• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem SecuredOptions - Scam alert

I am having an issue with a company
Kay, may I know what actions or recourse have you taken against them so far? And any of those actions, especially those recommended by FPA, have any results at all?

I'm going to consolidate the namelist of the victims. I will go about formulating a simple questionnaire to derive a summary of the number of affected clients and the common problems encountered. I realised many of these scammers got away with things cos the complaints are scattered. Hence I would like to take up the task of consolidating the necessary information and submitting to whatever authorities as a petition group.

Email me at tommisu@hotmail.com with the headings "SecuredOptions - Scam alert complaint". Give me a couple of days to come up with something usable, then I will trouble anyone who bothered to email me to fill in the short questionnaire. I will probably take maybe a couple of weeks to consolidate the feedback before submitting to the authorities.

Spread the words around to any victims you know or post on any forums you might be on.

Tommisu, go ahead and send the link to this thread to every address you have for them. Invite them to come and join the discussion.

How did you make the deposits?

I am pretty sure they are watching this very closely. Cos the moment this was put up, within a few hours, my "account manager" skyped me and proposed for me to talk to their Senior Account Manager, a Mr "Edward Reeds", which actually appeared more than once in my investigation, to help recover my trading account and to delete this post, with the threat that their legal department will proceed to take legal actions against me.

Well, all the facts I put up are backed by hard, black and white correspondences such as emails, skype conversations, "legal contract", trading and banking history. So I am more than willing to share that with any "legal department" that might take an interest. But I'm 99.99% confident that my case is much more solid than theirs.

The deposits were made with Credit Cards and Bank wire transfer.

Mr Edward Reed the Senior Manager has been lying to me all these while and even slammed the phone down on me. Don't be fooled by his promises!

When it was made known to SecuredOptions that I actually diligently, on a daily basis, kept an archive of all correspondences with them and all changes in my account since day 1, they have gone all quiet on me. No response to skype messages, no response to emails.

After sending the link to all email address at Secured Options Mr Edward Reed called me (after been quiet for almost a week) threatening to sue me with all his company 25 lawyers if I don't apologise to him and remove my posting. Obviously they are not interested in solving this amicably.

Well, maybe the FPA seniors can advise? Cos from what legal experience I have, yes, they have the right to proceed with any legal proceedings they wish. But what will the case be based upon? Defamation? Libel?

As I have noted, with the hard evidences we have, we definitely have a much stronger case than them. Or, more accurately, we are the only one with a case here. If they want to go ahead with any law suit, and in the process, whether they like it or not, having to expose all their dirty laundries in the process... They may be scammers but they are smart scammers. They wouldn't want to dig a hole for themselves which they can't climb out of.

Using threats of legal actions to silence helpless victims, this is a downright dirty trick, nothing new at all. Our hard proofs of all the facts listed here, solely against their words, I'll let the public guess the outcome of that.

Back