Just a thought, card numbers and scams

hoover

Recruit
Over the last few days I have been thinking a bout one of the steps you are suppose to follow when trying to withdraw money from cititrades or other operations that are now most likely listed as a scam. I am referring to the part when you are asked to send them a picture of the back of your credit or bank card with the 3 digits behind your name covered up. You should not do this in the fist place, but if you are in desperate need of your own money and are going to do it anyway. You should do one thing, tape up the 16 or so digits on the back of your card. Why? even though the numbers are wrote up side down and back wards, all they need to do is print it out and hold it up against a mirrior... congradulations you just gave them your full card number. Take one of your credit cards and hold the back of it up against a mirior and see for your self. I checked, if you have done something like this, the bank can get you a new card and number and keep your old card (with number) active. It is active for money coming in, nothing more. If an on going scam does not know your on to them, there is a chance they will send your money back to show how up right and honest they are, to try and get more money from you (especially if you baited them into thinking your interested in investing a much larger amount in the near future) If they fall for this, transfer your money into your new account with new number and they cant touch it. The next time they contact you tell them "enjoy hell" and hang up.:)

I have an even better solution. Don't sign up with ANY binary broker and carefully research forex brokers before sending your money to one of them. At that point, yes, block out any digits they don't need to see, front and back.

Agreed. I think all binary option sites should and will be shut down in the future. There might be some good ones but the majority of them are in it to make money for themselves even if that involves lies and out right theft of other peapals money. Not only do they make fools of country government trade laws, governments, more so now then ever they are wondering "where is our cut" (taxes ect.) All governments with their financial institutions love $$$$$$$$.

Pharaoh. I do have a question for you but as I see no option to send you a private message, I will be discreet and leave names out. I got an email from a company that peapal have been talking a bout on this site lately. Some of the email was in regards to a past/current situation that I am involved in, its not cititrades. It is not spam. However some of it contained info regarding someone else, their name and didgits from their credit card, it had nothing to do with me whatsoever. The name is also a girls name, last time I checked I am a guy. My question is; in your opinion do you think whoever sent me this email is trying to set me up in some way, or are they just that stupid? As far as I know the person listed is not a member of this site. Then again not many peapal list their real names so what do I know.

You should be able to send me a PM. Those are called conversations now. I'll send one to you. Click on the little envelope in the upper-right corner.

Back