Lionstone Scaming the clients

Hello Lionstone Representative,
You are a new member of FPA apparently joining for the purpose of responding to this complaint.
Thank you for your detailed and professional response.
Please visit your Broker Review Page and note the Discussion Board associated with it.
FPA Members would benefit from your providing us with a truthful, basic description of your firm and its offerings, here:
Lionstone | Lionstone.co.uk reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army
If I have accidentally misidentified your company identity I will gladly correct any errors made in my earlier post #2 and apologize to you.
For the initial investigation I relied upon the complainant's undocumented statement in post #1 wherein it was stated that the broker website is Lionstone.co.uk.
Visiting it, I found you identify yourself as Lionstone Investment Services (UK).
My search of the Companies House indicates your company number should be 07002287. Is that not correct?
If it is, it appears your Accounts are Overdue by 3 months, and there is a Status: Active - Proposal to Strike off.
Failure Page
When searching "Lionstone" on the FSA Register, Lionstone Capital (UK) Ltd. is returned, a firm that is no longer authorized.
As a result of your remarks, I have today backcheck that firm at the Companies House, which returns Company No. 05285907, which is indeed a different firm in name, and is in good stead.
So upon reviewing of my post #2, indeed it appears I was in error; although I trust you can see how easily this unintentional confusion could have occurred.
For that error I apologize.
As a representative speaking for your firm here, you need to provide us with your full name, your title, your exact company name, physical address, and telelphone number where we may reach you.
To your point #2, it appears correct that you certainly are not registered or required to be so; but, clients dealing with unregistered firms are at a distinct disadvantage when difficulties such as these arise. That message should be heeded by all readers.
Without yet having had time to get down into the weeds with the "he said", "she said" of the email records, it appears you were quite willing to open accounts and receive funds before doing your due diligence; while you finally get religion once profits are made and withdrawals are requested. Notwithstanding, you are certainly within your rights with regard to AML compliance and your need to verify the accuracy of documents submitted.
Mr. G should recognize there are serious banking restrictions on Iranian entities doing international business with the West, especially in finance; and doing business in the UK for you required you confirm your relationship was two-way approved BEFORE placing any client funds with anyone!
This is a classic case of an unlicensed and unregulated money manager dealing with an unlicensed and unregulated broker.
I hope Lionstone can provide us with some solid documentation of honest dealings, and Mr. G recognize the seriousness of supplying questionable documentation.
More later.
Anthony Ingrassia, CTA
NFA ID#: 0278164

FOREXFORME,

Lionstone wants notarized/apostilled copies sent by mail. Sending those and seeing how Lionstone reacts is the only way to bring this issue to a conclusion one way or the other.

Hello Lionstone Representative,

Thanks for your Post.
As I mentioned in my last posts I already sent all of my documents for Lionstone broker.including my 1) billing address in sweden , 2) My bank statement in Sweden , 3) My ID swedish ID card , 4) my swedish passport.
I'm planing to send the notarized Copy of my documents to their mail address too but I'm sure they will ask me for something new.
but the important note is why Lionstone is asking me for these documents now?if they had any doubt about any thing why did they allowed me to deposit funds and why did allow me to work with them for two months?
Why they are asking me for these documents now?
If I knew that this company is going to ask me for these docuemnts via Mail I never requested for any thing from them.by the way the other note here is that why they are asking the same from my clients?
and some of my clients sent them their docuemnts to their mail address but still did not get their money!!!

Make sure to send the documents with tracking and signature required. That way there can be no debate over whether they were received or not.

Please update your Thread with the results of your experience with Lionstone.

Back