make us delete any more.
amazing ea super hedging after modified by iran

The topic is a little bit hard to follow as many of the members don't speak English well, but this is where the topic was discussed as some guy registered trying to sell it on this forum.

I don't see how given the reported way that the hacked client/EA works would allow injection of invalid prices, unless the server software must be compromised with bad code/bug/exploitable code.

Yes, the client may actually utilize that exploit, but I'm guessing that brokers stay up to date with their MT4 bridges and server software, this exploit, when found, would have been fixed and the exploit would not have been usable. I do not think this is the first time the reported exploit has surfaced, so MQ is probably well aware of it and already dealt with it.

The problem with this case is going to be that FXDD must obviously have some way of detecting whether this is occuring - if it is occuring, then they would have to demonstrate what algorithm they use to classify exploitive users. If their algorithm is too generic, it may create false positives which may explain why potentially innocent people are getting caught in this. However one would also question that if FXDD noticed this was happening, that they would also have to provide evidence that they've fixed the exploit - I am not a lawyer but I believe maintaining security is a two way street in the courts. FXDD would be in a bad position if they effectively left the exploit open on purpose to sue when a fix was available.

Honestly, at this point I dont think such a client exists. I believe potentially, as all code has bugs, it is *possible*, but I don't believe it exists. The reason why is because it is so controversial that it would spread like wildfire, and both brokers, MQ, and anyone else involved would stamp out the exploit incredibly fast.

In the case that the client exists and the exploit is still valid, it should be published. This may initially cause people to attempt to use it (but they will soon be caught) - because public knowledge would force MQ almost immediately to work 24/7 to fix MT4 and any bridges or wherever the exploit may be, since the pressure is on.

Lots of people are making lots of claims in this thread, but the problem is that most of it is heresay with no evidence. If this client does exist and someone wishes to send it to me or send it to FPA publicly I can analyze the code (along no doubt with other FPA members) it to see if it's true or not, in a white-hat fashion, and report here. I have absolutely zero intention of using it due to morality,legality,etc. Other then that, less blah more facts.

Pharaoh, was that attack against me really necessary? I registered to shed some light on a situation for which I have helpful information. Did anything I say show any intent to sell anything? I'm not even configured to receive PM's; I don't want people asking me for it.

I think you should re-read my post a litle more carefully. I was saying that if such a topic existed (and now there is a link - thanks for resolving that issue), it might exist solely to sell a non-functional EA to gullible investors. I did not say that you were the one who created the topic or that you were trying to sell it.

Your prior post would have raised far fewer suspicions had you included the link that time.

Based on the first couple of pages (I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread) and assuming the EA really works as described, unless the account Raimundas is trading shows zero spread hedge trades being opened over and over again, he's not using it. Of course, FXDD could always claim he's using some other magic price injection EA.

I think you should re-read my post a litle more carefully. I was saying that if such a topic existed (and now there is a link - thanks for resolving that issue), it might exist solely to sell a non-functional EA to gullible investors. I did not say that you were the one who created the topic or that you were trying to sell it.

Your prior post would have raised far fewer suspicions had you included the link that time.

Based on the first couple of pages (I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread) and assuming the EA really works as described, unless the account Raimundas is trading shows zero spread hedge trades being opened over and over again, he's not using it. Of course, FXDD could always claim he's using some other magic price injection EA.

Okay, well I'm glad we got that sorted out :) I'm just trying to help. Needless to say, FXDD was hit by some tool that exploited their MQ server... However, it seems like Raimundas is genuinely innocent, so I think he can take solace in the fact that FXDD should have verifiable evidence based on transactional history, who in fact did it.

In theory, anyone could have use the hacked MT4 client to just trade as usual without paying spreads an providing them self a tiny edge. The EA was just an ingenious way to make the best use of it, since going back and forth but always being hedged guarantees a net gain in pips always.

Raimundas and Dexx,

If both of you agree, I'm sure out favorite AsstModerator could arrange an exchange of email addresses.

Okay, well I'm glad we got that sorted out :) I'm just trying to help. Needless to say, FXDD was hit by some tool that exploited their MQ server... However, it seems like Raimundas is genuinely innocent, so I think he can take solace in the fact that FXDD should have verifiable evidence based on transactional history, who in fact did it.

Well. Just playing devils advocate, wouldn't FXDD have to prove that the client obtained the software? Although improbable, as brokers issue their own mt4 platform packages, and also supply updates within, technically they could have fed the hacked version to the clients. Unlikely, but possible?

Raimundas traded there a long time. This price injection software was supposed to be a "make a fortune and withdraw it before the broker notices" type deal.

My best guess is that there really is no price injection software that would work on a live account. More likely, someone did create some sort of arbitrage software that worked for a little while. Under NFA rules, I'm not even sure if true arbitrage would be grounds for confiscating profits. When FXDD tried to figure out who was using it, Raimundas probably had the misfortune to have made a handful of trades that overlapped those of the people who did find a way to exploit a weakness of FXDD's system.

FXDD doesn't really want to take this to trial. They know that if they come in with enough lawyers, most people will cave in and accept a settlement of some sort. To go to trial would be to publicly announce to all of FXDD's clients that the platform has weaknesses and that if a client of FXDD is even suspected of doing something bad, NFA rules and privacy rules will be thrown out the window.

Personally, this whole issue would make me afraid to place any trades with FXDD.

Back